Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight [AC xxxx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2022

Flight [AC xxxx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2022

Old Jul 2, 22, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
AC177 was just cancelled due to unscheduled maintenance
Yes. Due to the gate gormet truck driving into us.
Old Jul 2, 22, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by p106_peppy View Post
Yes. Due to the gate gormet truck driving into us.
A friend was on that flight. Then the crew timed out.
Old Jul 2, 22, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by mountainboy View Post
A friend was on that flight. Then the crew timed out.

Yep. Got to the new gate, at the new departure time just to see them walking off. Like, most of the frequent fliers could have predicted it. But it just feels so slimy from ACs side, to string people along in the belief that they were getting somehere tonight. There were people here making international connections that have been stuck in transit for *days* already, and people with young kids. They could have spent that time waiting around in the terminal to look for hotels.

Which, btw, AC had flat out refused to give people food vouchers or help with hotels. There are no hotel rooms, and if you can find one (one guy said he found on for $1200), AC will only reimburse up to $300. And another guy said he had tried submitting his hotel receipt and was told he was ineligible anyway.

Through some stroke of air Canada status, flying blue status, or Marriott status, we just got given the last room at the Ritz Carlton.
Old Jul 3, 22, 12:02 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by p106_peppy View Post
Which, btw, AC had flat out refused to give people food vouchers or help with hotels. .
If my plane gets hit by a catering truck and subsequently cancelled, the least they can do is loot the truck for the food & drinks

​​
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jul 3, 22, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Flight [AC875] Delay on 30-6- 2022

AC875 CDG-YUL was meant to leave at 1025 but left at 1505 same day, do I still get EU 261 for such a delay ?

Flight back on 7th July is disrupted AC874 now 3 hours earler departing, so am planning to just refund it, but its not clear if you can do that online ?
Old Jul 3, 22, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drspear View Post
Flight [AC875] Delay on 30-6- 2022

AC875 CDG-YUL was meant to leave at 1025 but left at 1505 same day, do I still get EU 261 for such a delay ?
It‘s actually not about the late departure but about the late arrival - in your case AC 875 (I still think of FRA-YUL when I read this flight number) was scheduled to arrive at 11:55am and arrived at 4:07pm. If this was not due to extraordinary circumstances outside of AC‘s control you are entitled to the €600 compensation under EU 261/2004.
Old Jul 3, 22, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
It‘s actually not about the late departure but about the late arrival - in your case AC 875 (I still think of FRA-YUL when I read this flight number) was scheduled to arrive at 11:55am and arrived at 4:07pm. If this was not due to extraordinary circumstances outside of AC‘s control you are entitled to the €600 compensation under EU 261/2004.
ok thanks I was looking on the website to see where you apply but all I can see is an amend flight option, think the explanation was air traffic control because the inbound was 4 hours late coming in and that was the next slot it could get.
Old Jul 3, 22, 8:08 pm

Question: I got notice that my flight schedule has changed for the return leg of Milan-Toronto-Winnipeg at the end of August. From what I can see, they switched the Toronto - Winnipeg flight to an Air Canada Jazz from an Air Canada flight, leaving on the exact same schedule.

The website/app tells me I have to accept the changes or cancel for a refund. There is a button to cancel on their website, but there is absolutely nowhere on their website to accept/acknowledge the changes. On my app, when I try to review the changes so I can accept, a message always pops up "We're sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please try again or contact us at 1-800 etc for assistance."

My wife and I have tried clicking/refreshing the app several times on several devices with no luck getting anywhere.

I really don't care that my flight changed to Air Canada Jazz from Air Canada. If I don't call and wait on the phone for 5+ hours to advise them I accept the changes, will my reservation still be there?

Thanks to all
Old Jul 3, 22, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I assume you now have a UN segment and a TK segment. If that's the case, you're fine.
Johnny199r likes this.
Old Jul 4, 22, 9:32 am

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and I apologize if I've missed a better place.

My wife and I are flying on July 6 DUB-YYZ-LAX on one PNR on AC801 connecting to AC791. The tickets were purchased from United and are Business (P) class. There is a 4 hour connect time, but AC801 is rarely less than 3 or 4 hours late (Flightstats says it is excessively late 61% of the time).

If we do miss the connection, I don't know what we should do. I have only Premier Silver status with United and nothing with AC. Can AC force us to take the first flight with seats available, even if it means flying in economy? If we refuse that kind of offer, do we lose all our rights?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old Jul 4, 22, 9:53 am

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by libraryuser View Post
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and I apologize if I've missed a better place.

My wife and I are flying on July 6 DUB-YYZ-LAX on one PNR on AC801 connecting to AC791. The tickets were purchased from United and are Business (P) class. There is a 4 hour connect time, but AC801 is rarely less than 3 or 4 hours late (Flightstats says it is excessively late 61% of the time).

If we do miss the connection, I don't know what we should do. I have only Premier Silver status with United and nothing with AC. Can AC force us to take the first flight with seats available, even if it means flying in economy? If we refuse that kind of offer, do we lose all our rights?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Since this trip takes off from a European Union member country you are entitled to the full protection offered by EU261, namely if you arrive at your final destination (in this case LAX) more than 4 hours past the scheduled arrival time you are due 600 Euro compensation by the operating airline (Air Canada). Furthermore if your flight is delayed by more than 4 hours Air Canada must provide you with meals, free hotel accommodation if an overnight stay is necessary (along with free transport), two free telephone calls anywhere in the world. They must also put you on the next available flight, or a flight of your choosing. If no business class is available on the flight, and you accept that then they should also provide a refund on the fare difference between Economy and Business on the segment you are travelling in economy.

It doesn't matter if the flight between YYZ and LAX isn't within the EU, all that matters for EU261 to kick in is whether your trip originates in an EU member country like Ireland. Remember, the trip you booked is from Ireland to LA, California. All those connections are just the logistics of how that trip is taken, but the contract you have with UA/AC is a trip in business class between Dublin and LA.

-RooFlyer88
Old Jul 4, 22, 10:11 am

Thank you.
Old Jul 4, 22, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Well that was fun.

Just got off the phone with the Concierge who just told me that some flights booked right in front of me by a check-in agent in YQB less than an hour before (driven by a cancellation by AC) were not ticketed.

They showed as HK in the Cowtool, but she assured me that they were not ticketed. The downside was that the YQB agent had put us in J (original booking was 2 pax - Flex M FP) because he saw no availability in Econ. Ticketing just 'fixed' the booking and stuck the two of us back in Y.

We're currently at the top of the e-up list but we will see.

I'm still surprised (and not sure that I believe) that I could show as HK and still not be ticketed. I learn something new everyday, I guess.
Old Jul 4, 22, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
Well that was fun.

Just got off the phone with the Concierge who just told me that some flights booked right in front of me by a check-in agent in YQB less than an hour before (driven by a cancellation by AC) were not ticketed.

They showed as HK in the Cowtool, but she assured me that they were not ticketed. The downside was that the YQB agent had put us in J (original booking was 2 pax - Flex M FP) because he saw no availability in Econ. Ticketing just 'fixed' the booking and stuck the two of us back in Y.

We're currently at the top of the e-up list but we will see.

I'm still surprised (and not sure that I believe) that I could show as HK and still not be ticketed. I learn something new everyday, I guess.
A flyable booking consists of two separate, yet equally important pieces. A PNR and a ticket.

Generally speaking, you need to look for the "fare basis" in the cowtool to know if it's ticketed. If there's no fare basis, it's not ticketed properly.

If you go to AC.com, do a search, enter pax details, select seats, and get to the payment screen, you have a PNR, and all segments are HK. But it definitely has not been ticketed yet.
Old Jul 5, 22, 10:36 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Numerous YUL cancellations and delays tonight. Airliners.net post said due to a broken baggage belt.

The post referred to it as a ground stop going on hour #5 (which isn't quite accurate if some flights are taking off and arriving). Several AC cancelled flights cite destination airport limitations.

Search this Thread