April 15 to 19: King Chung Huang and YOWgary
April 18 to 21: HerpaYvr and WaytoomuchEurope
April 25 to 26: @expert7700
April 29 to 30: Captain Canuck

Meetups/Dos:
April 15: YUL Int'l, ~7PM-9PM
April 19: EZE lounge micro-do?

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Argentina appears to have just in the last few days dropped its requirement for a pre-departure COVID test, but the requirement to show proof of medical insurance remains in effect.
​​​

Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires (EZE) Argentina Do

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
In my experience, a surprising number of border officials in the US and Canada are very aware of the term Mileage Run.

I think we can thank some of the FT pioneers for that.
canadiancow, YYC3722 and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Next week I will just say I'm doing it for my mental health.
MillennialMiles likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:07 pm

For years now, my stock answer to "Purpose of visit?" has been "Airline status." Whether they understand or are confused, 90+% of the time they just wave me through.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by yeeg
She gave me a weird look and kept asking if I met or spoke to anyone while in GRU as well as if I have any checked luggage.
Yeah, she was trying to figure out if you might be engaged in one of the... other reasons a person might conceivably fly to South America and then fly home right away.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Yeah, she was trying to figure out if you might be engaged in one of the... other reasons a person might conceivably fly to South America and then fly home right away.
if they have to *ask* if you have checked luggage, it doesn't seem to be the most foolproof system to screen a pax.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Has the new terminal come online yet? I flew to EZE (on COPA) in 2017, and some criss-crossing had to be done in the terminals to get from check-in to security, passport controls, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:47 am

As I entered GRU Banco Safra, a younger couple behind me said "he is probably doing a MR" (yellow FT tag). When I engaged and we discussed routings, his wife said "see he's crazy like you too".

​​​​​​Later he told me his wife apologized for any offense in calling me crazy. He had already assured her that I probably took it as a compliment though, which I did.

So here's a shout out to @benny2012 (who I invited to FT). Enjoy your combo MR, stay in EZE, and upcoming upgraded Aeroplan status.

​​​​​​For anyone else staying in EZE, he gave a tip which may be worth you looking into: Seek out a a much better 2x + exchange rate from CAD or USD to local currency than what the government set. New Canadian/US $100's notes are in demand and are apparently used by a few countries to offset local inflation.
YOWgary, YYC3722, asovse1 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by expert7700; Apr 26, 2022 at 8:57 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by expert7700

​​​​​​For anyone else staying in EZE, he gave a tip which may be worth you looking into: Seek out a a much better 2x + exchange rate from CAD or USD to local currency than what the government set. New Canadian/US $100's notes are in demand and are apparently used by a few countries to offset local inflation.
Caveat: you will not find a "legitimate" person to do an exchange. The only options I could find were money-changers on the street and I wasn't prepared to do that as I don't know the Argentinian Peso enough to know if I was getting counterfeit bills or not.

I went prepared with crisp US $100s and $50s but in the end I returned with almost all of it as nobody legitimate would touch it.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I don't know the Argentinian Peso enough to know if I was getting counterfeit bills or not.
​​​​
Yeah, doesn't sound like such a good arbitrage deal after all. Beside, on a FT mileage run, even leaving the airport in general is fairly uncommon.

​​​​​
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Well my EZE trip is getting cut short. Left last night from YUL. Arrived at GRU this morning to find out the EZE leg was canceled due to no crew. I was turning around at EZE and coming straight back so I decided to just chill at GRU until tonight’s flight back to YUL. Hopefully that one doesn’t get canceled.

sucks - gonna lose out on some of those sweet sweet SQM from GRU to EZE and back.

hopefully nobody else from FT was planning to get to EZE today and had your plans ruined! Stay safe everyone
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Well my EZE trip is getting cut short. Left last night from YUL. Arrived at GRU this morning to find out the EZE leg was canceled due to no crew. I was turning around at EZE and coming straight back so I decided to just chill at GRU until tonight’s flight back to YUL. Hopefully that one doesn’t get canceled.

sucks - gonna lose out on some of those sweet sweet SQM from GRU to EZE and back.

hopefully nobody else from FT was planning to get to EZE today and had your plans ruined! Stay safe everyone
Grab an Uber and head downtown to Bovinu'S Augusta Grill e Beer. The 25km trip will cost about $20 cad outbound and a bit less return to the airport. Its reasonable safe to walk in the downtown core as long as you stay out of the alleys. The Museum of Art Sao Paulo is down the street as well.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by TheViperOne

​​​​
At the very least, I'd write in and ask to have the full AQD for the whole trip credited to the legs you did fly.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:08 am

Grab an Uber and head downtown to Bovinu'S Augusta Grill e Beer. The 25km trip will cost about $20 cad outbound and a bit less return to the airport. Its reasonable safe to walk in the downtown core as long as you stay out of the alleys. The Museum of Art Sao Paulo is down the street as well.
I'm going to guess the poster doesn't have a visa to enter Brazil given that they were just transiting to EZE for a quick turnaround...
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I'm going to guess the poster doesn't have a visa to enter Brazil given that they were just transiting to EZE for a quick turnaround...
No need for visa or reciprocity fee in brazil.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:28 am

No need for visa or reciprocity fee in brazil.
Since when? (EDIT: Google tells me it was dropped in June 2019. Cool.) I've travelled to Brazil many times for work and needed a visa each time. Granted, it's an e-Visa and easy to obtain, but required all the same.

But I haven't gone to Brazil (except to transit last to EZE last week) since before COVID so I'm out of touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.