Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Europe bonus Aeroplan points (book by March 22, 2022)

Old Mar 7, 22, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

I got this in the mail. T&C below. I don't know if this would let me get the bonus for a flight on the new buddy pass - or any flight pass? Also, I presume this would NOT be status miles?

T&C *Up to 10,000 bonus points – Terms and Conditions
  • Valid only on new bookings of Eligible Scheduled Flights from Canada or the USA to an Eligible Destination in Europe.
  • Offer valid between March 2, 2022 starting at 00:01 NST through to March 22, 2022 inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST.
  • Open only to Aeroplan members in good standing. If you are not an Aeroplan member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (aircanada.com/aeroplan) and enroll today. Membership is free.
  • Economy Class offer: Earn 2,000 Aeroplan bonus points when flying on any Eligible Scheduled Flight between Canada or the USA to an Eligible Destination in Europe (applicable on round trip or two one-way trips only). Eligible Fares: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort and Economy Latitude.
  • Premium Economy Class offer: Earn 5,000 Aeroplan bonus points when flying on any Eligible Scheduled Flight between Canada or the USA to an Eligible Destination in Europe (applicable on round trip or two one-way trips only). Eligible Fares: Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible and Premium Rouge.
  • Air Canada Signature Class offer: Earn 10,000 Aeroplan bonus points when flying on any Eligible Scheduled Flight between Canada or the USA to an Eligible Destination in Europe (applicable on round trip or two one-way trips only). Eligible Fares: Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible.
  • To participate in this offer, a minimum of one round-trip or two one-way trips are required. For clarity, a one-way trip consists of one origin and one destination (one bound) between an airport in Canada/USA and the Eligible Destination. For example, an Eligible Scheduled Flight booked in Economy Flex from Montreal (YUL) to London-Heathrow (LHR) that has a stopover in Toronto (YYZ) is considered a one-way trip. Two one-way trips will collectively be awarded 2,000 Aeroplan bonus points. A round-trip booking in Economy Flex, in turn, consists of two bounds: One from Canada/USA to the Eligible Destination, and a second one from the Eligible Destination back to Canada/USA. One round-trip will be awarded 2,000 Aeroplan bonus points.
  • For flight segments not wholly travelled within the same fare option, members will earn a combination of the purchased fare option offers.
  • Registration is required. To register, click on the “One-click registration” tab or on the “Register for this offer” tab in the Offer e-mail received or you can also register by clicking on the Offer banner when it is displayed on aircanada.com and then follow the instructions for registration.
  • Travel must take place within the following travel period: March 2, 2022 starting at 00:01 NST through to September 30, 2022 inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST.
  • You must provide your Aeroplan number at the time of booking.
  • Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, including for certainty, points earned in conjunction with the Aeroplan Elite Status bonus which are expressly excluded from this Offer.
  • Bonus Aeroplan points awarded through this promotion will count towards Everyday Status Qualification.
  • Bonus Aeroplan points awarded are not Status Qualifying Miles (SQM).
  • Offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
  • Taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges apply.
  • Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to six weeks after the qualifying flights have been flown.
  • Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
  • For the purpose of this Offer, the following terms are defined as follows:
    • Eligible Scheduled Flights” means a flight operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) between Canada and the USA to/from an Eligible Destination in Europe.
    • Eligible Fare” means those fares that are exclusively eligible for this Offer, being: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible.
    • Eligible Destinations” means Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Geneva, Lisbon, Lyon, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Nice, Paris, Reykjavik, Rome, Venice, Vienna and Zurich.
  • If this Offer is not running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Aeroplan which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Offer, Aeroplan reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way. Aeroplan also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from this Offer and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation of this Offer.
  • Health and safety protocols, government recommendations and regional travel restrictions vary by hotel, ship and destination, may impact availability and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries.
Old Mar 7, 22, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Is this incremental to the "Air Canada Aeroplan Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - Jan-Apr 2022" promo? What do these clauses mean in this context:
  • Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, including for certainty, points earned in conjunction with the Aeroplan Elite Status bonus which are expressly excluded from this Offer.
  • Bonus Aeroplan points awarded through this promotion will count towards Everyday Status Qualification.
Old Mar 7, 22, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I don't think this is targeted.. it's advertised on AirCanada.ca...
https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/flig...nerdotcom|caen

Ron.
Old Mar 8, 22, 4:06 am

Probably a stupid question and I'm probably overlooking something, but is there anything that says this doesn't apply to an award booking (of one of the eligible fare brands)​​​​?

The wording doesn't seem to specify it's only for cash bookings, and I can't seem to find anything that says it excludes point bookings. Could be a nice rebate on award travel.
​​​​​
Old Apr 22, 22, 9:35 am

Programs: AC E50K, IHG Diamond
Would AC consider Tel Aviv as Europe? (to me it is not, but who knows what AC thinks)
Old Apr 22, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Would AC consider Tel Aviv as Europe? (to me it is not, but who knows what AC thinks)
I don't think so. When it comes to flight passes, TLV is part of the Middle Eastern packages, not the European ones.
Old Apr 22, 22, 11:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, DL PM, WS Silver, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Hilton/Radisson Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian View Post
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
I don't think so. When it comes to flight passes, TLV is part of the Middle Eastern packages, not the European ones.
The list of eligible destinations is in the OP of this thread and doesn't include TLV.
Old Apr 22, 22, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat, HH Silver, BW Gold
Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
I don't think this is targeted.. it's advertised on AirCanada.ca...
https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/flig...nerdotcom|caen

Ron.
When I go to that link, it doesn't say anything about the points offer. I've also received offers for the US and Australia through email. Does anyone know how this works or how to register without the email?
Old Apr 22, 22, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, DL PM, WS Silver, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Hilton/Radisson Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever View Post
When I go to that link, it doesn't say anything about the points offer. I've also received offers for the US and Australia through email. Does anyone know how this works or how to register without the email?
This promo expired March 22. Once a promo has expired, AC usually takes down the page and the link will redirect elsewhere. In this case, a generic page about booking AC flights to Europe.
Old Apr 22, 22, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Any DPs of receiving these bonus points? I am not sure when the bonus points are to be awarded.
Old Apr 22, 22, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal View Post
I am not sure when the bonus points are to be awarded.
Again, it's in the OP:

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post
  • Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to six weeks after the qualifying flights have been flown.
Old Apr 22, 22, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat, HH Silver, BW Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
This promo expired March 22. Once a promo has expired, AC usually takes down the page and the link will redirect elsewhere. In this case, a generic page about booking AC flights to Europe.
Ah! Didn't notice this was a zombie thread. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 22, 11:02 am

Has anyone received the bonus for this promotion yet? Completed my flights in April and nothing posted yet.

https://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2022/0...-points-2.html

Search this Thread