Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please see this thread for questions on access to the Signature Suites. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for Signature Suites. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (MLLs): essentially, regular lounges
  • Caf: caf-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

AC Signature Suite website

Retired threads with Signature Suite information:
If you have questions about the chauffeur service, there is a specific thread for that.

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:28 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Wigg
The difference in experiences is very interesting. The few times I have been at YYZ they are very proactive in taking your carry-on, alomst insistent.
Yeah, I found it odd too the first time I went to the YVR SS. It was only after asking upstairs that they told me what to do. A bit of a service miss IMHO.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just got the e-mail offering meal preorder for a trip early May. Mine paid business, my wife, flexible reward for that leg.

My preordering page mentions SS access. Hers however does not.

These are tickets bought a while ago and which suffered a number of schedule changes/rebooking. With some of her itineraries showing legs as "Economy Basic" but then the elgs in either P o I. Both aircanada.com and the cowtool show the leg in question as PAAEROEF (not PAAEROEL) and as priority reward.

Yet it seems their system does not recognize this properly.

Anyway, at this point, I wonder, should I call, or should I wait until we get boarding passes and then solve the issue if any?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Stranger
We just got the e-mail offering meal preorder for a trip early May. Mine paid business, my wife, flexible reward for that leg.

My preordering page mentions SS access. Hers however does not.

These are tickets bought a while ago and which suffered a number of schedule changes/rebooking. With some of her itineraries showing legs as "Economy Basic" but then the elgs in either P o I. Both aircanada.com and the cowtool show the leg in question as PAAEROEF (not PAAEROEL) and as priority reward.

Yet it seems their system does not recognize this properly.

Anyway, at this point, I wonder, should I call, or should I wait until we get boarding passes and then solve the issue if any?
I have the inverse situation -- posted in the SS access thread that our meal preorder emails (on Business lowest awards) suggested we have SS access, which shouldn't be the case

When I reopened the emails about 10mins later, the section that had previously mentioned SS access and a link to the menu had changed and no longer mentioned SS access.

AC IT hard at work...
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
I have the inverse situation -- posted in the SS access thread that our meal preorder emails (on Business lowest awards) suggested we have SS access, which shouldn't be the case

When I reopened the emails about 10mins later, the section that had previously mentioned SS access and a link to the menu had changed and no longer mentioned SS access.

AC IT hard at work...
Our e-mails don't mention anything.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:14 am

YVR SS a couple days ago.

Old May 2, 2024, 6:08 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
YYZ SS Tuesday 30APR24

6.45PM-7.15PM - the lounge was full, literally at capacity. Agent said I could either sit at the bar or stand and wait. Luckily there was a la carte at the bar.

Menu - same as it was back in OCT23, 7 months ago. I asked if they could do a burger for me, got flat out denied. So I ordered the falafel, which means I have now ordered and tried everything off this menu.

Rainbow Trout Tartare

Butternut Squash Falafel

Buffet was also the same as before, I didn't take a pic this time.

This lounge really needs to expand. I don't see how the lounge can handle the volume expected for the AC summer schedule.
m.y likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
On 808 in two weeks departing at 8:45 pm. Plan right now is to be in the lounge at 6:30 pm for dinner. Does this timing make sense to the experts?
Old May 4, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by CarNut
On 808 in two weeks departing at 8:45 pm. Plan right now is to be in the lounge at 6:30 pm for dinner. Does this timing make sense to the experts?
you will likely board around eight, I would show up no later than six to more fully enjoy the SS, and then just sleep on the plane rather than eating again.
Old May 4, 2024, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Originally Posted by warpdryv
you will likely board around eight, I would show up no later than six to more fully enjoy the SS, and then just sleep on the plane rather than eating again.
Thanks. I imagine the lounge will be super busy at 6 pm so hopefully wont be difficult to get a table.
Old May 20, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
My last time at the SS in YVR (last year - October) was wonderful. I had flown ORD-YVR and had almost too much time there (downstairs was boring after leaving the SS).

This time, I'm looking at ORD-YYZ-YVR and the plane from YYZ to YVR is the same aircraft that will take me to SYD. It appears to stop in YVR for about 2 hours (lands at 9PM with departure to SYD around 11PM). Is that enough time to get to the SS and have a drink and a light bite to eat? Or am I better off spending the extra $200 and flying ORD-YVR with 4 hors total in YVR?
Old May 21, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 2MM
Originally Posted by doug_999
My last time at the SS in YVR (last year - October) was wonderful. I had flown ORD-YVR and had almost too much time there (downstairs was boring after leaving the SS).

This time, I'm looking at ORD-YYZ-YVR and the plane from YYZ to YVR is the same aircraft that will take me to SYD. It appears to stop in YVR for about 2 hours (lands at 9PM with departure to SYD around 11PM). Is that enough time to get to the SS and have a drink and a light bite to eat? Or am I better off spending the extra $200 and flying ORD-YVR with 4 hors total in YVR?
I would take yyz out if that equation for $200 and consider the extra time in the SS a bonus.
taupo, billdokes, YOWgary and 2 others like this.
Old May 21, 2024, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by MStrople
I would take yyz out if that equation for $200 and consider the extra time in the SS a bonus.
Kind of leaning that way
If I could get into the SS in YYZ, I would consider the savings....
Thank you!
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by doug_999
Kind of leaning that way
If I could get into the SS in YYZ, I would consider the savings....
Thank you!
Unfortunately you cannot even if it was approved, SS is in the international part of terminal 1 and your flight YYZ to YVR is in the domestic area...
YOWgary likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Eagle2000
Unfortunately you cannot even if it was approved, SS is in the international part of terminal 1 and your flight YYZ to YVR is in the domestic area...
Yep - AC makes that very clear when they say "even though this is sort of an international flight, you must check in at the domestic terminal"

Old May 27, 2024, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They scanned my YYZ-CPH BP. It popped up an error. And rather than asking a question or making a statement, they scanned my BP in another system, which I suspect pulled up the PNR, verifying that I was connecting. And that was it.

Compare that to what I witnessed at YUL TB MLL yesterday where people more than 3 hours before departure were corralled onto one side while the agent called someone to ask what to do, and then asked everyone individually if they were connecting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.