Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Is there really nothing past 350K? I’m easily going to break 400K this year. Seems like a waste of flying.
Nope.

I'm not even sure what they could reasonably do other than $4k for every 50k of flying, which ... seems excessive.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Has anyone seen the 300 and 350k rewards for this year be sent? I was able to select it this year on the website which was new but nothing has arrived. Not in a rush but thought I'd see if it was me or everyone else. I know others above spoke of IT issues but was thinking it was getting up there by now time wise.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:07 pm

I only selected the 300, but haven't received it yet.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I did some math on this a while back, probably in the 2020 Aeroplan mega-thread. The bottom line is all these promos are likely a drop in the bucket compared to the number of points they usually issue / what's already outstanding (tens of billions). A handful of people racking up hundreds of thousands of extra points because these promos have pushed them through various thresholds means absolutely nothing.
I think you just say that so that we lowly Elites don't show up to your houses on the night of The Purge.
But I am sure that the number of points that expire each year alone dwarf the investment for high mileage elites.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:37 pm

Just got my $2000 gift card. Time to go request the $4000.

I did write in about this though, so I bet that triggered it.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just got my $2000 gift card. Time to go request the $4000.

I did write in about this though, so I bet that triggered it.
Looks like they ran a batch, received both my $2000 and $4000 Today.

Wish they would add some higher levels, I have topped out on the Priority Rewards as well now.

canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 19, 2022 at 9:01 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by YYC3722
Wish they would add some higher levels, I have topped out on the Priority Rewards as well now.

Your SQM is amateur

But the SQD is impressive.
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Your SQM is amateur

But the SQD is impressive.
Hope i can make up some ground with personal travel soon. All this work travel has been no fun and not optimal for the SQM.
I should not complain though.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:45 pm

I requested the $4000 GC on the 16th and it just came in, so 15 days. Well beyond their quoted 2 days, but I didn't need it sooner.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
You people make me feel like AC should send us new luggage tags.

"BARELY SUPER ELITE"

and

"HOLY $&!* THE AMOUNT OF FLYING THIS PERSON DOES IS SUPER ELITE"
Skylane77 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YYC3722

You raise a good point - what is the incentive beyond 350K SQM? More eUps? I am not aware of Priority Rewards being part of the Threshold gifts but again, those have limited usability.

For me, after crossing 350K the only incentive is working towards 2MM.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by gadflyboy
Anybody else still waiting for 2022 250k banked se year to post ?
Mr R is still waiting for his to post.

We both crossed 250K back in January, and received the congratulatory email. My banked year posted before the email was even sent, but his never appeared.

He had a February phone discussion with a befuddled AE agent ("But you already HAVE two banked years...?") and then her supervisor, who promised an email and resolution within 2 weeks but would not give out a case number when pressed for one. So last week Mr R sent a clearly drafted email (well ok I drafted it ) and received a case number, so hopefully will get some resolution in the next few weeks.

Interestingly, this seems to be also holding up the threshold eups he's since earned, but since he doesn't need them immediately he'll bring it to their attention after the 250K gift is straightened out. And we both have the 300K gift "select" button on our dashboards, but again, he's holding off selecting until he gets his 250K gift straightened out. (Not sure if I'll wait for him or just go ahead and select mine... )
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Looks like the gift cards are out at 300K and 350K SQM, and 150K and 300K of points are in.

Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Not that I'm likely to hit those mileage thresholds in an average (whatever that is) year, but the rewards don't really seem worth any kind a stretch. At least the former monetary rewards offered a more tangible incentive.

Perhaps this change was brought about as a result of the extra miles that AC has been generously doling out this year.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
300,000 Aeroplan miles, lol. That can probably get me a round trip ticket to Toronto from Victoria in business lowest this week. Not that I ever hit the high thresholds, but that is definitely not an incentive to fly extra.

​​​​
painintheuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.