FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Lounge Access - physical locations and rules (2022 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2091007-ac-lounge-access-physical-locations-rules-2022-onwards.html)

TorTraveler Jun 16, 2022 5:33 am

Hi - This is a first post on this forum because I want to ground my expectations and not get excited for the SS if I'm going to be turned away at the door. I purchased a PE ticket to Europe out of YYZ and then, almost immediately, had second thoughts and paid cash to rebook as business class. The ticket shows up as P in my bookings. My concern is that the ticket wasn't "originally" booked as business class - do you think I'll be able to get in?

Thanks!

ChrisA330 Jun 16, 2022 5:46 am

Originally Posted by TorTraveler (Post 34340934)
Hi - This is a first post on this forum because I want to ground my expectations and not get excited for the SS if I'm going to be turned away at the door. I purchased a PE ticket to Europe out of YYZ and then, almost immediately, had second thoughts and paid cash to rebook as business class. The ticket shows up as P in my bookings. My concern is that the ticket wasn't "originally" booked as business class - do you think I'll be able to get in?

Thanks!

Yes, you’ll be eligible to enter.

TorTraveler Jun 16, 2022 5:48 am

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Daniel Zea Jun 16, 2022 6:36 am

Questions in regards to in and out privilege's. I am flying out of YYZ to FCO, I have access to the SS lounge based my my fare type. That being said, I arrive at YYZ 7 hours early from YXU. I have my grandmother joining my on this journey, however she will be checking in from YYZ. If I leave the lounge to go grab her after already being in there, am I able to get back in? Or is it a one time use type of deal? If we leave the lounge, to find our flight has been delayed (Which has been the case with this flight) are we able to head back up to the lounge?

TIA!

loganre17 Jun 16, 2022 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Zea (Post 34341061)
Questions in regards to in and out privilege's. I am flying out of YYZ to FCO, I have access to the SS lounge based my my fare type. That being said, I arrive at YYZ 7 hours early from YXU. I have my grandmother joining my on this journey, however she will be checking in from YYZ. If I leave the lounge to go grab her after already being in there, am I able to get back in? Or is it a one time use type of deal? If we leave the lounge, to find our flight has been delayed (Which has been the case with this flight) are we able to head back up to the lounge?

TIA!

No issues.

vernonc Jun 16, 2022 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Zea (Post 34341061)

TIA!

You can reenter.

keitherson Jun 17, 2022 2:58 am

Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access.

Sorry for the dumb question: if you have a Flexible Reward but are NOT flying Air Canada for the long-haul, do you have access?

Why do they mention a First Class Flexible Reward, if Air Canada does not have First Class?

YOWgary Jun 17, 2022 3:11 am

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 34343725)
Sorry for the dumb question: if you have a Flexible Reward but are NOT flying Air Canada for the long-haul, do you have access?

"Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight..."

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 34343725)
Why do they mention a First Class Flexible Reward, if Air Canada does not have First Class?

Because you can book things like YYZ-FRA-JNB, with the first leg in AC J and the second leg in LH F.

The Lev Jun 19, 2022 9:02 am

I flew overnight from YYZ - FRA and had some time on my hands before catching a train so I thought I'd go to the MLL there. The lounge person told me that I could not access the lounge as it was not an arrivals lounge and I didn't have an onward connection. I've never been denied access to other MLL's when using after my flight. Is this a special rule for FRA, is it because the flight is overnight so it is no longer "same day" or was the lounge person making up rules on the fly?

canadiancow Jun 19, 2022 11:54 am

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 34349479)
I flew overnight from YYZ - FRA and had some time on my hands before catching a train so I thought I'd go to the MLL there. The lounge person told me that I could not access the lounge as it was not an arrivals lounge and I didn't have an onward connection. I've never been denied access to other MLL's when using after my flight. Is this a special rule for FRA, is it because the flight is overnight so it is no longer "same day" or was the lounge person making up rules on the fly?

Emphasis mine.

In addition, you may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight.

ghurty Jun 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Lounge Access flying out of YYZ

Hi,

I am flying out of YYZ with my wife and three children. I have United Club Membership, Priority Pass membership, and Amex Platinum Business Card, and my wife has a Priority Pass membership as well. We also have an Amex Personal Platinum and Amex Business Gold card, but dont have them with us.
Using a combination of these cards, would I be able to get my entire family into the lounge?

Thank you

WineCountryUA Jun 26, 2022 9:15 pm

No UC membership family access at *A partner lounges, you will have just one guest allowed
You will only be able to use one access method, not using multiple methods. So not additional quests.

If the AC ML allows Priority Pass, that also is limited to one quest

You have to ask if the ML offers a paid access pass for the third child.

But as this a ML access question, will move to AC Forum
WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

allbrosca Jun 27, 2022 7:18 am

Originally Posted by ghurty (Post 34372489)
Hi,

I am flying out of YYZ with my wife and three children. I have United Club Membership, Priority Pass membership, and Amex Platinum Business Card, and my wife has a Priority Pass membership as well. We also have an Amex Personal Platinum and Amex Business Gold card, but dont have them with us.
Using a combination of these cards, would I be able to get my entire family into the lounge?

Thank you

I think you can get access to the Plaza Premium Lounges at YYZ for 2 of you and 2 guests with your 2 AMEX Platinum cards, but I think you will need to have them with you. Also, if one of your children is under 2, they are free.

talkeryxu Jul 2, 2022 9:17 am

On a domestic-international connection, will the Café let me in before I head to the E gates? Figure with the lines for the international MLL as of late I could at least grab a latte to go to nurse during the wait!

RatherBeInYOW Jul 2, 2022 10:01 am

Originally Posted by talkeryxu (Post 34390021)
On a domestic-international connection, will the Café let me in before I had to the E gates? Figure with the lines for the international MLL as of late I could at least grab a latte to go to nurse during the wait!

Yes, they will.