Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Hit 80 SQS a couple weeks ago with CC boost and had some flight activity a couple days ago but still missing the gift.

Are people calling AP or using the AC customer relations form to get gifts resolved?
Old May 18, 2022, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Hit 80 SQS a couple weeks ago with CC boost and had some flight activity a couple days ago but still missing the gift.

Are people calling AP or using the AC customer relations form to get gifts resolved?
Do you mean eUps? There is no threshold gift at 80.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do you mean eUps? There is no threshold gift at 80.
Yes, threshold eUps. I posted here as I assumed the way to deal with them is the same as missing gifts.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:40 pm

Yes, threshold eUps. I posted here as I assumed the way to deal with them is the same as missing gifts.
I got my "auto" (non-choosable) gifts without having to write in. My eUps required writing in.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Threshold Bonus

I’m sitting at 180k SQM and 19,850 SQD. I will soon pass 20,000 SQD and I’d like to know if I will receive the SE threshold bonuses at 140k/180k?
Old May 30, 2022, 2:14 pm

There are no threshold gifts at 140 or 180.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There are no threshold gifts at 140 or 180.
While not technically threshold gifts, there are threshhold eupgrades at 140 and 180 ... and technically, those thresholds are only available for super elite. It does leave open the interesting edge case that the OP is in, where they have passed 140 and even 180 on SQM, but they are under SQD and so formally have not qualified for SE status yet ...

@anishm, I assume you're not currently SE from previous years? Also, I assume you're saying that you did not receive the 140K threshold eupgrades (20 credits)? If so, then my answer is "I don't know, because I've never been in that state". I would argue that you should receive both sets of threshold eUpgrade credits ... but the T's & C's (here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...hresholds.html) are ambiguous, so who knows. Please let us know what happens once you do make SE.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
While not technically threshold gifts, there are threshhold eupgrades at 140 and 180 ... and technically, those thresholds are only available for super elite. It does leave open the interesting edge case that the OP is in, where they have passed 140 and even 180 on SQM, but they are under SQD and so formally have not qualified for SE status yet ...

@anishm, I assume you're not currently SE from previous years? Also, I assume you're saying that you did not receive the 140K threshold eupgrades (20 credits)? If so, then my answer is "I don't know, because I've never been in that state". I would argue that you should receive both sets of threshold eUpgrade credits ... but the T's & C's (here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...hresholds.html) are ambiguous, so who knows. Please let us know what happens once you do make SE.
I did not get 80K (eUps) and 90K (gifts) few years back when I was 50K and missed early requal. Emailed customer relations and was told I was not eligible as I wasn't E75K at the time

Last edited by TechnoTourist; May 30, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 4:14 pm

I did not get 80K (eUps) and 90K (gifts) few years back when I was 50K and missed early requal. Emailed customer relations and was told I was not eligible as I wasn't E75K at the time
Wow, I did not expect this. I'm at 150k miles but about $150 short of SQD. I assumed I'd get all the bonuses retroactively when I passed $20k.

Extra annoying because I would be over if that Accelerate Your Status 500 SQD bonus was in.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I became eligible for the 150K points bonus recently.

The points posted instantly, but I am still sad the AC gift card option is gone.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
I started the year as a 25k and with all of the bonuses and monthly flights from Europe to Toronto, I have now hit 180k SQM and after a trip starting this weekend should pass the 20k SQD threshold. Yes, I was asking about the eupgrade at 40k increments. However, I'm not going to be too upset if I don't get them as I feel I've been double dipping on eupgrades this year as I move through each level. But I was curious as we have a family trip coming up in July where those eupgrade credits would have been handy.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Threshold gifts

My AC tracker on the computer shows that the 300/350 threshold gifts you can only select AP!

On my phone on the app it still shows either AC credit OR AP

Anyone else notice this? Personally would be going for the AC gift card for sure as I am choked with APs alredy
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:05 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson
Anyone else notice this?
Yes.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson
My AC tracker on the computer shows that the 300/350 threshold gifts you can only select AP!

On my phone on the app it still shows either AC credit OR AP

Anyone else notice this? Personally would be going for the AC gift card for sure as I am choked with APs alredy

Yes, and I lost my battle with AC and received the 300,000 AP points instead of the $4K GC

This rule changed on April 28th!!! Not Happy with my lost
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Yes, and I lost my battle with AC and received the 300,000 AP points instead of the $4K GC

This rule changed on April 28th!!! Not Happy with my lost
What do you mean by "rule"? Do you just mean they ran out of gift cards on that date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.