Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Questions about missed connections on another airline

Question: Questions about missed connections on another airline

Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by wayner92
There is the TGV, but as I mentioned above then you have the issue of getting from CDG to Gare Montparnasse in Paris. If you are already at CDG it is probably just easier to fly onto your final destination rather than taking a taxi or train to the station in the city.
No, you don't have to go to Gare Montparnasse - there's a TGV station at CDG.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E50k, MM
Originally Posted by Twickenham
No, you don't have to go to Gare Montparnasse - there's a TGV station at CDG.
Does that train go on to Bordeaux?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:51 pm

Agree that generally best to connect on a single PNR, but there are situations where its not possible.

I have an upcoming trip to Stockholm. Flying back with a priority PE (75k) reward plus R eupgrade to J from CPH to YYZ but no reward space from ARN to CPH, so booked separately with SAS (1 hour 40 minute connection, if incoming AC flight on time). The SAS flight has an AC codeshare # if booked ARN-YYZ entirely with $, but I want to use the reward before it expires. Is there any way to let AC know about this connection?

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wayner92
Does that train go on to Bordeaux?

Did you read my post? Yes it goes to Bordeaux. I have taken it. Only negative: takes about an hour from CDG to Massy, going around Paris on slow tracks.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Did you read my post? Yes it goes to Bordeaux. I have taken it. Only negative: takes about an hour from CDG to Massy, going around Paris on slow tracks.
There is a direct train but it leaves at 8:10 -- before OP's flight comes in. It also takes nearly 4h which is two hours longer than the train to Montparnasse and an hour longer even after factoring in doing battle at Chatelet...

The closest connecting train doesn't leave till 11:16 and also takes 4h arriving after 3pm -- INOUI 5224 and Ouigo 7673
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jaysfan13
I have an upcoming trip to Stockholm. Flying back with a priority PE (75k) reward plus R eupgrade to J from CPH to YYZ but no reward space from ARN to CPH, so booked separately with SAS (1 hour 40 minute connection, if incoming AC flight on time). The SAS flight has an AC codeshare # if booked ARN-YYZ entirely with $, but I want to use the reward before it expires. Is there any way to let AC know about this connection?
You're in a bit better of a position because AC does, at least sometimes, follow the North American practice of having a "flat tire" rule. I don't think it's official but usually if you present at the airport late but within some time limit they'll move you to the next available flight for free. However in your case that's not a huge benefit because that's presumably the next day (assuming it's not full) and there's a good chance you'll lose your upgrade too. For that matter... if you're delayed enough there might not be any AC staff in CPH to help and the flat tire rule doesn't help on the phone... Does SAS not have an earlier flight?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:34 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
I know OP was asking about flights booked on separate PNRs, but I have a related question: when its on the same PNR but different carriers, do you work with the ongoing carrier or the ticketing/originating carrier?

I have an upcoming trip YYZ-AMS-IST-FRU. First leg AC, the rest with TK, all booked on a single PNR on 014 stock. The connection in AMS is only 70 minutes, and with Air Canadas recent performance Im doubtful Ill make it - although my saving grace may be that the AMS-IST route with TK is also often delayed.

If the incoming flight is delayed enough that I miss the next leg would I talk to TK in AMS or AC? I know from ITA but that there are later options with TK, but they arent available to buy through AC, in case of a missed connection would TK just put me on one of these (if space is available?)
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zkzkz
There is a direct train but it leaves at 8:10 -- before OP's flight comes in. It also takes nearly 4h which is two hours longer than the train to Montparnasse and an hour longer even after factoring in doing battle at Chatelet...

The closest connecting train doesn't leave till 11:16 and also takes 4h arriving after 3pm -- INOUI 5224 and Ouigo 7673

Sure. Still, I would rather take it than an RER ride into Paris, then am overcrowded subway to go to Montparnasse. I did mention earlier that it takes a long time going around Paris. I must have taken that later train at least twice, although the last time, last year I think, not all the way to Bordeaux, I believe only to St Pierre des Corps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.