Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: High loads to/from Europe (summer 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: High loads to/from Europe (summer 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
I am in Europe (France). I traveled there from YUL using a one-way aeroplan award ticket.

Looking at the latitude price (1400$ round trip) between CDG-YUL and the eupgrade availability. Does it make sense to book a Latitude round trip with the return very far in the future. When I have more precise plan about a future trip to France I could change the date.

Does it make sense to do that? I could book an other aeroplan award ticket, but this would allow me to take advantage of the double SQM/SQD promotion.

EDIT: my bad R/T cash fare is $2000 not $1400

Last edited by Leward; Apr 30, 2022 at 2:05 am
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Leward
I am in Europe (France). I traveled there from YUL using a one-way aeroplan award ticket.

Looking at the latitude price (1400$ round trip) between CDG-YUL and the eupgrade availability. Does it make sense to book a Latitude round trip with the return very far in the future. When I have more precise plan about a future trip to France I could change the date.

Does it make sense to do that? I could book an other aeroplan award ticket, but this would allow me to take advantage of the double SQM/SQD promotion.

EDIT: my bad R/T cash fare is $2000 not $1400
Just book the cheapest return to anywhere you can find and cancel it for partial credit voucher when you get back to Canada

If you are sure you are returning to Europe than for sure buy a return and change the date later.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Have a look at LHR-YYZ-LHR. Latitude is $1400. Same flights, originating YYZ, Latitude is $3600.
This has nothing to do with the cabins being full, and everything to do with fleecing Canadians while enticing AC-averse Europeans to fly AC. This has been the case all of 2021, when latitude fares ex-Europe were <$1000.
In early May, I was still able to find these cheap ex-Europe Latitude fares from LHR. Booked LHR-YYZ in September for C$1,315.

Looking again now for the summer, nothing comes close. I wonder if this is related to the fuller premium cabins?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by capedreamer
In early May, I was still able to find these cheap ex-Europe Latitude fares from LHR. Booked LHR-YYZ in September for C$1,315.
Looking again now for the summer, nothing comes close. I wonder if this is related to the fuller premium cabins?
Well, Latitude is B - so I dont see the relation with front cabins.
And I just pulled up LHR-YYZ-LHR for $1600ish in Latitude for August - so its nothing but the standard summer season surcharge (Standard is also a bit higher than spring/fall)
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Seat availability from LHR to YUL, YYZ

Seat availability appears to have gone to zeros across the board for the next several weeks based on Expert Flyer and a few random date flight searches. AC.com is returning options such as LHR-DUB-YYZ and LHR-BRU-YUL for flight searches.
--
13F
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Seat availability appears to have gone to zeros across the board for the next several weeks based on Expert Flyer and a few random date flight searches. AC.com is returning options such as LHR-DUB-YYZ and LHR-BRU-YUL for flight searches.
--
13F
ITA Matrix shows Jul 25th as the first available day for AC on LHR-YYZ / YUL in any cabin. I wonder if that's due to restrictions on departing passengers Heathrow wanted to implement or if there's genuinely full planes for the next week and a half.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:56 am

Seems high fares are here to stay esp in J to Europe---------------------had hoped see some Fare Reductions for Sept/Oct Yul/ CDG with many unsold J seats but AC/AF working together to hold the line at the moment-----perhaps they might wake up but equally likely to prefer fly half empty upfront
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
--
13F
Originally Posted by zappy312
ITA Matrix shows Jul 25th as the first available day for AC on LHR-YYZ / YUL in any cabin. I wonder if that's due to restrictions on departing passengers Heathrow wanted to implement or if there's genuinely full planes for the next week and a half.
This is probably why: Heathrow tells airlines to stop selling summer tickets.
Plumber and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Recently, a good friend of mine (SE 100) took AC 896 (YYZ - ATH) on a latitude fare and he didn't receive an upgrade to either PE or J class. PE and J classes are full to Athens all summer.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
The AC app upgrade list for my AC867 tomorrow LHR-YUL is pure weirdness. Shows Business Booked 12/12 for an a/c which should have 20 seats; and PY Booked 19/19 for an a/c with 21 seats. Certainly appears like they have stopped selling. I hope the systems are smart enough to still allow upgrades into those (un)available seats.
--
13F
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I had my first Lat booking not get upgraded to PE or J last week (to CDG), totally booked. All the flights are jammed

Meanwhile I'm on TAP this week, and currently flying LIS-YYZ with only 3 other people up front (and it was only $3800 CAD R/T to BCN in J). Not as good as A/C service, but the NEO J config is good if you get the throne seats and the price point TATL is usually pretty good.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Due to these full AC transatlantic flights and near zero chances of upgrades on my preferred routes/dates, I started the long way yesterday LIS-CUN-YYZ-YVR with TP A339 pods on the first segment and upgrades to pods on the latter two segments. Cost me less than PY lowest with AC, so I am pleased overall with the TP in-flight experience and with the extra miles.

As an aside, the TP LIS-CUN-LIS are up to 5x weekly on an A339 and yesterday's was sold out in both classes.
unclepants likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Thanks for this information PW!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AskTravis
I had my first Lat booking not get upgraded to PE or J last week (to CDG), totally booked. All the flights are jammed
That's a heck of an expensive Y seat

I'm on a Latitude flight to LHR next week (confirmed upgrade) and am paranoid of an equipment change or IROPS booting me back to Y!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:41 pm

I've given up on upgrades; now just buy biz-class flight passes to Europe for me and MrsITAG. Likelihood of getting an upgrade bumped increases with flight unreliability, delays and cancellations. Simply not worth the hassle anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.