Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Hidden gem in AP redemption for ROR?

Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

I was planning to return to ROR this fall for some diving and also get some EQM on TK by flying as far as possible.
I did not want to pay $2700 in domestic Y on UA via HNL again, so I started to play with UA MP and AP for some short hop redemptions to a major *A hub nearby.
I was surprised to find out that the new AP now considers ROR in the same short haul zone as MNL/TPE for only 12.5K each way on UA/BR (22K on UA; old AP was 50K AFAIK), or 25K to SIN/NRT/ICN etc.
Also AP now charges the same 8k as UA for island hopping within Palau/Micronesia.

Now fingers crossed that both ROR and MNL will be fully open for tourists by November!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by ericw
Now fingers crossed that both ROR and MNL will be fully open for tourists by November!
MNL has been fully opened for vaccinated tourists without quarantine since last month...
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by supatight80
MNL has been fully opened for vaccinated tourists without quarantine since last month...
There is still testing tho...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.