Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So now you're stuck on a six hour codeshare in Y? I'd be taking that refund
I know I'm being greedy, but are there any better options that I could suggest to an agent?

Do you think they would let me change it to NRT-YYZ-YOW? My whole goal is to get to Japan if it opens for tourists.

Or I could just wait and see. My in flight is in July after all.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by dr_torch
I know I'm being greedy, but are there any better options that I could suggest to an agent?

Do you think they would let me change it to NRT-YYZ-YOW? My whole goal is to get to Japan if it opens for tourists.

Or I could just wait and see. My in flight is in July after all.
The NH segments booked into G so just asked to be booked into G (PY). It also allowed for stopovers in NRT.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The NH segments booked into G so just asked to be booked into G (PY). It also allowed for stopovers in NRT.
I booked BKK-NRT-YVR-YWG via GF with Premium Economy selected, but when completing the booking on the AC website Premium Economy was not an option. Looking at my ITIN, the BKK-NRT section is showing as Y.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech
I booked BKK-NRT-YVR-YWG via GF with Premium Economy selected, but when completing the booking on the AC website Premium Economy was not an option. Looking at my ITIN, the BKK-NRT section is showing as Y.
I also ticketed into Y but when I look at the fare basis and pull up the rules it states that 3 stopovers are permitted, 2 free, 1 at $100US.

So you can stop in NRT and YVR for free if you want.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I wouldn't book to BKK right now if I could fly for free. Seems people are not really aware of (travel) conditions on the ground. I follow the news, I've lived there a few years not too long ago. If you can cancel for free since it's Latitude, that's good news for sure.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho
I wouldn't book to BKK right now if I could fly for free. Seems people are not really aware of (travel) conditions on the ground. I follow the news, I've lived there a few years not too long ago. If you can cancel for free since it's Latitude, that's good news for sure.
Some people may book this and only use BKK as a positioning as they could be somewhere else in Asia.

Anyway in latitude there is nothing to lose. You can always cancel for a full refund
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Some people may book this and only use BKK as a positioning as they could be somewhere else in Asia.

Anyway in latitude there is nothing to lose. You can always cancel for a full refund
Unless you get one of those sneaky non-refundable Latitude fares! Did anyone check the fare rules on this one (re refundability, anyway - I know someone commented on stopovers and such).
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I also ticketed into Y but when I look at the fare basis and pull up the rules it states that 3 stopovers are permitted, 2 free, 1 at $100US.

Nah, we've been on the road since October so not really interested in extending. PE instead of regular Y for the non-J BKK-NRT would have been nice though.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: hahaha
Just searched up what the old Aeroplan SAUA chart was like, and so many of my regional hops in Y were just 10k "miles"! I sure hope SAUA can make its return soon so a bunch of us could lock in our upgrades on these tickets. I guess I could always bum 15k UA miles off a friend...
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by asovse1
Just searched up what the old Aeroplan SAUA chart was like, and so many of my regional hops in Y were just 10k "miles"! I sure hope SAUA can make its return soon so a bunch of us could lock in our upgrades on these tickets. I guess I could always bum 15k UA miles off a friend...
SAUA do not apply on codeshare flights.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
why I only saw this now... I was debating on YYZ-BKK/HKT-YYZ in November for the last few days. I only saw G fare for 4xx each way that AC.com is showing but GF is not. I decided to wait till the covid restrictions are removed for HKG and BKK - would have jumped on Latitude tho.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium

AFAIK, stopovers WERE permitted.

Any change to the ticket at this point seems to require refare to the current selling price.

​​​​​​Trying to do a simple date change (keeping same flights and same latitude economy) +/- a couple days results in a +$4,000 CAD additional collect per person . Even though the ticket in question is < 24 hours after purchase.

Not unexpected with these deals.. But still a shame, since I just realized my Jan14th booking overlaps a different trip. The Jan14 booking will auto cancel in a couple hours unless anyone has any tips.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by expert7700
AFAIK, stopovers WERE permitted.
The Jan14 booking will auto cancel in a couple hours unless anyone has any tips.
Stopovers were permitted in Asia and in Canada.
NH G was easily bookable on OTAs

Temporarily change your frequent flyer number to a different airline. in one of the bookings and they wont auto cancel.
I've been sitting on multiple AC bookings on the same day for months.

I do hope by winter Thailand moves beyond the current restrictions. Although even now, the sandbox program is actually quite easy to navigate.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by Dave510
SAUA do not apply on codeshare flights.
You guys got offered the codeshares? Six tickets here sampling a different hub each time and they only codeshare is a flight on CX metal!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by asovse1
You guys got offered the codeshares? Six tickets here sampling a different hub each time and they only codeshare is a flight on CX metal!
I'm on AC6134 which is a TG flight from BKK to HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.