Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change fees & travel vouchers on revenue tickets (2022 onwards)

Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread serves as a replacement/continuation of two long-running COVID-related threads on AC's change and refund policies:
If AC has changed or cancelled your flight, there's a specific thread for that.

[TO BE ADDED: QUICK SUMMARY OF VOUCHER AND VOLUNTARY CHANGE POLICIES]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

The flexible change policy has now been extended to February 28th, 2022.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ovid-19.html#/
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: Mileage plus
How long will it take to receive my voucher? It’s been 6+ weeks since I cancelled… we’re in 2022… those things should move quicker!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:22 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Unmaxdemax
How long will it take to receive my voucher? It’s been 6+ weeks since I cancelled… we’re in 2022… those things should move quicker!
Contact them if it has been longer than 6 weeks.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
I hope this is the proper forum for this question. I understand that if I purchase a non-refundable standard or flex ticket and have to cancel, I don't get my money back (on my credit card). Do I receive a travel credit instead ?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
“Limited Time” no change fees

With apologies to Adam who will surely have to scold me for not posting this in the right place…

I have a friend making a booking and is asking me about the limited time no change fees. I don’t know the answer because it’s never affected me.

can I assume the time is irrelevant because it will apply when he makes his booking and will remain in place for the life of try he PNR?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by flying chef
I hope this is the proper forum for this question. I understand that if I purchase a non-refundable standard or flex ticket and have to cancel, I don't get my money back (on my credit card). Do I receive a travel credit instead ?
When I cancelled such a ticket last month, I was offered a voucher or some number of points (presumably equal to what you'd get if you purchased points with the amount including the bonus right now, although I didn't do the math to verify).
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
The policy is clearly outlined on the website.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ovid-19.html#/
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Right you are. Humble apologies.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Length of time to refund a flight to points?

Hi all,

I have a flight credit from a cancelled flight in 2021.

I called AC and rebooked it in 3 weeks for a trip, but now I've discovered that I won't be travelling and won't need it.

I did the form for 'Refund with 65% aeroplan points' - anyone know how long this process takes? When I filled out the form it said it could take up to 10 weeks to process.

The flight is scheduled for Feb 21st - any thoughts?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Air Canada Travel Voucher - Ticket of lesser value?

I got an Air Canada Travel Voucher for a refund back in August, its value is ~$1,000. If I book a flight using the voucher for $400, would the entire voucher be burned or will I still have $600 on that voucher (or a new one issued with a value of $600)?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
It's essentially a gift card, you will still have $600 on it
pmarrsouth and kalderlake like this.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Feb 12, 2022 at 2:36 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Erome
Hi all,

I have a flight credit from a cancelled flight in 2021.

I called AC and rebooked it in 3 weeks for a trip, but now I've discovered that I won't be travelling and won't need it.

I did the form for 'Refund with 65% aeroplan points' - anyone know how long this process takes? When I filled out the form it said it could take up to 10 weeks to process.

The flight is scheduled for Feb 21st - any thoughts?
They are very backlogged. I had one from December 15 still waiting on a gift card from. Was told they are currently working at 75 business day timing which is more like 25 weeks which is crazy bad. Not sure how anyone can find that as acceptable.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
They are very backlogged. I had one from December 15 still waiting on a gift card from. Was told they are currently working at 75 business day timing which is more like 25 weeks which is crazy bad. Not sure how anyone can find that as acceptable.
I received a voucher from a Jan 12 cancellation on Feb 8th. That's inline with the vouchers from 2021 as well.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: AC SE
I recently canceled some flights I didn’t want to take anymore. I received the gift card in 10 days.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I canceled a trip in late-December and received the travel voucher the first few days in February.

I canceled a refundable trip on the same day and am still waiting for the credit card refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.