Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I Can't Check In Online / Online Check-In (OLCI) Issues (2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Can't Check In Online / Online Check-In (OLCI) Issues (2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:39 am

Flying fro YYZ - YVR - HKG - BKK tonight.

Is it common to have checkin issue in the app, or through the web? I called AC twice, they weren’t able to help me checkin through the phone either, claimed everything looked good, and directed me to airport checkin.

Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you can't even get past that screen, airport is probably your best option.
IronJuice likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:00 pm

Thanks. The agent at the counter was able to do check-in for me, but she did remark that the ticket got some trouble after one segment eupgraded.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by IronJuice

Is it common to have checkin issue in the app, or through the web? I called AC twice, they weren’t able to help me checkin through the phone either, claimed everything looked good, and directed me to airport checkin.

I am getting the same error message. Our itinerary is FLL-YYZ-YVR tomorrow. Both legs are 3 class planes and I wanted to see what the upgrade offers were from PE to J. I’ve tried through the website and the app, turned off my VPN and still nothing. I guess I’m out of luck.
Never mind-tried again with VPN off and it works. I guess AC (like flyertalk) doesn’t like vpns.

Last edited by mplflyer; Nov 23, 2022 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Moderator note: this thread was thrown together last night after realizing we have a bunch of recent threads on OLCI issues but nothing very comprehensive, and some at times recurring issues. We'll see whether this helps make it easier for people to find information on OLCI issues going forward.
Thanks for this, helpful! I had posted this on the website issues thread but didn't find an answer there:

Originally Posted by governorgeneral
Trying to check in and getting error message "ssci-message.message.1011.title ssci-message.message.1011.description" on a 3-segment flight (YOW-YUL, YUL-LHR, LHR-OSL), 24 h before first segment. Called AC and was told that the problem was the international segment, and that I needed to try 24 h before the international segment. (That has never been an issue before, but ok.) Tried that, and still no luck. Any ideas?
Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
I have OLCI problem every time I have a confirmed e-upgrade segment and a waitlisted segment. The problem is solved by seeing a competent check-in agent.
This might be the problem I was having - I also had waitlisted e-upgrade segments. This explanation seems to match reality better than the agent's explanation about not being able to check in until 24 h before the int'l segment of a multi-leg flight, which had never been a problem for me before. I thought though that check-in time was part of the algorithm for e-up waitlist priority. Does inability to do OLCI mean that one has to check in early in person at the airport in order to leverage this?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IronJuice

Same thing happened to my wife the other day. One leg was upposed to have an upgrade request waitlisted.

Checked in at the gate OK. Upgrade request mentioned as the reason which I don't think I believe.

Then looking at the upgrade list, her name was not there. I tried to ask in the lounge, got served some "I work at the airport BS." Since 11/12 seats were already filled and her status is a mere 50k, I decided it was not worth pursuing, for a YYZ-YOW flight.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:12 am

I had no issues checking in yesterday, flights were HK-HN-HK in terms of upgrades and waitlist.

Although the app for some reason didn't present a check in option at T-24 for segment 1 and I had to go the PNR/name route. I got the email to go check in at T-24 for segment 2.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You were HN for a segment that was basically eligible for check-in? That doesn't sound right.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You were HN for a segment that was basically eligible for check-in? That doesn't sound right.
Sorry I didn't check the code that close to the flight. I meant that I was waitlisted (and ultimately failed because it was J0).
Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:59 pm

Secure Flight errors in OLCI

When one makes a typo in the Secure Flight info (passport data/expiry date/etc), when you validate documents at the airport, does the swipe override what the user puts in during OLCI? Does that automatically update what is transmitted to immigration?

I made a mistake typing in when checking in and had to go back and fix and wondered about errors on past bookings - but wasn't sure if typos in things like expiry date are fixed when docs are swiped at the airport anyway.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I believe scanning at the airport overrides what you put in.

I always get a message at the AC check-in kiosk that my passport nationality doesn’t match what I selected in OCLI and asks if I want to correct it. There’s no option in the AC OLCI process that matches my passport. I’ve never had an issue with the at airport kiosk change.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:20 am

Checked in thru the app got boarding passes at 23h before flight. Then t-4 hrs got an email saying please check in. App still shows both boarding passes and when i follow the link on the email says I am checked in.

Glitch?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I had exactly the same thing recently. No issues at airport.

FYI, although registered for notifications, didn’t get any and then after arrival saw one (just one) that told me flight was boarding. However, when that was sent we were already in the air.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:43 am

Thanks. Walked thru security no problem
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum

Anyone ever get this error? I’ve gotten “something went wrong a few times, but never this. Was at the very end of the process (after seat selection, contact info, etc).

I do have one segment eup confirmed and the second segment waitlisted, which seems to be a theme above, but with a different error. Will my late check in time (as in, at the airport tomorrow evening rather than now, 16 hours out) hurt my eup chances or will my fare and status level still place me on the list appropriately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.