Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Old May 13, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
Has anyone been able to move the date of their ticket BKK->Canada by more than a few days? (they changed the itinerary because of HKG not available anymore .. so I figured I could ask for a date change?)
Yes, when they first CX HKG - YYZ then I changed the date.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by vatomoki
Wide open one-way availability under $300 for BKK-YVR/YYZ in Lat, connecting through ICN/HND/HKG/SIN. Bookable directly on AC. Multi-city also bookable through an OTA.
Just wanted to thank vatomoki for figuring this one out and/or passing on the info. Wife and I had a great trip from BKK-NRT-YVR-YWG last week. Excellent deal!
kalderlake and vatomoki like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
ohhhh.. right. no sorry.
Mine is an NH flight number, and I guess thats why the upgrade was easy to do online from PY to J on ANA.
So theoretically - if I managed to get it ticketed with an NH flight number AND I had miles with ANA then I could request an upgrade?
Old May 18, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by dr_torch
So theoretically - if I managed to get it ticketed with an NH flight number AND I had miles with ANA then I could request an upgrade?
if you get it ticketed with an ANA flight number, you can request a Star Alliance upgrade with any Star Alliance points (except AC miles)
Prices vary depending on the program
Old May 18, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if we could do a 'Stand-By Upgrade' on Thai - even though the flight is AC codeshare?

(Thai's Stand-By Upgrade between BKK and HKG on Y/B fare is approx CAD$165 one-way)
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Yes, when they first CX HKG - YYZ then I changed the date.
Thanks, by how many days?
Old May 18, 2022, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
Thanks, by how many days?
3 days I believe.

if you get it ticketed with an ANA flight number, you can request a Star Alliance upgrade with any Star Alliance points (except AC miles)
Prices vary depending on the program
Can I call in and request this or are they going to have no idea what I am talking about?

I'm only a lowly E50k here so I have no access to a concierge.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 18, 2022 at 10:57 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old May 18, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: hahaha
Can I call in and request this or are they going to have no idea what I am talking about?

I'm only a lowly E50k here so I have no access to a concierge.
Aeroplan wouldn't know what you're talking about because Aeroplan no longer offers the service, widely known as Star Alliance Upgrade Award (SAUA)

you'd want to consult any other star alliance loyalty programs you have a balance with (or credit card/hotel points you can convert to various star alliance carriers' programs), like United for example, which offers SAUA
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Aeroplan wouldn't know what you're talking about because Aeroplan no longer offers the service, widely known as Star Alliance Upgrade Award (SAUA)

you'd want to consult any other star alliance loyalty programs you have a balance with (or credit card/hotel points you can convert to various star alliance carriers' programs), like United for example, which offers SAUA
But before I do this I need it ticketed with the NH flight number right and not the AC codeshare. And only AC can do this for me.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For those looking to upgrade flights on other airlines, please consult the boards dedicated to those airlines.

- You friendly neighbourhood moderator
Old May 21, 2022, 3:56 pm

No idea if this is helpful or how available it is, but in playing around for flights to Asia, I found a quite nice PY fare YYZ-HKG-SIN for about $1250. No mixed cabin so in PY for the HKG to SIN leg (E on both) and UG requested to HKG. I didnt see on AC but showed on google flights and was easily bookable etc on AC. I was going to use points but would rather use with priority awards on a return trip. So this and the return from BKK will be quite a nice unintentional MR. And at least it will be more than 7 hours in SIN spent in the transit hotel. I am also heading to HKT for a few days on the way to BKK and nice to be able to redeem points on SQ for a direct J from SIN.

Last edited by MaxFlying; May 21, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I just flew the 'deal' on Sunday.. my original total cost was $251.50 ($204.80+46.70).

Interesting...
BKK-NRT - NH - recieved 433 SQD
NRT-YVR - AC - received 127 SQD

Ron.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by newfbc
I just flew the 'deal' on Sunday.. my original total cost was $251.50 ($204.80+46.70).

Interesting...
BKK-NRT - NH - recieved 433 SQD
NRT-YVR - AC - received 127 SQD

Ron.
I received 434 SQD for BKK to NRT and 207 SQD for NRT to YVR as a lowly 25K.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Call and say that this fare allowed booking into G on ANA
Does this say it on the fare rules anywhere? AC noted my PNR saying PL needs to 'fix' my booking by re-issuing my ticket back in Y cabin.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
No idea if this is helpful or how available it is, but in playing around for flights to Asia, I found a quite nice PY fare YYZ-HKG-SIN for about $1250.
This is still available - $1,140 in November.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.