FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Lounge Access - physical locations and rules (2022 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2091007-ac-lounge-access-physical-locations-rules-2022-onwards.html)

Adam Smith Jan 1, 22 1:27 am

AC Lounge Access - physical locations and rules (2022 onwards)

Since there has lately been a proliferation of questions on lounge access, I'm going to start a new thread to try to make it clearer where the lounges are and which lounges people will have access to.

Please read the wiki before posting a question. It's quite comprehensive and addresses most situations.

Daniel Zea Mar 17, 22 9:43 am

Hey!

First time posting so I am sorry if I post something incorrect. That being said I have a quick question. My wife and I are in a Flexible Booking in I class. Flying from YYZ to SJO, which satisfies the international/South American portion of the requirement. That being said the wording is a little tricky and wanted some confirmation to see if anyone on a felxible reward I class ticket has made it in before. Part of the terms and conditions mentions:

Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. (We are a flexible ticket).

The part that confuses me is the next part:
All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded.

So even though its a flexible reward, because its booked in I, we are excluded?

Any further information or personal experiences would help! :)

Thank you so much!

Adam Smith Mar 17, 22 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Zea (Post 34083426)
First time posting so I am sorry if I post something incorrect.

Welcome to FT :)

Flying from YYZ to SJO, which satisfies the international/South American portion of the requirement.
Unfortunately, no. I think most geographers would tell you Costa Rica is in North America anyway, but AC definitely doesn't see it as South America (to AC, that would be south of Panama). You'll have access to the international MLL, but not the Signature Suite.

canadiancow Mar 17, 22 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 34083476)
Welcome to FT :)

Unfortunately, no. I think most geographers would tell you Costa Rica is in North America anyway, but AC definitely doesn't see it as South America (to AC, that would be south of Panama). You'll have access to the international MLL, but not the Signature Suite.

It's also not marketed as Signature Class.

dkc192 Apr 1, 22 12:39 am

To confirm, now that long-haul Rouge is a thing of the past, do YYZ-BOG pax get SS access? I know the website says all South American pax get access, but I come from the world of United, who says that BOG and UIO are "inferior" South American destinations that aren't eligible for Polaris Lounge access.

canadiancow Apr 1, 22 1:45 am

Premium rouge to South America was marketed and sold as premium economy.

If you buy a mainline A fare, you're not getting in. If you buy P, you are.

YYC3722 Apr 1, 22 9:50 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 34125879)
To confirm, now that long-haul Rouge is a thing of the past, do YYZ-BOG pax get SS access? I know the website says all South American pax get access, but I come from the world of United, who says that BOG and UIO are "inferior" South American destinations that aren't eligible for Polaris Lounge access.

Yes YYZ-BOG business class with all the usual fair rules has access. I recommend the lounge meal before departure, the current meal on board is very condensed and rushed. Bring a dogy bag, snacks where not available. Nothing is served prior to landing.

User8181416 Apr 6, 22 11:56 am

If I flew YVR -> YYZ -> BOG in Business would I be eligible to go to the YVR lounge and the YYZ lounge on the outbound? What about the YYZ lounge on the way back?

loganre17 Apr 6, 22 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by User8181416 (Post 34142387)
If I flew YVR -> YYZ -> BOG in Business would I be eligible to go to the YVR lounge and the YYZ lounge on the outbound? What about the YYZ lounge on the way back?

No and no. Only YYZ on departure. It's also in the international section in YVR, so you wouldn't even be able to enter.

ChrisA330 Apr 6, 22 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by User8181416 (Post 34142387)

If you're in paid Business or Business Flex reward. YVR Domestic MLL, and YYZ Signature Suite on the outbound, and YYZ Domestic MLL or AC Cafe (if open) on the return.

If on a Business-Lowest reward ticket then replace The Signature Suite with the YYZ International MLL

throtter Apr 7, 22 11:53 am

Can anyone confirm whether or not SS access is based on destination, or departing flight? I'm thinking of booking to PTY via BOG but not sure if that counts as "to South America"

WesternCDN Apr 7, 22 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by throtter (Post 34145449)
Can anyone confirm whether or not SS access is based on destination, or departing flight? I'm thinking of booking to PTY via BOG but not sure if that counts as "to South America"

It is based on the destination of the departing flight, so you would have SS access due to your flight to BOG (South America).

Onwardandupwards Apr 19, 22 1:54 pm

I am flying DUB->YYZ->PIT and then PIT->YYZ->DUB in July in Business Class D from Dublin and Business Class P back to Dublin (the YYZ->PIT and PIT->YYZ are on all economy flights).

Will I have access to the Signature Suites lounge on both ends; coming in from Dublin and then flying from Toronto back to Dublin?

The rules seem to indicate I may only have access flying out of Toronto back to Dublin - is that correct?

vernonc Apr 19, 22 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Onwardandupwards (Post 34178358)
I am flying DUB->YYZ->PIT and then PIT->YYZ->DUB in July in Business Class D from Dublin and Business Class P back to Dublin (the YYZ->PIT and PIT->YYZ are on all economy flights).

Will I have access to the Signature Suites lounge on both ends; coming in from Dublin and then flying from Toronto back to Dublin?

The rules seem to indicate I may only have access flying out of Toronto back to Dublin - is that correct?

Only on the return to Dublin. Departure and arrivals are seperate sterile areas

HometoYYZ Apr 19, 22 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Onwardandupwards (Post 34178358)

You will only have access before the YYZ-DUB flight, as when you arrive back in YYZ from DUB you'll be separated from the international zone as you connect to the transborder zone.