Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2022 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So you need GRU-LAX on AC for 2-3k? Or do you already have a flight home and a flight to LAX?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Or GRU - YYZ/YUL - ??? - YYZ - LAX on a Lat or PE fare, I've got eUps to burn.

I want to leave Brazil immediately after finishing work, and I just finished a week in LA.

Leading contender right now is a $1,200 paid-J fare on TAP that'll get me to Southern Europe or Israel, then an open-jawed AC Lat fare that'll get me back to LAX and also cover the outbound leg of my next Europe trip.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:41 pm

I'd definitely try to see if you can get anything better on AC metal for the GRU-Europe, for the 100% bonus.

But I do understand how good those TP fares can be.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd definitely try to see if you can get anything better on AC metal for the GRU-Europe, for the 100% bonus.

And TP flights in Business still earn a rather attractive 200% SQM but I personally would also look for something on AC to take advantage of the promotion and the status bonus miles.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

It's tempting, but it adds at least another $2,000 and doesn't include another flight back to Europe at the end...

Then again, the way things are going tonight, there might not be a Europe to go to!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Not sure what the entry requirements are for Brazil at this time but a trip to Sao Paulo on your suggested dates would be just slightly over your budget:

Thanks for the idea on this run south ! I was able to book something similar from YYZ with a same day turn and a day in Montreal for work and squeeze into the last few days of the promo !

YYZ-YUL-GRU-EZE-GRU-YUL-YYZ all in PE lowest for $1663 CAD and upgradeable with my heavy allotment of E-ups

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=CAD

Bookable direct on AC site (when using GF link or fare increase by over $1000).

CC
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Hi everyone, please note I have moved a number of recent posts about some cheap Latitude fares from BKK to Canada to a new thread.

The community has asked the moderators to have fewer long threads, and more threads that are specific in nature. To that end, we are trying to keep this thread focused on mileage runs, not a general discussion of cheap fares/sales on AC.

While cheap fares may be appealing for mileage running purposes, if there isn't a specific mileage running context to your posts (e.g. you're using this fare to MR from 35K to 50K, or the fare offers an insanely low cpm and tell us how many miles it earns, etc), please consider posting in a different thread. For example, if you've found a great deal, post it in a new thread, then post here about how you're using it for your MR goals.

This ensures that members who are interested in good fare deals but don't visit the mileage run thread will still see them, and help those who are interested in mileage running stay more focused on that subject in this thread.

Or, if someone has a thought on how better to organize information relating to mileage runs, feel free to contact the moderators with suggestions.

Thanks,

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Captain Canuck and YOWgary like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
For example, if you've found a great deal, post it in a new thread, then post here about how you're using it for your MR goals.

This ensures that members who are interested in good fare deals but don't visit the mileage run thread will still see them, and help those who are interested in mileage running stay more focused on that subject in this thread.

Or, if someone has a thought on how better to organize information relating to mileage runs, feel free to contact the moderators with suggestions.

Thanks,

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Perhaps there could be a couple of threads similar to the Premium Fare Deals forum, but specific to AC flights. There I think it is PY, J and F there, but not sure if that is the best configuration here.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Perhaps there could be a couple of threads similar to the Premium Fare Deals forum, but specific to AC flights. There I think it is PY, J and F there, but not sure if that is the best configuration here.
By definition, this isn't "premium".

I don't think AC-specific deals like this come up very often. I think a thread for each is reasonable.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:40 pm

By definition, this isn't "premium".

I don't think AC-specific deals like this come up very often. I think a thread for each is reasonable.
I didn't name the forum! I think that it just refers to non-Y.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone want to join me for a totally pointless run to EZE? Heading down Apr 18 and heading back Apr 21. Snagged a good P fare, and for me this was a cheap way to lock in another year of SE.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Anyone want to join me for a totally pointless run to EZE? Heading down Apr 18 and heading back Apr 21. Snagged a good P fare, and for me this was a cheap way to lock in another year of SE.
I'm looking at YVR - YYZ - EZE - YYZ - YVR. Approx 15k miles in total. Currently with the 100% Bonus SQM/SQD offer that's 30k.

I can't seem to find any particularly cheap fares for that date. Do you mind sharing how much you paid?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
If you shift your dates 3 days earlier, you can hang out with me, @YOWgary, and @YYC3722
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
what does your itinerary look like?
Friday to Sunday looks interesting.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
How much was the fare and what routing ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.