Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Old Apr 19, 22, 5:25 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by yyckerr View Post
Looks like the gift cards are out at 300K and 350K SQM, and 150K and 300K of points are in.
Interesting. The app still shows gift cards at those levels. I wonder which is right.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:38 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
I was considering making a run at this as I wanted the $2K AC gift card.

Does this mean AC values the AP points less value than the gift card?

Invested wisely $2K in a gift card, can yield more than 150K in points
Old Apr 19, 22, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
I was considering making a run at this as I wanted the $2K AC gift card.

Does this mean AC values the AP points less value than the gift card?

Invested wisely $2K in a gift card, can yield more than 150K in points
This is the part I don't quite understand. They are two different forms of AC currency. They set the amounts offered. So does this suggest that they value a $2k GC at more than 150k points? And if that's the case, why wouldn't they just change it to a $1800 GC or something, to match their internal valuation?

Oh well, I got my $6k already, so I'm happy. Normally I'd probably just go for the points but it's been so hard to use them for anything interesting the past couple years.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 22, 7:33 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
I wonder what this change means for those of us that hit it in Q1. Selected gift card and patiently waited but still have nothing.
Old Apr 20, 22, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
This is the part I don't quite understand. They are two different forms of AC currency. They set the amounts offered. So does this suggest that they value a $2k GC at more than 150k points? And if that's the case, why wouldn't they just change it to a $1800 GC or something, to match their internal valuation?

Oh well, I got my $6k already, so I'm happy. Normally I'd probably just go for the points but it's been so hard to use them for anything interesting the past couple years.
I agree with your logic, I was playing with various scenarios of valuations. They are the issuers of the currency, points, or credit the valuation media makes no difference

Anyways on my home page it still shows the option for the $2K in GC so I may go for this upon my return home where i can focus on forecasting needs
Old Apr 20, 22, 11:45 am

I participated in the status match for US residents last year and was matched to 35K from basic member until Jan 15, 2022. Unfortunately I was not able to fulfill the requirement to complete a roundtrip on AC by Jan 15, 2022 to extend my status until Dec of this year. Now it looks like I am in a position to qualify for 25K by mid-year. My question is, would I be eligible to get the early status recognition gift based I was a basic member for most of the last year in 2022 and that I actually qualify for 25K?
Old Apr 28, 22, 12:41 pm

This promotion has made this the best year ever for me,lol
so they took away the $2K & $4K threshold gift options......I want to speak with a manager!!!!

So now to find sweet spots to Europe for even more bonus activity, lol
Old Apr 28, 22, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
This promotion has made this the best year ever for me,lol
so they took away the $2K & $4K threshold gift options......I want to speak with a manager!!!!

So now to find sweet spots to Europe for even more bonus activity, lol
Assuming you cracked that 350 as we discussed?
Old Apr 28, 22, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
I would agree this year is rather stupid already. I am 410K status miles for the year. I have over 150 eUps in my account (most of which I won't use). I have over $41K SQD. I have crossed all the thresholds and received the banked year and 300K and 350K gifts. The only ongoing benefit this year will be Priority Rewards which the promotion does increase. I actually have a bunch of Europe flying to do which I will guess add to the amount even more. Tracking all this, with AC's pitiful IT, has been a definite challenge.

It will be interesting to see how I start next year, and what other promotions they come up with. I have a feeling I will have no trouble getting the SQM to requalify but I am going to need some pretty expensive tickets to get the SQD.

Yes SQM done, it's the SQD that will be the fin part
Did you have a choice of points or GC or just received the points?

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Assuming you cracked that 350 as we discussed?
As discussed but points no GC, so i verbally complained this morning but will send a message to corporate that you can't change the rules half way through the game. After all who do they think they are the federal government that can make up their own rules, lol.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 28, 22 at 2:40 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 28, 22, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
As discussed but points no GC, so i verbally complained this morning but will send a message to corporate that you can't change the rules half way through the game. After all who do they think they are the federal government that can make up their own rules, lol.
"Selected gifts will be provided while quantities last and are available on a first-come, first-served basis."

The threshold gifts have ALWAYS worked this way. It's probably just unusual for the gift cards to run out so early in the year.
Old Apr 28, 22, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yes SQM done, it's the SQD that will be the fin part
Did you have a choice of points or GC or just received the points?

I took the points. And yes the SQD will be the fun part.
Old Apr 30, 22, 12:28 am

Received my $2K GC

Now to get my $4K GC
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 8:06 am

Programs: AC S100K, BW Diamond Select
The $2000 and $4000 gift cards also disappeared from my counters, but have since reappeared.

Please save some for me, as I am a few weeks away from unlocking them.
Old May 1, 22, 10:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket View Post
The $2000 and $4000 gift cards also disappeared from my counters, but have since reappeared.
Sure that's not just app vs website inconsistency?

App:

Old May 1, 22, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC S100K, BW Diamond Select
It is gone from my website's dashboard (when I was able to log in finally on my Windows laptop).

Still waiting on my 20K and 35K bonus points from earlier thresholds.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Sure that's not just app vs website inconsistency?

Search this Thread