Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Share your thoughts, take home 125 bonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Anyone else get this email?

Old May 18, 2022, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Anyone else get this email?
Not yet, but maybe shortly... (campaigns/surveys seem to come in waves instead of all at once).

Do the double asterisks fine print say that you'll only get 5 miles if you don't qualify for the actual real questions in the survey.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:01 am
Original Poster

The fine print:

Please note that these surveys will come directly from AskingCanadians, and will in no way be affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by Aeroplan. Upon joining AskingCanadians as a survey panelist, you will be subject to AskingCanadians’ privacy policy.

**The 125 Aeroplan points are a one‑time bonus and will be awarded to the Aeroplan member's account under the following three (3) conditions: The Aeroplan member is not currently signed up with the AskingCanadians panel, the Aeroplan member has joined the AskingCanadians panel before May 24, 2022 and the Aeroplan member has fully completed at least 1 survey sent by AskingCanadians before July 24, 2022.

This is an exclusive offer only available to any new AskingCanadians panelists. Offer is non-transferable and subject to change without notice. Points will be awarded six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the qualifying actions have been completed. Points will only be awarded once, and only for qualifying actions completed before the end date identified in this email. Aeroplan points are subject to the Aeroplan program terms and conditions.

For questions related to this offer, please reference the following promotion code number: DV08.
I recall the year when being E50k was a one-off - I had not been before, nor would I be again for some years to come - I got a survey after every AC flight I took.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:12 am
Original Poster

I just clicked through the signup, and I'm disappointed. I don't think the surveys are AC/AP related. Will report back with a confirmation either way when I get the first one.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
My son who just opened his Aeroplan account this year also received the invite - he saw the 125 points for feedback and laughed...

CC
Old May 18, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
My son who just opened his Aeroplan account this year also received the invite - he saw the 125 points for feedback and laughed...

CC
I got a similar email a few years ago ... surveys ranged from 5 to 20 minutes to complete, and awarded anywhere from 5 to 50 points on completion. 50 points for 20 minutes of my day? LOL ..... delete.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Rarely AC related.

I’ve done a couple recently that garnered 100 pts each and another that was 180 pts. I’m quick at this so I always come in under the quoted time. Can be an easy way to keep your account status active. If you aren’t in the required demographic it takes a few seconds for the 5 pt credit.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Rarely AC related.
Rarely? I have never gotten an AC-related survey and I've been doing them for years.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Rarely AC related.
I am very disappointed by that. I am more than happy to do surveys about AC and AP, but not so much for other random marketing purposes.

Originally Posted by Symmetre
50 points for 20 minutes of my day? LOL ..... delete.
Agreed. Not worth the time!
Old May 19, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Rarely? I have never gotten an AC-related survey and I've been doing them for years.
With Asking Canadians, one never knows who commissioned the survey. Sometimes it’s relatively easy to guess. I did one yesterday that certainly seemed like it was for TD, for example. My comment was an educated guess based on survey content. Please note that this is different than surveys that AC sends out directly to customers after a flight.

24L has discussed surveys she/he has been offered about AC (not a particular flight experience). I can’t recall whether they were sent directly by AC.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
With Asking Canadians, one never knows who commissioned the survey. Sometimes it’s relatively easy to guess. I did one yesterday that certainly seemed like it was for TD, for example.
I find about 50% of them are easy to guess. Most of the surveys are poorly written and severely biased toward getting the answers the sponsor wants.
Symmetre likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I find about 50% of them are easy to guess. Most of the surveys are poorly written and severely biased toward getting the answers the sponsor wants.

Agree completely. It’s often difficult to truly reflect my opinion because the multiple choice options don’t allow for it.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Email typo

I believe mine needs to be corrected to: "Waste your time, potentially take home 125 bonus points but most likely 5 bonus points"
Symmetre and vancouver25k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.