Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Lap infant on award ticket (online vs call centre)

Question: Lap infant on award ticket (online vs call centre)

Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Lap infant on award ticket (online vs call centre)

Successfully booked a flight on BR using AP miles next summer however need to add a lap infant. Read online there is functionality on the web when booking an award ticket to add a lap infant however the flight i wanted showed no availability when adding a lap infant and only available when i select 1 adult. I booked it nonetheless, if i called in and paid the lap infant fee i assume AC can add on a partner award? Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
Successfully booked a flight on BR using AP miles next summer however need to add a lap infant. Read online there is functionality on the web when booking an award ticket to add a lap infant however the flight i wanted showed no availability when adding a lap infant and only available when i select 1 adult. I booked it nonetheless, if i called in and paid the lap infant fee i assume AC can add on a partner award? Thanks.
yes
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Yes - there's a buggy element to the lap infants on rewards. I've often booked the core ticket and then called to add the infant later.
raphoug likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
In my experience you need to call in whenever you are adding an infant to a partner award. When you call make sure you're prepared to wait a while as for some reason in most cases the regular phone agents aren't able to complete this and need to get ticketing involved.
krayZpaving likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.