SE Overnight Benefits in YYZ

Old Sep 5, 22, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Well, sounds like I probably should have taken the overnight in YYZ instead of IAH tonight. They ended up putting me in a Holiday Inn. The room is fine, but I'm a bit miffed they wouldn't put me in the airport hotel so I could skip the hotel shuttles.

Got a couple meal vouchers. US$15 each. I guess AC hasn't heard about the rampant inflation recently 😆

​​​
Old Sep 6, 22, 10:32 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
A quote from AC from my last forced overnight at YYZ. Specifically about the meals (I had to Uber to the restaurant).

"out of pocket expenses for your uber rides - $36.40 CAD and for meals we only cover up to maximum of $15.00 CAD for dinner for a total of $51.40 CAD."
Old Sep 6, 22, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC Super Elite, Bonvoy Titanium
For credit card insurance (I have the CIBC Aeroplan Premium), do they require you to go through the carrier first, or can you just expense directly to the CC and bypass the airline?
Old Sep 6, 22, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by JordanK View Post
Well, sounds like I probably should have taken the overnight in YYZ instead of IAH tonight. They ended up putting me in a Holiday Inn. The room is fine, but I'm a bit miffed they wouldn't put me in the airport hotel so I could skip the hotel shuttles.

Got a couple meal vouchers. US$15 each. I guess AC hasn't heard about the rampant inflation recently 😆

​​​
What the heck! After everything weve discussed above you should have just stayed at the Airport Marriott and sent the bill to your credit card 😀

You also get the hotel points this way.

Originally Posted by yvr76 View Post
For credit card insurance (I have the CIBC Aeroplan Premium), do they require you to go through the carrier first, or can you just expense directly to the CC and bypass the airline?
You dont need to talk to the airline. Just go out and get the things you need (bed, food, clothes) and keep the receipts. They are really good with paying its why you pay the credit card fee.
M

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 6, 22 at 11:51 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Search this Thread