Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?

Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?

Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mcgella
Oh no. I booked our flights for spring break next year, and chose FLL over MIA because I wanted to stay away from Rouge. Right now still showing the A330, but I wonder what the chances are they will change the equipment? And we had booked PE with the plan to try and upgrade, but if we get switched would they move us down to Y?
Although equipment changes can happen, in the pre-Covid days, YYZ-FLL would be served by Rouge 763 during spring break at least once or twice per day. Since the volume will probably be returning for next year, and the 763 no longer exists, AC will need to run wide bodies to FLL.
mcgella likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
As cruise lines come back online this year I expect there will be more demand for wide bodies on those routes, and particularly over the winter months. Something has to replace the rouge 763s, which were always packed.
mcgella likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"Signature Class" is a product. A pod is a requirement to call it Signature, but it's not sufficient.

There is no Signature Class to Florida. There might be lie-flats.

You might find Signature to LAX, but I think that's the only transborder Signature route right now.
Darn. No wonder I never got a duvet, pillow, NC headsets, and a 4-meal selection from a menu on some of my Rapidair flights!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well... I'm surprised. Signature is supposed to be a subset of PLH, and nothing in Florida is PLH. There's no marketing on AC's Signature pages to suggest there's Signature to Florida.
It's the identical service that you'd find on LAX, and others. Available to MCO/FLL/MIA when operated by Mainline Widebody.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:27 pm

Signature service is also running YVR-HNL/OGG right now.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by justinyvr
Signature service is also running YVR-HNL/OGG right now.
A bit off topic but I recently flew YYZ-OGG and OGG-YYZ. It was also "Signature Light" which I found annoying for a 10+ hour flight. I specifically checked with Air Canada about this.

The following were intended to be below "Signature" level service:
- total meal options on the menu were 2 meat + 1 veggie (rather than 4 which would have been the par for Signature);
- no amenity kit offered;
- wines were the cheaper "domestic" variety (cheap Bogota sparkling)

Bringing this on topic, the above is what I would expect for service on the FLL-YYZ widebody.

There was an additional 'downgrade' in service on my flight with there only actually being 1 meat option available and none of the 'special meals' loaded . . . they also forgot to load the crew's meals which caused a delay.

A pillow, mattress, and duvet were intended to be included (and were for 66% of passengers in J with the other third missing the seat cover).

It was also "economy minus" for a 10 hour flight. On departure Air Canada announced to Y passengers there was no complimentary food provided for the 10 hour flight. On the return, Air Canada neglected to re-load the buy-on-board meal options.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
A bit off topic but I recently flew YYZ-OGG and OGG-YYZ. It was also "Signature Light" which I found annoying for a 10+ hour flight. I specifically checked with Air Canada about this.

- total meal options on the menu were 2 meat + 1 veggie (rather than 4 which would have been the par for Signature);

Bringing this on topic, the above is what I would expect for service on the FLL-YYZ widebody.

There was an additional 'downgrade' in service on my flight with there only actually being 1 meat option available and none of the 'special meals' loaded . . . they also forgot to load the crew's meals which caused a delay.

A pillow, mattress, and duvet were intended to be included (and were for 66% of passengers in J with the other third missing the seat cover).

It was also "economy minus" for a 10 hour flight. On departure Air Canada announced to Y passengers there was no complimentary food provided for the 10 hour flight. On the return, Air Canada neglected to re-load the buy-on-board meal options.
The way down, we didn't have the amenity kit, but had full meal and wine menu, and pillow and blanket (not duvet) However it was a short flight during the early evening hours so I don't think there was much sleeping going on. The way back we had no amenity kit, full meal menu with cheaper wine options, but then full bedding. So it seems somewhat unreliable?

Yikes on the economy minus. This reminds why when we always flew Y we would bring snacks on board!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
When I did OGG-YYZ in February there were severe staffing issues at OGG, to the extent that they could barely process more than one departing aircraft at a time. The FO was going around talking to the 100Ks in J and I overheard him saying this was an ongoing issue. This is an anecdote supplemented by an overheard rumor, so take it for what it's worth. Possibly AC has had to adjust the service offering to what is actually available to them on the ground at OGG. YYZ-YVR and YVR-OGG were both definitely full Signature service.

What annoyed me was that I wanted breakfast when I woke up, but the meal offered was lunch. I guess the service is based on local time.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE100k
Originally Posted by mcgella
Oh no. I booked our flights for spring break next year, and chose FLL over MIA because I wanted to stay away from Rouge. Right now still showing the A330, but I wonder what the chances are they will change the equipment?
Equipment changes are always a risk with sun routes around spring break. I've never had equipment downgrades around holiday periods, but pre-COVID lots of equipment upgrades from A320s/321s to 767s.

We did YYZ/MCO earlier this month, which was showing A321 when we booked it in Dec (or maybe it was Jan?). Shortly after we booked it, the flights changed to 789 for outbound and 788 for the inbound. No pre-printed menus or amenity kits, but otherwise similar Signature Class service to long-haul.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:04 am

Flying this (YYZ-OGG) next month, seems like the menu continues to reflect "Signature Light". Kinda dumb that there's no amenity kits, but I hope they offer bedding.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by sameruval
Flying this (YYZ-OGG) next month, seems like the menu continues to reflect "Signature Light". Kinda dumb that there's no amenity kits, but I hope they offer bedding.
Despite crossing a body of water, North American airlines consider Hawaii as Domestic. Disagree with the "Signature Light". Same service as you would find on a Transcon flight. Seat bedding, noise cancelling headsets, 4 entree options, cheese & dessert plus a pre-landing hot meal, amenity kit for the returning night flight, and Bottega which is the bubbly standard for North American flights.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:46 am

I just flew YUL-FLL and back in Signature Class. What do you need to know?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I specifically checked with Air Canada about this.
Who at AC did you check this with?
Not saying you're wrong because that's what you were told, but I've been told some outright incorrect things from many different AC employees.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sameruval
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Despite crossing a body of water, North American airlines consider Hawaii as Domestic. Disagree with the "Signature Light". Same service as you would find on a Transcon flight. Seat bedding, noise cancelling headsets, 4 entree options, cheese & dessert plus a pre-landing hot meal, amenity kit for the returning night flight, and Bottega which is the bubbly standard for North American flights.
I am also doing the YYZ-OGG rotation next month so thanks for the confirmation, @ACYYZ/SD.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Who at AC did you check this with?
Not saying you're wrong because that's what you were told, but I've been told some outright incorrect things from many different AC employees.
That is a very fair comment. It was a mix of call in folks fixing some schedule changes.

Signature Light is my phrase. So is Economy Minus.

The lack of bedding and failure to load meals seems to have been an error unique to my flight (or larger OGG issues but not intended).

The lack of an amenity kit and reduced meal options was on purpose (with some suggestion this is COVID related).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.