Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC On-Time Performance (OTP) Discussion/Complaints - Systemic Issues (2022 onwards)

AC On-Time Performance (OTP) Discussion/Complaints - Systemic Issues (2022 onwards)

Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada 3MM, Best Western, Marriott
I really don’t care about the weather delayed flights.. My problem is when flights are constantly delayed when the weather is good across the country. AC could solve some of these delays by controlling carry on luggage. I was on AC 210 yesterday. We were ready to go 15 min before departure time, yet the flight departed 20 min late because of all the oversized carry on luggage. Some guy boarded in the last zone with a oversized roller bag, two backpacks the size of smart cars and a large shopping bag.
Symmetre and YOWgary like this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:12 pm

Do the AC numbers include Express/Jazz? If not, does anyone know what their OTP is like?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:37 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Do the AC numbers include Express/Jazz? If not, does anyone know what their OTP is like?
It does, and unfortunately blended into the AC numbers.

Per OAG: "All scheduled flights operated by affiliate carriers on behalf of another carrier are included in the analysis."
Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:14 pm

AC808 tonight.
Scheduled departure 20:55

Previous segment arrives YYZ at 5a.m.

Airplane gets towed to the gate about 20:20.............
then grooming starts.

Just like that, a last minute 1 hour delay.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
AC808 tonight.

then grooming starts.

From AC's perspective this is still on-time...even early. Since they towed it at 20:20 and not 20:55. lol
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: TK *G
AC808 tonight.

then grooming starts.

Just curious, any chance that the aircraft had to get some maintenance done in the hanger, or maybe there was no gate available?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
Just curious, any chance that the aircraft had to get some maintenance done in the hanger, or maybe there was no gate available?
Absolutely that chance existed.
If that knowledge was available, then the delay should have been posted prior to the plane's arrival at the gate.
StuMcIlwain and songsc like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
From AC's perspective this is still on-time...even early. Since they towed it at 20:20 and not 20:55. lol
Yes this is simply AC's ineptness. I had the exact same thing in YYZ. Just not going through there anymore altogether.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC 75k
What are you talking about?
PAL line was a side joke.
We have a child at school on the island and routinely fly YXS YYJ and back. Pacific Coastal (included in the chart with better performance than AC) with all its routes in the BC interior are certainly vulnerable to weather issues. As a family we fly more on Pac Coastal than AC and as a personal data point OTP isn't even close with Pac Coastal much more reliable on that route. I am the only one who flies AC preferentially to maintain SQD. In 3 years, we have had major delays or been cancelled by AC more times that we have been late on the other airline and it isn't even close.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
as a personal data point OTP isn't even close with Pac Coastal much more reliable on that route. I am the only one who flies AC preferentially to maintain SQD. In 3 years, we have had major delays or been cancelled by AC more times that we have been late on the other airline and it isn't even close.
Does help that Coastal (who I’ve flown many times since the Short 360 days) have few connecting routes to manage, and largely fly the same few aircraft on the same few routes.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
It will probably be brutal. I had to fly PD last minute quite a few times last month due to wholesale cancellations by Jazz.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Does help that Coastal (who I’ve flown many times since the Short 360 days) have few connecting routes to manage, and largely fly the same few aircraft on the same few routes.
Yes but Pac Coastal have 17 routes in BC that they rotate, much as AC does, although I can't quote the exact number. AC doesn't fly more routes, just more times a day. Plus AC fly the same DH 400 on all routes. Not sure I see enough of a difference there.
Regardless of the debate however, as a passenger, booking a flight which is much more convenient and more likely to arrive on time; I don't care about the rest.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
64% in April. Still pathetic but trending upwards as the weather gets better.

Westjet at 73+%
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:17 pm

AC: We're still Top 20 so we're doing great team!
Old May 8, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Let’s see if this helps last year’s chaos…

“The Greater Toronto Airports Authority says it's well-prepared for the summer travel season at Toronto Pearson International Airport thanks to bolstered staffing and technological improvements following widespread delays and cancellations that travellers experienced last year.”

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/pearson-airport-turns-to-bolstered-staffing-tech-improvements-to-reduce-travel-chaos-1.1917347

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.