Search

2022-02-17 Booking Class Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flynn58
Is there a document or reference somewhere that's up to date on what each booking class code means? I've got Economy Comfort in L on one flight and Economy Comfort in V on my return flight, so what practical difference does that L vs V make when they're both Comfort fares?

It's just hard to parse this thread when you don't know what the original system is before these changes.
There is no practical difference to you between CO L and V.

But if you don't know what they mean, then this thread is pretty irrelevant to you.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Hi FT! It's been a long time.

Is there any chance this fare class realignment affected actual pricing from yesterday to today?

Just sitting here scratching my head as to why lowest economy fare from YVR to (YWG, YQR, YXE) anytime in March or April more than doubled overnight. Obviously I'm not airline pricing genius but it seems like some kind of inventory glitch?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Star Alliance Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, NEXUS GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There is no practical difference to you between CO L and V.

But if you don't know what they mean, then this thread is pretty irrelevant to you.
Right, but that's the thing, I want to know what they mean.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Just sitting here scratching my head as to why lowest economy fare from YVR to (YWG, YQR, YXE) anytime in March or April more than doubled overnight.
It’s possible demand is way up, reflecting the country (and the world) reopening in the face of declining case numbers.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by jjclancy
It’s possible demand is way up, reflecting the country (and the world) reopening in the face of declining case numbers.
Also I think over the past few days there has been a massive update of flight schedules. So whatever algorithm determines pricing probably has a bunch of new info to crunch though, and it might be better to wait a week or two before booking to see if this is just an anomaly.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
So what does this mean when someone originally bought tickets in N class? They won't accumulate miles anymore starting when N will be for flight redemption?
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
So what does this mean when someone originally bought tickets in N class? They won't accumulate miles anymore starting when N will be for flight redemption?
I have two itineraries booked completely in N...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by jjclancy
That's certainly true. I've just jumped back into travel in the last 2 months and pricing is quite volatile at the moment.

Booking an itinerary you like is also no guarantee of it actually operating these days either.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

You'll be rebooked in A when this happens, just like every other time there's been a fare class remapping.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Hi FT! It's been a long time.

Is there any chance this fare class realignment affected actual pricing from yesterday to today?

Just sitting here scratching my head as to why lowest economy fare from YVR to (YWG, YQR, YXE) anytime in March or April more than doubled overnight. Obviously I'm not airline pricing genius but it seems like some kind of inventory glitch?
AC had a "Valentines" seat sale that ended after Feb 16, so on the 16th you were seeing the seat sale price and now they are back ot "normal" pricing. If you can, wait for the next seat sale.

Originally Posted by Flynn58
Is there a document or reference somewhere that's up to date on what each booking class code means? I've got Economy Comfort in L on one flight and Economy Comfort in V on my return flight, so what practical difference does that L vs V make when they're both Comfort fares?
V is a more expensive fare bucket within Comfort than L but there is no difference to you. Basically for every route AC has multiple different fares that they will charge depending on how many seats are left on the flight and their predictions for upcoming bookings. So within Comfort, when AC has sold what they have established as their limit of how many seats they are willing to sell at the current lowest price, it moves up to the next higher fare bucket and the price goes up.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:38 am

Has anyone seen N inventory (eUpgrades for Premium economy) having more than 0 availability on any international AC flight on ExpertFlyer ? It seems that Air Canada is not adding inventory into the "new" N bucket yet
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Yes, literally the first arbitrary route and date I checked has N space.
Bohemian1 and hoipolloi like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
I have always thought that award biz was I class. But when I booked an award flight, it's booked as P class.

Has something changed with biz too?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I have always thought that award biz was I class. But when I booked an award flight, it's booked as P class.

Has something changed with biz too?
This changed more broadly with the new program, although Market Awards in the old program did this too. Not related to the fare class changes discussed in this thread.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.