Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Old Jan 29, 22, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Got my email for the 350K gift this am telling me to select it on my dashboard by Monday. Except it's not on my dashboard and they skipped 250K and 300K. Now on the phone with Aeroplan...
Old Jan 30, 22, 10:57 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite MM, bonvoy titanium, united silver
Originally Posted by gadflyboy View Post
More data points - I have check marks for 2022 threshold gifts from 150 k to 250k plus I have a congratulations email confirming I have earned (and been gifted) one banked year of SE but nothing has posted in account except the 150k gift of 20k bonus points which posted today

So weird but expected. Im flying to nyc tomorrow so will see if flight triggers remainder of gifts to post.

Follow up to data points : flight to lga did indeed trigger priority rewards and e ups posting. However I seem to have received 75k points instead of banked year of SE status which is a piss off. I guess Ill call or write in .
Old Jan 30, 22, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Follow up to data points : flight to lga did indeed trigger priority rewards and e ups posting. However I seem to have received 75k points instead of banked year of SE status which is a piss off. I guess Ill call or write in .
Are you 3MM?
Old Jan 30, 22, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Are you 3MM?

nope.
Old Feb 2, 22, 10:19 am

update to data points above - AP called me this am and confirmed that I have earned the banked year of SE, that they are experiencing technical issues with 2022 threshold giftsposting, that they are working on a system wide fix, and that all should be remedied by end of week or early next.

so rather confusing given that some members of this forum have received (and posted) 250 k and up threshold gifts but at least they appear to be aware of issue and taking steps to fix
Old Feb 2, 22, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
update to data points above - AP called me this am and confirmed that I have earned the banked year of SE, that they are experiencing technical issues with 2022 threshold giftsposting, that they are working on a system wide fix, and that all should be remedied by end of week or early next.

so rather confusing given that some members of this forum have received (and posted) 250 k and up threshold gifts but at least they appear to be aware of issue and taking steps to fix
I was told something quite similar last week. The agent was very apologetic.
Old Feb 4, 22, 5:50 am
Original Poster

My banked SE year and the 9 priority awards I was owed appeared in my benefits last night. Just the 300K and 350K benefit to go.

Last edited by EdmFlyBoi; Feb 5, 22 at 7:38 am
Old Feb 4, 22, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Has anyone who selected a gift card for 300k in 2022 received it yet?
Old Feb 5, 22, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
My banked SE year and the 9 priority awards I was owed appeared in my benefits last night. Just the 300K and 350K benefit to go.
Was able to select the 150000 and 300000 bonus miles this morning which were instantly credited to my account. Man I have a lot of points to burn now...
Old Feb 5, 22, 8:39 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
Was able to select the 150000 and 300000 bonus miles this morning which were instantly credited to my account. Man I have a lot of points to burn now...

Good to hear

Kinda scares me with so many points floating everywhere and this is just us FF that share on the site. What about those silent collectors out there?
Will all these points be used quickly in any anticipation of a possible devaluation?
What incentive is there for AC to fix the redemption issues, we have discussed with so many points on the marketplace?
Old Feb 5, 22, 9:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
Kinda scares me with so many points floating everywhere and this is just us FF that share on the site. What about those silent collectors out there?
Will all these points be used quickly in any anticipation of a possible devaluation?
What incentive is there for AC to fix the redemption issues, we have discussed with so many points on the marketplace?
I did some math on this a while back, probably in the 2020 Aeroplan mega-thread. The bottom line is all these promos are likely a drop in the bucket compared to the number of points they usually issue / what's already outstanding (tens of billions). A handful of people racking up hundreds of thousands of extra points because these promos have pushed them through various thresholds means absolutely nothing.
Old Feb 7, 22, 7:14 pm

Anybody else still waiting for 2022 250k banked se year to post ?
Old Feb 7, 22, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you had a flight post since you crossed 250?
Old Feb 7, 22, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Have you had a flight post since you crossed 250?
yes several. And Ive written in to SE customer service and spoken to an agent who referred to a system wide fix which I assume was the goodwill bonus thing.

as I mentioned above I did receive a 75k threshold bonus which also is confusing as Im almost at 2M lqm but obviously not close to 3M. So all in all quite frustrating ac very good at taking the fun out of what is (or could have been) a cool promotion first world problems I know but still ..
Old Feb 19, 22, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Is there really nothing past 350K? I’m easily going to break 400K this year. Seems like a waste of flying.

Search this Thread