Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help! Aeroplan flight is today (1pm) CET, need to cancel but contact center closed

Help! Aeroplan flight is today (1pm) CET, need to cancel but contact center closed

Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Hi friends, I have a flight booked out of ZRH today on an Aeroplan award I need to cancel (sick). I thought I could cancel / change till 2 hrs in advance, but I cant can't cancel online (it says to call) and when I call it says the contact center is closed. Any options??

Thanks so much
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Call AC Reservations at 00 800 669 92222 and hope for the best...
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Update it seems to be the thing to do in these cases is to call AC reservations. They will cancel out the award segment (but not the ticket) and leave a note in the record. I was told to them call Aeroplan back during business hours.

we will see if this works but hope useful knowledge for someone else !
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Update 2 that worked! Aeroplan was able to collect the refund fee and reinstate the miles. They have to get a supervisor in ticketing to process it, so make sure you have the record documented with the time you originally called to cancel while closed and make sure the segment is actually deleted / space released at that time.

good luck to anyone else who runs into this issue in the future!

Originally Posted by 747-400
Update it seems to be the thing to do in these cases is to call AC reservations. They will cancel out the award segment (but not the ticket) and leave a note in the record. I was told to them call Aeroplan back during business hours.

we will see if this works but hope useful knowledge for someone else !
Celavia, SKYEG, monkai and 10 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.