Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Another data point. TD Aeroplan VISA. Hit the 30K points threshold on November statement, and the points posted to my AE account in mid-November.

Just got the SE email this morning. App did not show status extension initially, but did the forced restart as well, and it appeared. Website shows that i have SE status until end of 2023.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Jaysfan13
Per terms, status extension can take up to 8 weeks after qualification (which is when AP points post, not when the required spend occurred). Also, states that some may temporarily lose status in early January if qualifying late in the offer period.
My Amex points post to Aeroplan within 1-2 days of the month end statement: regardless of whether it’s paid in full or not. My Amex statement date end is the 28th and for the last few months the Aeroplan points transfer on either the 29th or 30th. I hit the 30K spend just before Nov 28. The last points (~12,000) earned in Nov posted to Aeroplan Nov 30…
my status for 2023 hasn’t been extended yet and yes….Amex does say it can take up to 8 weeks
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I have the Chase card. 2022 EDQs (what does that mean exactly?) exceeding 30,000 acknowledged on the AC app, which I just refreshed. Latest activity November 23.

I was shown as 75K until late November, now the app shows general member even though 2022 isn’t up…even though holding the Chase card automatically confers 25K…and even though I requalified for 2023 75K status prior to November 30 per Mark Nasr’s e-mail of September 14, by earning enough qualifying points.

How do I get AC to fix this?

Thanks…
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
30,000 points hit on Nov 28. Posted Nov 29/30
On Amex….
status extended through to Dec 2023 this morning
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Crap crap crap.
I'm desperately hoping I qualify.

I'd kept a running total throughout the year, but I think I accidentally added in a bunch of dining bonuses earlier. So I could've spent more, and just didn't.
I've had multiple Aeroplan cards over the year, and I might have _barely_ limped over the 30,000 points. But I'm really not sure.

My last remaining credit card's monthly statement closed a few days ago, and points have been posted to Aeroplan.
My status still reads...
You have Aeroplan 25K Status until the end of 2022

With the points having posted, and that message not changing to say "2023", I hope that doesn't mean I missed out.

Do we know if Amex Aeroplan Reserve "RESTAURANT FOOD DELIVERY BONUS" counts for this promo?
I think it's really gonna matter for me.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
Crap crap crap.
I'm desperately hoping I qualify.

I'd kept a running total throughout the year, but I think I accidentally added in a bunch of dining bonuses earlier. So I could've spent more, and just didn't.
I've had multiple Aeroplan cards over the year, and I might have _barely_ limped over the 30,000 points. But I'm really not sure.

My last remaining credit card's monthly statement closed a few days ago, and points have been posted to Aeroplan.
My status still reads...
You have Aeroplan 25K Status until the end of 2022

With the points having posted, and that message not changing to say "2023", I hope that doesn't mean I missed out.

Do we know if Amex Aeroplan Reserve "RESTAURANT FOOD DELIVERY BONUS" counts for this promo?
I think it's really gonna matter for me.
Any base or accelerator category earn should count towards the promo, but your card(s) needs to be open and in good standing to qualify.
jerry305, datachick and boomerfss like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:13 am

Missed such an opportunity. Ah well.
Any similar programs down the pipe in the near future ???
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone been successful getting this through a cumulative 30K points across multiple cards?

I earned:
  • 8K points from the Amex Aeroplan card that was cancelled in June
  • 26K points from the TD Visa Infinite card, with the points that crossed me over the cumulative 30K posting (with the statement) on Oct 17. I've since gotten another 1K points from this card
  • 2K more points from a new Amex Aeroplan Reserve card that I opened in November
It's been 8 weeks now since I've cumulatively hit the 30K, but no change in status. Only hit 47K SQM organically so does that likely mean I'm only going to get 35K next year (albeit with 12K rollover given I have the Amex Reserve card?)
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aprameya
Has anyone been successful getting this through a cumulative 30K points across multiple cards?

I earned:
  • 8K points from the Amex Aeroplan card that was cancelled in June
  • 26K points from the TD Visa Infinite card, with the points that crossed me over the cumulative 30K posting (with the statement) on Oct 17. I've since gotten another 1K points from this card
  • 2K more points from a new Amex Aeroplan Reserve card that I opened in November
It's been 8 weeks now since I've cumulatively hit the 30K, but no change in status. Only hit 47K SQM organically so does that likely mean I'm only going to get 35K next year (albeit with 12K rollover given I have the Amex Reserve card?)
I don't think the 8k are eligible because you cancelled it.

Your Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card account and Aeroplan account must be open and in good standing at the time the Offer is fulfilled for the Aeroplan Elite status extension to be processed. If you cancel your Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card following the Aeroplan Elite status extension, we reserve the right to reverse the Aeroplan Elite status extension.
D582 and kalderlake like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I had mine extended with reaching 30K on TD visa and Amex Aeroplan. I kept a count myself, crossed 30K combined in May. My Aeroplan account showed SE status to end of 2023 in July.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Thank you both. I think (and I guess I can wait 2 weeks to see what happens) my issue isn't the 2 cards, but the fact that one was cancelled.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: AP Altitude E75K
I passed 30K on my Chase Aeroplan on last months statement (November) but my status hasn’t been extended yet. Hopefully it happens before the end of the year.

Edit: status extended today (12/22/2022)

Last edited by ruven; Dec 22, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
How do you know if your status is extended?
Edit: nevermind it's on the app.
I was at 74k miles and missing on elite 75k this thread absolutely made my day.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium + Ambassador, LEGO VIP member.
Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked. I got the Amex Aeroplan card (and spent the requisite $$$) to extend my SE status through 2023. But I assume that was a "one time promotion", and not necessarily guaranteed to be available again for 2024 right? Has there been any info/word on this? Or is this a standard yearly thing and I'm just reading it wrong?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Daniel Moneta
Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked. I got the Amex Aeroplan card (and spent the requisite $$$) to extend my SE status through 2023. But I assume that was a "one time promotion", and not necessarily guaranteed to be available again for 2024 right? Has there been any info/word on this? Or is this a standard yearly thing and I'm just reading it wrong?
With this being your first post almost 5 years after signing up, welcome to posting on FT

This is a one-time promo. It's possible it could be repeated, but it has already expired, and no indication has been given that it will be run again.
Daniel Moneta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.