Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Volontary" downgrade? Do I have any recourse to get put back into business?

Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Poster

I was supposed to go to Kuwait, booked through AC but operated by Lufthansa. Lufthansa has removed a bunch of flights from their schedule recently, including the KWI-FRA flight that my itinerary was reliant on. I think it's now every other day, and the suggested replacement itinerary had me arriving home like 36 hours later than originally planned.

So I called and and had them rebook me using a different routing. KWI-DOH-YYZ-YEG, and arriving home at a similar time as my original flight, and also with a decent buffer in Toronto and it's early enough in the day that there are lots of options to be rebooked same day if I miss the connection at YYZ. On AC for the main legs, but Qatar for the first regional flight from Kuwait to Doha.

But the person I spoke to at AC said there was no business class available from Kuwait to Doha, so I was like, "fine whatever, put me in economy for that leg". Because it seemed like the only way to end up with a reasonable itinerary. HOWEVER, looking it up now, that flight is definitely still has business available for sale, but I think maybe because Qatar airways calls their regional business class first class, AC cant put me in it?

Like, I mean it's not the end of the world, but I paid for a business class so I'd kinda like to be seated in it. Do I have any recourse? partial refund? Or because I already "accepted" it (because all other potential itineraries sucked) am I now stuck with it like it was entirely my choice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.