Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please see this thread for questions on access to the Signature Suites. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for Signature Suites. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

AC Signature Suite website

Retired threads with Signature Suite information:
If you have questions about the chauffeur service, there is a specific thread for that.

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Any expectations on when the menu will change and how often they plan to rotate menus?
Last time I was visiting, the last week of June, I was told that an internal sampling of new menu items had just taken place and they were planning on changing the menu around the end of July (I know, it's now....but hopefully soon).
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Is a 2hr15min connection generally enough time to be able to have a meal at the Signature Suite? Assuming no flight delays of course.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Is a 2hr15min connection generally enough time to be able to have a meal at the Signature Suite? Assuming no flight delays of course.
Yes.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My family and I are passing through YYZ en route to CDG on Thursday on SS eligible tickets - does anyone know if they have a kids menu, or offer some kids options? My 10 year old isn't likely to be enthused about the menu options in the photo above.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
They do have kosher and children's meals avaialble on request.
If I recall correctly, for kids they have (at least) a chicken fingers and fries option, as well as a grilled cheese sandwich. The grilled cheese was delicious
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
On my visit, the buffet also had options that I would characterize as kid friendly, including delicious pulled pork sliders.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:17 am

! Delicious.

Last edited by YEGCM; Aug 14, 2022 at 10:23 am
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OK, awesome, thank you all. He'll do just fine with grilled cheese and chicken fingers and assorted foraging from the buffet, while the parents enjoy the Moet.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Do they have some sort of crazy CRM system available to SigSuite staff, or does my server today just have incredible memory?

Just pulled into the Suite for the second time, after visiting here in April. Had to get lunch in the “buffet” area, as the dining room proper is apparently a luggage-free zone, and they aren’t doing the luggage-holding thing, at least right now.

I thought I recognized the waitress who served me last time, and it was confirmed when she went on to say she thought she’d seen me before… that I’d sat over there (gesturing towards the wall of seats furthest from the bar in the buffet area) and I’d had the burger if she recalled correctly.

Well, she was right on all counts. All the more remarkable, because I’d really only stopped by briefly for the burger. I'd had my "main" dinner in the dining room upon arrival in the lounge, and then had a burger and a beer shortly before my late-night flight.

I don't recall having done anything remarkable or even having any particularly eloquent conversation with her during my previous stay here four months ago, so I'm quite surprised that she would remember me, given the number of people she's likely offered food and drink in here between then and now.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Do they have some sort of crazy CRM system available to SigSuite staff, or does my server today just have incredible memory?

Just pulled into the Suite for the second time, after visiting here in April. Had to get lunch in the “buffet” area, as the dining room proper is apparently a luggage-free zone, and they aren’t doing the luggage-holding thing, at least right now.

I thought I recognized the waitress who served me last time, and it was confirmed when she went on to say she thought she’d seen me before… that I’d sat over there (gesturing towards the wall of seats furthest from the bar in the buffet area) and I’d had the burger if she recalled correctly.

Well, she was right on all counts. All the more remarkable, because I’d really only stopped by briefly for the burger. I'd had my "main" dinner in the dining room upon arrival in the lounge, and then had a burger and a beer shortly before my late-night flight.

I don't recall having done anything remarkable or even having any particularly eloquent conversation with her during my previous stay here four months ago, so I'm quite surprised that she would remember me, given the number of people she's likely offered food and drink in here between then and now.
I don’t know what they have, but experiences like this are quite common in higher end hotels. My guess is there is some sort of software available for information like this.

All they need to do is link table to your boarding pass, and they can connect your orders to your name or Aeroplan number.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I haven't been to the SS in a while (last time was 2019 I think), but when I was going once or twice a month, I definitely noticed the same thing.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
In order to make current information easier to find, recent posts (since their post-COVID re-openings) on both the YYZ and YVR Signature Suites have been combined in this thread. Please note no access questions should be posted in this thread, and will be deleted if they are. Please see the access rules thread in the wiki for information.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by diddy
They do have kosher and children's meals avaialble on request.
If I recall correctly, for kids they have (at least) a chicken fingers and fries option, as well as a grilled cheese sandwich. The grilled cheese was delicious
At the end of June this year, the YVR signature lounge was not offering the kids menu. However, I agree that the buffet had a few options kids would like, not to mention the deserts...
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by songsc
I don’t know what they have, but experiences like this are quite common in higher end hotels. My guess is there is some sort of software available for information like this.

All they need to do is link table to your boarding pass, and they can connect your orders to your name or Aeroplan number.
I would be surprised if they did. When I entered the YVR SS, the agent at the counter looked at my BP and walked me over to the agent at the SS counter who scanned my BP and handed it back to me. I then went upstairs by myself where I was greeted, but otherwise, I made it over to the dining area on my own accord, where I was greeted and told that I may sit wherever I pleased. Unless they were following my every move with cameras or something, there's no way that the SS staff (apart from the entry agent) would know who I am.

Maybe the waitress has a photographic memory?

Also, aren't the SS staff employed by a contract company and not directly by AC?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by diburning
Also, aren't the SS staff employed by a contract company and not directly by AC?
Palantir? :-)

Last edited by visitor; Aug 17, 2022 at 11:40 am Reason: make the joke a bit more obvious :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.