FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Best MLL? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2083680-best-mll.html)

Joroy70 Jun 22, 2022 5:36 am

Do they have 2 lounges in LHR, I remember going 5 years ago and in my mind it was huge with a lot of variety of food. I went 2 days ago and they had almost nothing and was small

capedreamer Jun 22, 2022 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Joroy70 (Post 34358353)
Do they have 2 lounges in LHR, I remember going 5 years ago and in my mind it was huge with a lot of variety of food. I went 2 days ago and they had almost nothing and was small

There is only MLL at LHR. It's not huge but has a decent food selection by MLL standards. I would rate it ahead of all MLLs in Canada but slightly prefer the one in FRA.

wjw Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am

I’m inclined to say LHR over FRA. That said I don’t spend too much time in the FRA MLL as the LH SEN lounge in FRA is so much better imo. Lately the FRA MLL is feeling dated and a bit tired in my experience.

LHR is a nice lounge… although again I’m more likely to spend my time in the UC lounge there.

capedreamer Jun 22, 2022 10:15 am

Originally Posted by wjw (Post 34359129)
I’m inclined to say LHR over FRA. That said I don’t spend too much time in the FRA MLL as the LH SEN lounge in FRA is so much better imo. Lately the FRA MLL is feeling dated and a bit tired in my experience.

LHR is a nice lounge… although again I’m more likely to spend my time in the UC lounge there.

Despite me rating the FRA MLL slightly above LHR (FRA seems newer and slightly larger / less crowded), I also prefer the Senator Lounges at FRA. They have Bircher Müsli!

YWG-RO Jun 22, 2022 11:42 am

For domestic, I like the YWG MLL, although the old airport location was even better.

For trans border, YVR is great.

For Can international YUL is superb. YYZ Signature can’t be counted as not a MLL.

Outside of Canada, the LHR lounge is my favourite.

SKYEG Jun 22, 2022 4:34 pm

YUL INTL easily imo. LHR is really nice but there are other options there.

RatherBeInYOW Jun 22, 2022 6:58 pm

International: I don't really get the love for YUL INTL, it is always so crowded and chaotic before the evening flights to Europe. I'd take YYZ INTL over it, there is always lots of room with the Signature Suite siphoning off traffic now. Overseas I certainly prefer FRA although LHR is very similar IMO; pretty much a toss up. CDG is fine but it suffers from the crappy location they have it in.

Transborder: YVR.

Domestic: YOW may have its disadvantages (food is never any good) but at least it isn't overcrowded and messy like the YYZ, YUL and YVR domestic lounges. Maybe I'd just RatherBeInYOW ;-)

SKYEG Jun 22, 2022 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 34360449)
International: I don't really get the love for YUL INTL, it is always so crowded and chaotic before the evening flights to Europe. I'd take YYZ INTL over it, there is always lots of room with the Signature Suite siphoning off traffic now. Overseas I certainly prefer FRA although LHR is very similar IMO; pretty much a toss up. CDG is fine but it suffers from the crappy location they have it in.

Transborder: YVR.

Domestic: YOW may have its disadvantages (food is never any good) but at least it isn't overcrowded and messy like the YYZ, YUL and YVR domestic lounges. Maybe I'd just RatherBeInYOW ;-)

YOW is actually my favourite domestic lounge too for those exact reasons. I really like YWG too, and the airport in general is so awesome. Never any wait.

YUL domestic is the worst domestic lounge while YUL intl imo is the best in Canada. Funny how that is. I haven't been back this summer yet to YUL intl but pre-covid it was busy pre take off but the cooks were moving fast and the drinks were pouring.

acrooksie Jun 22, 2022 7:49 pm

I find the hot food selection quite limited at LHR lounge. There are lots of little healthy snacks though which is nice. But I would argue that otherwise, even some domestic MLLs have better overall food options.

So I always go to the SQ lounge to eat quickly and then MLL for coffee and some sun.

tomvancouver Jun 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by YWG-RO (Post 34359402)
For trans border, YVR is great.

Really? (and others have said similar). I always find the food really disappointing. Its relativity spacious and has a great view of the tarmac, but not on my A list

canadiancow Jun 22, 2022 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by tomvancouver (Post 34360562)
Really? (and others have said similar). I always find the food really disappointing. Its relativity spacious and has a great view of the tarmac, but not on my A list

So which one's better, YUL or YYZ?

canopus27 Jun 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34360564)
So which one's better, YUL or YYZ?

How about LGA :)

Nitehawk Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm

I was recently in the YVR transborder lounge, and was pretty disappointed that there was no hot food before 10am.

BR787 Jun 22, 2022 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 34360571)

This is a pretty good one, I like the open air (to the concourse), cleanliness/new-ness, and the calm oasis feeling.

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 34360734)
I was recently in the YVR transborder lounge, and was pretty disappointed that there was no hot food before 10am.

I always found it old and dirty. 🤷‍♂️

canadiancow Jun 22, 2022 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 34360571)

I think we're going to need to agree on a definition of "transborder". If a domestic passenger can access it...

​​​​