Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Ghost Flights bookable with Aeroplan?

Question: Ghost Flights bookable with Aeroplan?

Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:59 am
formerly rt23456p
Original Poster

Ghost Flights bookable with Aeroplan?

Looking at booking awards back to Mainland China from SIN next June after I finish with IB. Aeroplan showed award space for ZH9006, both in J and Y, a flight aren't even online with ZH, therefore, how does Aeroplan know this flight will operate and what happens if this flight never pulls up on ZH inventory, will AC be responsible to re-book me on another flight back to mainland China?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Looking at booking awards back to Mainland China from SIN next June after I finish with IB. Aeroplan showed award space for ZH9006, both in J and Y, a flight aren't even online with ZH, therefore, how does Aeroplan know this flight will operate and what happens if this flight never pulls up on ZH inventory, will AC be responsible to re-book me on another flight back to mainland China?
Looks like a strange blip on AC site. That flight isnt going to happen. Aeroplan bookings dont normally book codeshares with other operating carriers, usually only book with operating carrier flight number which in this case doesnt exist. No idea why they are seeing the ZH codeshare flight for one that isnt operating. You could book and try to get them to honour if it actually tickets (which seems unlikely), but I dont actually see any flights that work without two extreme connections.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:57 am
formerly rt23456p
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Looks like a strange blip on AC site. That flight isnt going to happen. Aeroplan bookings dont normally book codeshares with other operating carriers, usually only book with operating carrier flight number which in this case doesnt exist. No idea why they are seeing the ZH codeshare flight for one that isnt operating. You could book and try to get them to honour if it actually tickets (which seems unlikely), but I dont actually see any flights that work without two extreme connections.
This flight existed before the pandemic, and was operated by zh, at the same time, SQ are selling twice daily to PVG from SIN, with Y selling for 2K+, maybe all these carriers are gambling that the flight restrictions by CAAC will be lifted by then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.