Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:17 pm
RY7

I had booked BKK HKG NRT YVR YUL YYZ and found out that my BKK HK NRT are missing on both CX and AC website.
Am not able to open my Trip on Priceline, but the Bot was still able to pull the Itinarity.

Now I wonder If I am able to move any of those flights, let alone restate my CX flights.

Is Priceline here the one to contact, even though it seems a CX issue, that the flights were pulled out of my PNR.

Also, I am looking for someone's experience with canceling that ticket, since it was fully flexible.
The only way to do seem to be via the bot or with an agent, since I no longer can open the Iti on Priceline
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone done BKK-HKG-YVR recently? (BKK-HKG on Cathay)

Wondering if there is any option to upgrade BKK-HKG portion (even at the counter) and the lounge situation at HKG (not sure which lounge AC uses at HKG as most of them are closed).
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by fijaircan
Has anyone done BKK-HKG-YVR recently? (BKK-HKG on Cathay)

Wondering if there is any option to upgrade BKK-HKG portion (even at the counter) and the lounge situation at HKG (not sure which lounge AC uses at HKG as most of them are closed).
I can't speak for Cathay, but Thai refused to sell upgrade at the airport because we were on a 014/ac ticket. Doing a *A upgrade with UA points also failed for the same reason.

I flew YVR-ICN-HKG-BKK last week. the HKG lounge situation was dismal. Amex Centurion and United Club are still closed since Feb 2020.

Priority Pass Club at HKG lounge is decent but does not open until 1pm. Cathay lounge is open if you are departing HKG in J on Cathay.

HKG has the airport terminal in the departure gates split into green and blocked off red zones. Almost all stores are empty (shopping and restaurants closed). airport restrooms are blocked off, half for employees, half for the traveling public.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
I can't speak for Cathay, but Thai refused to sell upgrade at the airport because we were on a 014/ac ticket..
Ugh! Thats a pain. I was banking on buying an UG for my BKK-NRT leg....

I'd like to get on the BKK-YVR flight but it doesnt operate on the day of my booking, and the ticket was booked through AMEX.

Might be my first flight in Y in 20 years! Any tips for good seats on TG?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Ugh! Thats a pain. I was banking on buying an UG for my BKK-NRT leg....

I'd like to get on the BKK-YVR flight but it doesnt operate on the day of my booking, and the ticket was booked through AMEX.

Might be my first flight in Y in 20 years! Any tips for good seats on TG?
​​​​​​
TG 777 has a private Y cabin (1st two rows with a bulkhead in front and behind). Nice to have a near empty cabin since those rarely get sold (even TG elite/*g have to pay). At the checkin counter they are 1600THB, $44USD each. The paid third row of Y is also LOL - Lots of legroom since it is an exit row.

For other J chances, if you had a schedule change and reroute via ICN on an OZ A380, the star alliance upgrade award was working for 15k UA miles. Or, possibly on NH which has a flight leaving BKK 35 min before TG. I know folks who have done ANA paid upgrades at the checkin counter while on AC or Aeroplan ticket.
​​
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by expert7700

I flew YVR-ICN-HKG-BKK last week. the HKG lounge situation was dismal. Amex Centurion and United Club are still closed since Feb 2020.
That's what I hear about the lounge situation there.

My problem is that we arrive HKG at 11pm (from BKK via CX in Y) and then we leave next morning at 9:40am for YVR (via AC - upgraded to J).

Looks like the Premium Plaza Lounge (near gate 35) is open from 11pm to 8am - might be my only option to find a place to get some sleep!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:11 pm

We gathered some intel on possible nice locations for a BKK mini-DO... Should anyone's dates overlap. (anyone with unconfirmed itinerary changes back to Canada should have +/- 30 days).

​​​​​​I remembered slightly too late for this past trip that Thai airlines headquarters opened a pop-up restaurant (open like 7a-2p) where one can sit in Y or J airplane seats and order Thai catering flight meals.

We did make it to the Chang Chui market centerpiece--a retired L-2011. Fine dining inside the plane, cocktail bar inside and underneath the wings.

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thai...-night-market/
​​​​​​
We ate next to the plane after seeing how popular it was with locals. Great outdoor dining with charcoal hot pots: grill, steamer, and soup kettles. All you can eat fresh seafood, beef/pork/chicken, noodle and salad bar, ice cream and drinks. For the "ok we'll splurge" cost of 270THB ($7 USD) a person.
​​
fijaircan, Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:29 pm

Thanks, grabbed a couple of seats in that cabin, will see what happens. Appreciate the info!
expert7700 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This thread keeps popping up on the first page because people have questions about schedule changes, eUps, etc. Those topics have their own threads, and it's time-consuming to keep moving posts to the right places. Since this deal had been dead for months, I think it's time to kill this thread.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 18, 2022 at 9:55 am Reason: Fixed formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.