FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan reward chart changes coming September 1, 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2088781-aeroplan-reward-chart-changes-coming-september-1-2022-a.html)

zappy312 Jul 28, 2022 1:31 pm

Aeroplan reward chart changes coming September 1, 2022

Looks like some "enhancements" are coming to the "award chart". https://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2022/0...t-changes.html

Increased pricing on long-haul bands, introduction of some short-haul bands with lower pricing.

Benner Jul 28, 2022 3:14 pm

New Aeroplan Flight Reward Chart Pricing Effective September 1

Just saw an article on the Prince of Travel blog that oulines updated Aeroplan pricing.

Seems like the changes aren't too drastic.

fbrdky Jul 28, 2022 3:29 pm

Ugh. Not a promising sign but I guess it was due since fuel prices have gone up.

What's interesting is that AP now has an option to go between Atlantic and Pacific on AC in PY. So I guess you could do LHR-YYZ-HKG in PY if you want? Who would want to do that?

Bohemian1 Jul 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by fbrdky (Post 34466983)
What's interesting is that AP now has an option to go between Atlantic and Pacific on AC in PY. So I guess you could do LHR-YYZ-HKG in PY if you want? Who would want to do that?

Umm, perhaps someone who doesn't have the points for a J reward but also doesn't want to sit in Y?

canadiancow Jul 28, 2022 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 34467010)
Umm, perhaps someone who doesn't have the points for a J reward but also doesn't want to sit in Y?

Is partner J on a non-stop-ish route going to be as expensive as the top range for PY?

LHR-YYZ-HKG is not quite double LHR-HKG, but it's close.

GUWonder Jul 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Benner (Post 34466953)
Just saw an article on the Prince of Travel blog that oulines updated Aeroplan pricing.

Seems like the changes aren't too drastic.

They don’t have anything close to the DL and AF-KL level crazy pricing, and that’s a positive. But if the AC-UA JV comes to fruition, AC may get to have UA-level award ticket pricing sooner than later.

keithguy Jul 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Ugh. Not a promising sign but I guess it was due since fuel prices have gone up.

Or use the LHR-BOM route that's starting this winter.

ChrisA330 Jul 28, 2022 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by keithguy (Post 34467044)
Or use the LHR-BOM route that's starting this winter.

That's what my thought was too, until I saw that India is in the Atlantic Zone.

keithguy Jul 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 34467048)
That's what my thought was too, until I saw that India is in the Atlantic Zone.

Good point. And it looks like the Atlantic zone isn't getting AC only levels added.

TechnoTourist Jul 28, 2022 11:13 pm

As a 75K with priority rewards that only go up to PY, I'm interested in that option.

The Lev Jul 29, 2022 4:54 pm

If true, that's not a lot of warning. Wonder why they wouldn't just do it effective the new accumulation year - Jan 1.

Amil Sep 7, 2022 11:24 am

probably discussed before but award increase!!!!

I thought I read something about a small potential increase but its now 90k points for MAD-FRA-LAX?? thats absurd! sorry /rantover

Merlin666 Sep 7, 2022 3:27 pm

Ongoing devaluation is sad. Glad I burnt my remaining points earlier this year. Though have to admit that I am in the process of booking a trip.