Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Travel Summit - Prince of Travel - Mark Nasr - Scott O’Leary - October 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Travel Summit - Prince of Travel - Mark Nasr - Scott O’Leary - October 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If anyone who isn't attending has any interesting (I'm the judge of that ) questions for Mark/Scott, feel free to post them here and I'll add them to my list.
Question Request:
Given the trend towards rewarding spend, will AC consider an additional level above SE (similar to Concierge Key or Global Services)?
YULRvR and TheCanuckian like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:21 am

If you mean "more than one other passenger", it's already on my list
Yes correct
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: SE 100K
1) Are they still working on IT tools to allow multi-city reward bookings through the website, or have they given up on this?

2) What are they doing to address the often horrendous IT experience where simple things can not be completed on the website and require a phone call?
(broad question but I think you know what I'm getting at)
Benner, cyralax and Cas23 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:25 am

Is there any promo code that I can use ? Thanks very much.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
HOw about something simple? like changing an aeroplan award on the website so you don't need to hang on the phone forever...
folkart and Orcair like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Questions:
1. Given the status extension promo for 30k in spend, are they doing anything for members that actually qualified on their own merits? Partial rollover of SQM/SQD, bonus MM miles etc
2. Any focus on improving the Aeroplan web site? (e.g. filters on the activity page etc)
3. What happened to PY flight passes?
4. Expand nominees (E75K = 1 nominee, SE = 2 nominees)
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:02 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by entropy
HOw about something simple? like changing an aeroplan award on the website so you don't need to hang on the phone forever...
Without getting into the myriad of minor pain points, I think that this is an area of general interest - more self-serve options on the web site / app.

Better for pax and better for the overworked call centre / Concierge teams.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Without getting into the myriad of minor pain points, I think that this is an area of general interest - more self-serve options on the web site / app.

Better for pax and better for the overworked call centre / Concierge teams.
Yeah, they've made it very clear they're working on that, and I'd be shocked if they don't discuss it before the question period.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
Questions:
1. Given the status extension promo for 30k in spend, are they doing anything for members that actually qualified on their own merits? Partial rollover of SQM/SQD, bonus MM miles etc
Can I underscore and then highlight this question? Perhaps put a gold star against it too?

I remain super frustrated that I could have spent lots of money this year (and therefore qualifying for 2023), buying tickets for flights that I planned to take next year (and therefore qualifying for 2024). The mid-year announce of the 30K promo, combined with no acknowledgement of my current year qualifying activities, and no SQD rollover, feels like it's punishing me.

At the very least, an SQD rollover (for SQD amounts that exceed this year's qualification requirements) would be very much appreciated.
unclepants, folkart, s_yvr and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
Can I underscore and then highlight this question? Perhaps put a gold star against it too?

I remain super frustrated that I could have spent lots of money this year (and therefore qualifying for 2023), buying tickets for flights that I planned to take next year (and therefore qualifying for 2024). The mid-year announce of the 30K promo, combined with no acknowledgement of my current year qualifying activities, and no SQD rollover, feels like it's punishing me.

At the very least, an SQD rollover (for SQD amounts that exceed this year's qualification requirements) would be very much appreciated.
No thank you. I'm already annoyed I have to wait until early 2024 for things to "return to normal". Please don't make it 2025.

But I have added this question to my list.

Find some other way to reward real qualifiers.

Extra priority rewards. Bonus points. Some LQM based on your SQM (like 10% or something). Just nothing that's going to add more to Are AC's numerous promos since 2020 creating too many elites? please.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
No thank you. I'm already annoyed I have to wait until early 2024 for things to "return to normal". Please don't make it 2025.

But I have added this question to my list.

Find some other way to reward real qualifiers.

Extra priority rewards. Bonus points. Some LQM based on your SQM (like 10% or something). Just nothing that's going to add more to Are AC's numerous promos since 2020 creating too many elites? please.
Or, hire more concierges, take better care of high-spending 200K+ SEs, and *also* don't screw over the people who followed this year's rules in good faith until they changed after the fact.

Both problems can be solved at once, and pretty much all the people who caught the bad end of this one were already 75K.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:06 pm

If this has not yet been answered recently I am curious to know if plans for revenue based earnings are still in the works and the expected timeline?

As someone who just recently switched from long time United MP status to AC (without knowing this was in the works!) I would also like to know if we should expect the original chart from 2021 or something more in line with UA (5-11x based on status)?
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by mileender
If this has not yet been answered recently I am curious to know if plans for revenue based earnings are still in the works and the expected timeline?

As someone who just recently switched from long time United MP status to AC (without knowing this was in the works!) I would also like to know if we should expect the original chart from 2021 or something more in line with UA (5-11x based on status)?
I'll add that to my list.

Just be mindful that the UA earnings are per USD, so I wouldn't expect the multiplier to be as high on AC, since it's per CAD.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:08 pm

LQM based on SQM is a great idea.
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:22 pm

Any plans for some basic reciprocation of benefits with the partnership with UA expanding? Not upgrades, but aligning baggage allowance, Zone 1 boarding for SE/1K, access to preferred seats/Economy+ etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.