Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Black Friday promo 2021 (20% off, 20 million points contest)

Black Friday promo 2021 (20% off, 20 million points contest)

Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
For that same April 6 date.

Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by keithguy
I don't know what flights you are looking at, but there are definitely examples where the 20% off is not being applied at all.

Both Expedia and aircanada.com with 20MILLION promo code show the same price for the same flight and same fare type, even though aircanada.com is supposed to be 20% off.
All this proves is that prices on the OTAs are the same as prices on aircanda.com. What's to say that they didn't apply 20% off to the OTA fares as well? $113 seems quote low for YVR-YYZ these days.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
NOTE TO MODS: perhaps worth a generic or master thread to discuss AC's sales or "sales"

That said.....

Regarding the example of fares and 20% discounts, I've posted that if the prices you see suit you and you feel it's good value, you are certainly free to buy. I've also said that 20% as a theoretical discount is nice, but that the fare before the discount matters as well.

Using the YYZ-YVR (one-way) as an example, here are THREE different sales - ALL with 20% off. Showing Standard, Flex and Comfort

This was the 20% sale back in June for flight dates in September.

This was from the 20% off Halloween promo

And this is the lowest I found for the current Black Friday 20% promo for dates in Jan & Feb 2022

You can do your own math and decide what value you determine for any fares. When AC needed to fill planes a few months back, the fares were lower. I also note that the spread between Flex and CO has been slowly increasing and for dates I searched in early 2022 on some North American routes, CO is significantly more. I guess AC is happy that people are buying CO so they can increase the amounts (you know, to cover the cost of the free drink )

I also went searching through the forum for threads about AC "sales" or promos with or without % off.

There was this short thread from August

Another "Sale" that really isn't a sale ("Gold medal" sale August 2021)

And there was this discussion thread Questions on 2020 Black Friday Sale

and a great point from @mileageking, including this comment in post 12.

Originally Posted by mileageking
Impossible for an average consumer to know what savings (s)he is getting without knowing AC's regular base fare on a given route, date and flight.......
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:46 pm

and I also think that there is a promotion that carve up million miles at December and it already past three month and still not shows anything in my account yet. What does ac doing?????
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by edmond00
and I also think that there is a promotion that carve up million miles at December and it already past three month and still not shows anything in my account yet. What does ac doing?????
Are you referring to the Black Friday 20 Million Points promotion?
  • The Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited as follows:
    • The 1,000 guaranteed Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to eight weeks after the qualifying flights have been flown.
    • Your share of the remainder of the 20,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan points pool, if any, will be calculated at the end of the Travel Period, and will be deposited by July 31, 2022.

Ron.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
Are you referring to the Black Friday 20 Million Points promotion?
  • The Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited as follows:
    • The 1,000 guaranteed Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to eight weeks after the qualifying flights have been flown.
    • Your share of the remainder of the 20,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan points pool, if any, will be calculated at the end of the Travel Period, and will be deposited by July 31, 2022.

Ron.
Yes that is what I think, but I need to wait on July that was sooooo long
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Air Canada 2021 Black Friday Promo

I booked two separate trips in November 2021 while the Black Friday promo was on where you’d get 1000 bonus points. I never ended up getting the points neither first nor last.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old May 31, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by codfather
I booked two separate trips in November 2021 while the Black Friday promo was on where you’d get 1000 bonus points. I never ended up getting the points neither first nor last.

Anyone else have this problem?
With respect to this 2021 Black Friday "20 million points to share" promotion (minimum 1,000 points/booking), I just received 1,000 points today and it is listed as "Air Canada Black Friday Offer 2021". Flight was booked during the promotion in November 2021 and flown last week. So check your account.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
With respect to this 2021 Black Friday "20 million points to share" promotion (minimum 1,000 points/booking), I just received 1,000 points today and it is listed as "Air Canada Black Friday Offer 2021". Flight was booked during the promotion in November 2021 and flown last week. So check your account.
I should have posted an update to my post.

I received the 1,000 points about 2-3 weeks ago also listed as "Air Canada Black Friday Offer 2021".
Old May 31, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Originally Posted by codfather
I should have posted an update to my post.

I received the 1,000 points about 2-3 weeks ago also listed as "Air Canada Black Friday Offer 2021".
I received the 1000 points in February. When you receive it depends on when your flight was scheduled and flown. If there are additional points to be awarded, per the terms, they will be awarded after June 30 (the end of the booking window).

Ron.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.