Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Imagine the 400 people who had to fly in Y...

It's all staffing issues. Basically every problem right now has "staffing" as the root cause.

Showers will open when they have the staff to maintain them.
What is there to maintain? It's a shower stall! You go in you take a shower and you're done! At most I'm expecting a clean towel and that's it.

The shower stalls clean themselves - it's the QF way!

-RooFlyer88
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
What is there to maintain? It's a shower stall! You go in you take a shower and you're done! At most I'm expecting a clean towel and that's it.

The shower stalls clean themselves - it's the QF way!

-RooFlyer88
Couple of things...

- Replace/Refrill soap?
- Wipe down the room? (hygiene/safety)
- General inspection for good order?
- Make sure room has vented out?
- General user management?

There are other things, but let's just start with those.
msat likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Couple of things...

- Replace/Refrill soap?
- Wipe down the room? (hygiene/safety)
- General inspection for good order?
- Make sure room has vented out?
- General user management?

There are other things, but let's just start with those.
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy here as it has been a number of years since I've flown to Canada with a fully operational lounge (i.e. pre-COVID) but I do recall the shower in the lounge when I last visited having a cracked champagne flute on the ground, empty soap dispensers and a busted toilet seat. I fail to see how not having "staffed" showers will make much of a difference, but then again maybe the lounge shower situation improved when I last visited in 2018.

-RooFlyer88
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy here as it has been a number of years since I've flown to Canada with a fully operational lounge (i.e. pre-COVID) but I do recall the shower in the lounge when I last visited having a cracked champagne flute on the ground, empty soap dispensers and a busted toilet seat. I fail to see how not having "staffed" showers will make much of a difference, but then again maybe the lounge shower situation improved when I last visited in 2018.

-RooFlyer88
The only time I've seen broken glass in a shower was when I broke it.

The only time I've seen what that wasn't immaculately cleaned was a one-off mistake.

And I've taken many MLL showers.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I do recall the shower in the lounge when I last visited having a cracked champagne flute on the ground...
-RooFlyer88
Considering that MLLs rarely have any sort of sparkling wine or the associated flutes, maybe you're thinking of another airline? I've visited many MLLs many times and I've see the stemless AC flutes once.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Considering that MLLs rarely have any sort of sparkling wine or the associated flutes, maybe you're thinking of another airline? I've visited many MLLs many times and I've see the stemless AC flutes once.
YUL Intl MLL, at least, has prosecco served in flutes...have never seen one in bits on the shower floor though.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:51 am

With the investments by AC, there are a lot of well improved MLLs.

I agree with so many of the comments - YYC, YUL (Intl), etc.

LGA has to be my favourite, just for the ambiance.

FRA and LHR get honourable mention. FRA has the edge with a better food selection, and plenty of Franziskaner 🥳
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
They definitely have flutes for special occasions.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29594491-post264.html
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
YYZ Dom has been at capacity for the last 20 minutes. Cafe had lots of space an hour ago.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Child 2 is experiencing both the YYZ Dom MLL and the Cafe today, before she gets on her Dad-funded flight in J back home to YVR.

I think that I'm doing this whole parenting thing wrong. Oh well, too late now.
If the goal was to provide a somewhat more glamorous picture of airline travel, the YYZ Dom MLL may have the opposite of the intended effect.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by eigenvector
If the goal was to provide a somewhat more glamorous picture of airline travel, the YYZ Dom MLL may have the opposite of the intended effect.
Depends on the expectation. I was pretty impressed with MLL the first time I entered airline lounge ever. That was 2011 or 2012 I believe.

YYZ DOM MLL is still better than siting outside, unless it’s for plane spotting.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by songsc
Depends on the expectation. I was pretty impressed with MLL the first time I entered airline lounge ever. That was 2011 or 2012 I believe.

YYZ DOM MLL is still better than siting outside, unless it’s for plane spotting.
Been there lately?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Been there lately?
Last time was in 2021…

It was during less busy hours so no crazy line up to enter, I had zero expectation about food, but there were some drinks at least. Chairs were more comfortable than the bench outside, and less crowded.

My expectation of YYZ DOM MLL is really low, and that really helped I think…
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Order to table was gone at YVR Dom yesterday. Food and beverage all self-serve, just like the Before Times.

Wasn't too busy just before 3PM.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Order to table was gone at YVR Dom yesterday. Food and beverage all self-serve, just like the Before Times.

Wasn't too busy just before 3PM.
Oh, yeah, it was gone in TB too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.