YYZ -SYD Feb 2023

Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
I used to do the MEL route pre-Covid for under 8 but also paid as high as 10
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I am going to SYD this week. Paid $6200 for PE. Couldnt stomach the $11k in J. I have done YYZ-MNL-SYD for $5k in J on Philippines Airlines in the past. The planes are good, with flat seats but the airport is a mess and flights are often delayed.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: Free Agent
OP- did you check with the cruise line re a quote for air travel? An option for comparison; with some protection in the event that air travel/airports remain chaotic in to the new year.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K
Thanks everyone - for the info!

The cruise line is coming in at $11.5k - that has a 6 hr layover in YVR on way back.
I ended up getting in at $10k via AC thru google flights, which requires an extra stop on way back at BNE. So outbound YYZ>YVR>SYD.... return SYD>BNE (on Virgin Aust, looking forward to trying this product for the short flight) >YVR>YYZ.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the return SYD-BNE-YVR-YYZ you will have to change terminals at BNE. Domestic to international by bus or train. Your bags will be through checked (if all in 1 ticket)
--->https://www.bne.com.au/
---->https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/pas...etween-flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.