Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Really appreciate this, thank you.

I'd have booked AC90 except that that 1-hour connection looked risky. Oh well, note for next month's mileage run.
I am doing the same routing next month, also for a MR and stopping in Montreal for around 23hrs (which I will use to meet with a customer ) Given that the GRU-EZE leg departs at 11.30am, I will miss returning to the lounge here where I spent almost a full day in during my December MR....

Taking AC96/AC97 does tag on 2 more segments and some additional SQM's during the promo...

CC
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Very interesting thread, as I am looking at a trip to EZE in coming weeks.

Could one of the recent travellers on the YYZ/YUL-GRU-EZE route give us the AQMs earned on the various sectors (YYZ-GRU, YUL-GRU, GRU-EZE) ? My last trip to EZE was in AUG 2017 on the YYZ-SCL-EZE routing, so my mileage table needs updating !

Also, I may add on a GRU-CWB side-trip.. Any comments on cnx to Brazilian domestic flights coming off AC at GRU would be appreciated.

Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Could one of the recent travellers on the YYZ/YUL-GRU-EZE route give us the AQMs earned on the various sectors (YYZ-GRU, YUL-GRU, GRU-EZE) ? My last trip to EZE was in AUG 2017 on the YYZ-SCL-EZE routing, so my mileage table needs updating !
The SQx calculator has the mileage for YYZ and YUL to GRU. No one has yet reported GRU-EZE, but the calculator will give you a pretty good estimate. If you have any data (whether from the new program or the old) that's not in the calculator, you could share it there.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mamau
Open again under another name but still open to *A.
I can confirm this. I flew to GRU last month. Same lounge, new name.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by nordsfan
very interesting thread, as i am looking at a trip to eze in coming weeks.

Could one of the recent travellers on the yyz/yul-gru-eze route give us the aqms earned on the various sectors (yyz-gru, yul-gru, gru-eze) ? My last trip to eze was in aug 2017 on the yyz-scl-eze routing, so my mileage table needs updating !

Also, i may add on a gru-cwb side-trip.. Any comments on cnx to brazilian domestic flights coming off ac at gru would be appreciated.

yyz - gru. 5084
gru - eze. 1069

I have connected to LATAM and GOL, both of which were easy. There was a transfer desk for both outside customs. Then you stroll to domestic departures - about a 15 min. walk. Azul used to fly from the old terminal, so you had to take a bus around GRU. They have expanded lately, so maybe there's a better solution for them now, too.

Last edited by FlyingFiasco; Mar 6, 2022 at 9:03 am
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:46 am

I’ll be doing this trip on a business class award in April on the YYZ-EZE route. I was wondering if anybody knows how seating works after the two flights merge? The app hasn’t given me the option to pick seats after the stop in GRU and I was curious how it’s handled.
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by leadhead
I’ll be doing this trip on a business class award in April on the YYZ-EZE route. I was wondering if anybody knows how seating works after the two flights merge? The app hasn’t given me the option to pick seats after the stop in GRU and I was curious how it’s handled.

I am wondering what I am missing as I have a similar booking. I have the same flight number for both flights so would keep the same seats. I assume those that come in on a different AC flight would book seating for two different segments so might have different seats.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:19 am

​​​​​​​That's odd. If you are switching from AC90 to AC96, then AC96 should be listed as a separate flight.​​​​​​​​
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Just to add, the lounge to use in GRU is called Espaco Banco Safra.

For the return trip EZE-GRU-YUL, there is a Star Alliance lounge at EZE and the GRU lounge should be open in the evening for your 2.5 hour layover in GRU.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by john2003
I am wondering what I am missing as I have a similar booking. I have the same flight number for both flights so would keep the same seats. I assume those that come in on a different AC flight would book seating for two different segments so might have different seats.
If you're booked on the "direct", you only select a seat once, and you'll have the same seat for both legs.

If you're connecting, you'll choose seats separately for the two legs.

Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
That's odd. If you are switching from AC90 to AC96, then AC96 should be listed as a separate flight.​​​​​​​​
You may have missed that the "direct" flight varies depending on the day - some days, the YYZ flight (AC90) is the one, other days it's YUL (AC96). Based on @leadhead's question, it appears (s)he is on AC90 all the way.
YOWgary, leadhead and FlyingFiasco like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you're booked on the "direct", you only select a seat once, and you'll have the same seat for both legs. If you're connecting, you'll choose seats separately for the two legs. You may have missed that the "direct" flight varies depending on the day - some days, the YYZ flight (AC90) is the one, other days it's YUL (AC96). Based on @leadhead's question, it appears (s)he is on AC90 all the way.
​​​​​​​That solves the puzzle!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
yyz - gru. 5084
gru - eze. 1069

I have connected to LATAM and GOL, both of which were easy. There was a transfer desk for both outside customs. Then you stroll to domestic departures - about a 15 min. walk. Azul used to fly from the old terminal, so you had to take a bus around GRU. They have expanded lately, so maybe there's a better solution for them now, too.
I put my PNR in the handy dandy cow tool and the miles are very similar to what you report here (mine are from YUL, so 5053 from YUL-GRU).

CC
FlyingFiasco likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I’m taking the AC90 direct flight next month YYZ-GRU-EZE (both there and back) in J; it seems there are conflicting reports of whether we can access a lounge during the layover. Would love to go to either the Star Alliance lounge or the Amex lounge if possible.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Did this yesterday.

You *can* access the lounge but it's super tight on time.

I'll post a whole walkthrough in a day or two.
CappuccinoAddict and Seat19k like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:12 pm

On the way down, AC90 was late, so connecting to AC96 was immediate and no time for lounge access.
On the way up, AC97 was early and we had about 2 hours in the lounge.

It really depends on timing between the two flights but you can access the old *A lounge (now name-sponsored by Banco Safra). The Amex lounge is also open and accessible (I stuck my head in), but in my opinion the Banco Safra has better privacy corners.

Please note that you may have to backtrack - once you pass intermediate security, you may come out halfway down the terminal wing and you have to walk against the pedestrian flow into the centre part where the lounges are.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.