Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by dr_torch
So it looks like AC flights have been cancelled from HKG - YVR for July now. I was booked on BKK-HKG-YVR-YOW on July 31st.
Now the only option seems to be a flight into NRT in Y for 6+ hours.
The fare allowed bookings in G class on NH (PY) - even if you initially booked yourself in Y - you should be able rebook in G class on ANA if available
Old May 10, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The fare allowed bookings in G class on NH (PY) - even if you initially booked yourself in Y - you should be able rebook in G class on ANA if available
Right now I seem to be booked into Y on that flight. How would I go about rebooking into G? I'm assuming that AC would want to collect the fare difference?
Old May 10, 2022, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now I seem to be booked into Y on that flight. How would I go about rebooking into G? I'm assuming that AC would want to collect the fare difference?
They shouldnt, its involuntary. Call and say that this fare allowed booking into G on ANA, and you were not rebooked in it when the schedule change happened (check to make sure G is available to begin with)
Old May 10, 2022, 1:23 pm

They shouldnt, its involuntary. Call and say that this fare allowed booking into G on ANA, and you were not rebooked in it when the schedule change happened (check to make sure G is available to begin with)
Thanks! I'm skeptical they will want to help me but it never hurts to ask.

Unfortunately I am seeing Y4G0 so the flight is totally packed.

J4 C4 D0 Z0 P0 Y4 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0
My other concern with transit in NRT is that in the case of IIROPS I may end up stuck in NRT and unable to leave the airport as they still won't let foreigners in. I'm all for adventure but sleeping on a bench in Narita was not really part of my plan
Old May 10, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: hahaha
G space just opened on one of my NH segments on one of bookings so I'm thinking of calling in to upgrade from Y to G.

I eUpped the over-ocean segment on AC and the flight is R0 and I'm expecting to lose my eUp when I do the Y->G upgrade on NH.

Not sure if anyone has experience with this, but will the change instantly restore R1 when I undo my eUpgrade? Or will there be a small delay? Or is it completely eaten up and I'll be at the mercy of the R space algorithm in the coming weeks?
Old May 10, 2022, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asovse1
G space just opened on one of my NH segments on one of bookings so I'm thinking of calling in to upgrade from Y to G.
That would be a voluntary change that would require repricing at current fares.
kalderlake and asovse1 like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:06 pm

Air Canada is operating from HKG to YVR in July. There have been a couple of schedule changes and the flight now departs at 10:15 am direct but with a stop in ICN to pick-up additional passengers. More likely the problem is your connecting flight from BKK to HKG as Cathay dropped most of it's flights when HKG shut down. They may open more flights facilitating a connection.

But if you have been rebooked via NRT then I would go with that option.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ddaley
Air Canada is operating from HKG to YVR in July. There have been a couple of schedule changes and the flight now departs at 10:15 am direct but with a stop in ICN to pick-up additional passengers. More likely the problem is your connecting flight from BKK to HKG as Cathay dropped most of it's flights when HKG shut down. They may open more flights facilitating a connection.

But if you have been rebooked via NRT then I would go with that option.
Yeah, you seem to be correct. I see AC8 departing at 10:15am. You are correct, it would have worked with the connection from BKK. Still not sure I want the flight to NRT in Y though.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:42 am

I see G1 on BKK - NRT so I called in and they changed the itinerary so that I am now on the NH flight however she could only ticket me into Y. She told me only latitude is available and not PE.

Maybe I just don't know the right thing to say to the agent

Interestingly enough, NRT - YYZ has positive R so the upgrade cleared right away. YYZ - YOW had R0 but it still cleared.

Does anybody know if NH has any way to bid for PE or a LMU like AC?
Old May 11, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see G1 on BKK - NRT so I called in and they changed the itinerary so that I am now on the NH flight however she could only ticket me into Y. She told me only latitude is available and not PE.
Maybe I just don't know the right thing to say to the agent
Thats too bad. But I suspect you ll get nowhere with AC....

You can upgrade the NH segment with 10,000 United miles (or slightly more Asiana/Lifemiles). This should cost about USD200 via the accelerator to buy the miles, but would require I space, or a waitlist for I space.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:07 am

Thats too bad. But I suspect you ll get nowhere with AC....

You can upgrade the NH segment with 10,000 United miles (or slightly more Asiana/Lifemiles). This should cost about USD200 via the accelerator to buy the miles, but would require I space, or a waitlist for I space.
Does it also require it be to ticked under the NH flight number and not the AC flight number though?
Old May 11, 2022, 11:17 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Does it also require it be to ticked under the NH flight number and not the AC flight number though?
You cannot, premier upgrade using plus points requires NH flight number. Same for star alliance upgrade, require marketing and operating carrier to be the same. You could try to ask for a cash upgrade at check in. I flew NH to NRT in Y and sat in exit row, the leg room was unlimited, I feel NH Y has extra recline vs other airlines. The service was great. Only downside is entertainment options is relatively limited (mostly catering to Japanese audience) but there is wifi at relatively affordable prices.

Last edited by m.y; May 11, 2022 at 11:23 am
Old May 11, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by m.y
You cannot, premier upgrade using plus points requires NH flight number. Same for star alliance upgrade, require marketing and operating carrier to be the same. You could try to ask for a cash upgrade at check in. I flew NH to NRT in Y and sat in exit row, the leg room was unlimited, I feel NH Y has extra recline vs other airlines. The service was great. Only downside is entertainment options is relatively limited (mostly catering to Japanese audience) but there is wifi at relatively affordable prices.
Yeah, I guess I need to decide if I want to suck it up in Y or not. I've become such a princess now that I have flown in J too much.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ohhhh.. right. no sorry.
Mine is an NH flight number, and I guess thats why the upgrade was easy to do online from PY to J on ANA.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Has anyone been able to move the date of their ticket BKK->Canada by more than a few days? (they changed the itinerary because of HKG not available anymore .. so I figured I could ask for a date change?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.