Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What do you mean by "rule"? Do you just mean they ran out of gift cards on that date?

I used the term "rule" as the watyAC communicated to me was that they had communication on a policy change that they were no longer offering the $4K GC. They never said they ran out, just that the policy was changed.

My argument was twofold. Firstly, I sent an email prior to the change stating because of the delay of the account updates I should not have to lose out or suffer the loss of the $4K. In others words, I anticipated this and was trying to reserve this gift.
Secondly, as already stated on my mobile app i was offered the choice between the two so I choose the $4K, offer and acceptance contract law, but no! It was a valiant effort on my part!
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:09 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
AC running out of gift cards is an interesting thought.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
AC running out of gift cards is an interesting thought.
i think I remember seeing a phrase similar to “while quantities last” so i think they had planned to give only an “x” amount away right from the beginning.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That's how it's always worked. The first time I hit 300k was in December one year, and all they had were points.

This year is weird because of how many people are up that high without actually flying. I expected them to "run out" early.

But if it's an actual policy change, they should ... you know... announce it?
The Lev and gadflyboy like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm now sitting at just over 200K SQM ... but I have still not received the 150K threshold gift (which I crossed in April: 20K points) nor the 200K threshold gift (which I crossed in May: 35K points).

Are others receiving those gifts reasonably promptly? Or is this yet another delay, possibly related to the double SQM program delays?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm now sitting at just over 200K SQM ... but I have still not received the 150K threshold gift (which I crossed in April: 20K points) nor the 200K threshold gift (which I crossed in May: 35K points).

Are others receiving those gifts reasonably promptly? Or is this yet another delay, possibly related to the double SQM program delays?
I flew on June 2nd, and this morning June 6th that flight posted pushing me over 200k - in the same entry it has my 35K points added, and now reflected in my overall balance.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by ksm06
I flew on June 2nd, and this morning June 6th that flight posted pushing me over 200k - in the same entry it has my 35K points added, and now reflected in my overall balance.
Same here. It actually was an LH flight and the 150k threshold gift (20k) posted in the same activity.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

What's your SQD? Have you hit $20K yet?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Canopus is already SE so it shouldn't matter. Both my 150k and 200k threshold bonuses posted before I hit $20k SQD.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:02 pm

Oh yes

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Canopus is already SE so it shouldn't matter. Both my 150k and 200k threshold bonuses posted before I hit $20k SQD.
And yes, I am already SE.

OK, thanks all. Time to submit a claim.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

Check the flight where you crossed your 150 and 200

For me, it was bundled within those flights, rather than a separate entry
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Check the flight where you crossed your 150 and 200

For me, it was bundled within those flights, rather than a separate entry
Thanks for the hint. I don't see any single credits that are large enough to include that ... although searching for that has reminded me how much I wish AC had an "export to CSV" option for the activity ...

Anyway, I have now contacted AC and we'll see what they come up with.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
how much I wish AC had an "export to CSV" option for the activity ...

Anyway, I have now contacted AC and we'll see what they come up with.
These past two years I have asked every six months, I hope you have better luck than me. I wish you the very best
canopus27 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:41 pm
ZNK

Programs: AC 75K, NEXUS
Sorry if this has already been covered - couldn't find an answer in the thread - but does anyone know if you're elegible to receive threshold rewards you've already passed if you hit SE the same year? I'm currently 75K and just passed 150K SQM - will hit 20k SQD in July, so will also hit SE then, and wondering if they will retroactively gift for the 150K threshold? Or you need to be SE as you pass the threshold? I'm assuming the latter - but hopeful that if it's in the same year it might still count.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I had to hit requirements for both SQMs and SQDs before the 150k in bonus points were deposited into my account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.