Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada Food Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Air Canada Food Voucher

I received 20$ of Air Canada Food Vouchers? Where in the Toronto Pearson Airport can I use this? Can I use it at the Starbucks or Tim Hortons? Or does it need to be a sit down restaurant?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by JacklynS
I received 20$ of Air Canada Food Vouchers? Where in the Toronto Pearson Airport can I use this? Can I use it at the Starbucks or Tim Hortons? Or does it need to be a sit down restaurant?
$20 is great as I have only seen $10 & $15 food vouchers. If you read the fine print you can use it with no cash value at any restaurants at YYZ. So if using at Tim's, get more than a double-double and a donut as there will be no change!

Welcome to Flyer Talk
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Note also that you can also use these vouchers on a different date and at a different airport if you prefer. I’m still carrying a couple from last fall that I plan to use on future trips. It’s always handy to have a couple of them in your carry on bag, but keep in mind they have a one-year expiry date.
YYCCL3 and asovse1 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kenlor
Note also that you can also use these vouchers on a different date and at a different airport if you prefer. I’m still carrying a couple from last fall that I plan to use on future trips. It’s always handy to have a couple of them in your carry on bag, but keep in mind they have a one-year expiry date.
Great advice here, I had a couple from a previous disruption at IAH that I used at PDX where there are no lounges for AC or Priority Pass....
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I thought it was any airport in Canada, do Canadian issued vouchers also work in the US? I have a 3 hour layover at EWR tonight and a stack of AC vouchers (CAD denominated).
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I thought it was any airport in Canada, do Canadian issued vouchers also work in the US? I have a 3 hour layover at EWR tonight and a stack of AC vouchers (CAD denominated).
I've used USD denomination vouchers in Canada without issue (though with mixed success of exchange rate), but haven't tried the other way around.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
I've used USD denomination vouchers in Canada without issue (though with mixed success of exchange rate), but haven't tried the other way around.
​​​​​​
Much like Costco returns, using CAD AC vouchers generally work out at the more favorable rate in US airports.

Just be sure to use them at an airport AC serves, and preferably an outlet that frequently handles the after effect of AC irrops.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by expert7700
​​​​​​
Much like Costco returns, using CAD AC vouchers generally work out at the more favorable rate in US airports.

Just be sure to use them at an airport AC serves, and preferably an outlet that frequently handles the after effect of AC irrops.
Mmm I am in IAD tomorrow, so when I fly out from YOW I will ask the concierge if can exchange a couple of CDN vouchers for the US? Skip the lounge and try something new if I can
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Mmm I am in IAD tomorrow, so when I fly out from YOW I will ask the concierge if can exchange a couple of CDN vouchers for the US? Skip the lounge and try something new if I can
I got $20 worth of vouchers in YOW in March and ended up rerouted via IAD. In IAD I paid for part of my dinner with the vouchers. They accepted them as $20USD.

Now I'm not sure if that's the rule or the exception but I simply handed the vouchers over.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch
I got $20 worth of vouchers in YOW in March and ended up rerouted via IAD. In IAD I paid for part of my dinner with the vouchers. They accepted them as $20USD.

Now I'm not sure if that's the rule or the exception but I simply handed the vouchers over.

Well this is good to read. I asked on YOW and here in YYZ and no one knows how and it's the first time anyone has been asked.

Empowered with this news i will try using my CDN food vouchers in IAD, if my flight ever leaves, lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.