Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: What is the best way to utilize a credit with Air Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: What is the best way to utilize a credit with Air Canada?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

What is the best way to utilize a credit with Air Canada?

Hello everyone,

Last year, my girlfriend and I booked a trip outside of Canada around Christmas. Unfortunately, due to the rising COVID cases around that time, my girlfriend did not feel comfortable going. We were able to cancel her ticket and Air Canada issued a credit for the amount (700ish).

We are now planning a trip this summer and want to use the travel credit. I spoke with a representative from Air Canada recently and they informed me the credit is only valid for my girlfriend. This means only she can use it and we would have to book separately. I don't mind paying for my ticket in full but obviously we would like to book together to take advantage of it.

I am able to get a travel voucher; however, it will take about 10 weeks to arrive. Had I known about this when we cancelled, I would've requested the travel voucher at the time. With the voucher, we would be able to both utilize the credit, instead of booking separately.

My question is would there be any way for us to book together and use the travel credit? Maybe some sort of trick or tips for this?

Thank you.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
I mean, you might be able to call and get in all on one booking. But you could also just book separately and select seats together too.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, Flightanxiety19!

The only advantage to booking together is that there's a higher chance of staying together in the case of irrops. Though in the event ot flight cancellation, it's still pretty easy to make sure you don't get separated.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Flightanxiety19
Hello everyone,

Last year, my girlfriend and I booked a trip outside of Canada around Christmas. Unfortunately, due to the rising COVID cases around that time, my girlfriend did not feel comfortable going. We were able to cancel her ticket and Air Canada issued a credit for the amount (700ish).

We are now planning a trip this summer and want to use the travel credit. I spoke with a representative from Air Canada recently and they informed me the credit is only valid for my girlfriend. This means only she can use it and we would have to book separately. I don't mind paying for my ticket in full but obviously we would like to book together to take advantage of it.

I am able to get a travel voucher; however, it will take about 10 weeks to arrive. Had I known about this when we cancelled, I would've requested the travel voucher at the time. With the voucher, we would be able to both utilize the credit, instead of booking separately.

My question is would there be any way for us to book together and use the travel credit? Maybe some sort of trick or tips for this?

Thank you.
Strange

I have used two of my girlfriend's AC credits this year so far.

Go ahead and try a booking as you can cancel within 24 hours and the new credit will be issued?

Remember AC like most companies has hired a bunch of people and I am finding that product knowledge is lacking in just about every industry! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.