Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2022 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by canadiancow
All of my travel is leisure. I've had 3 YYZ work trips, 1 LHR, 1 AMS, and 1 CUN. The most recent was 2018. The least recent was 2009.
I've just added you to my list of idols...
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone know of some decent mileage run deals to Europe from YYZ for May-Sept timeframe. Preferably PE.
User8181416 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Been looking at some Europe routings for the extended bonus. Nothing really out there in terms of outstanding value. Would be nice to hear if anyone has found anything.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I haven’t, and I’m usually pretty good at finding reasonably priced routes to Europe.

I’ll have to make at least 4 trips during the promo either way but honestly I’ll have a hard time justifying flying AC when I can get to Europe on other carriers for about 30% of the price.
Symmetre likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I haven’t, and I’m usually pretty good at finding reasonably priced routes to Europe.

I’ll have to make at least 4 trips during the promo either way but honestly I’ll have a hard time justifying flying AC when I can get to Europe on other carriers for about 30% of the price.

If you find a deal, share.

I like to go to Europe on cash just to visit. I am finding points a better value, but more points is always nice, lol
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:45 pm
YXU

Programs: AC 50K, Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver

I've noticed that r/t flights out of Europe come out to be a lot cheaper than the reverse. If you can fly to europe on another carrier for your first trip, then fly AC for the next 2-3 trips ex-Europe (or a r/t from the first trip) you might save a bit of cash.

Last edited by YXU; Apr 28, 2022 at 3:46 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:58 am

What do you need ? SQM, SQD or both ?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vernonc
For myself, I need SQM
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Saw this on LoyaltyLobby: YUL to VCE for CAD$2540 in business class.

If the Europe-only double miles promo also doubles the miles including COS bonus like the recent post-February postings, I believe it works out to 23700 SQM r/t.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
Departure Airport: YCD (but happy to position to YVR/YYC)
Miles Needed: 22k SQM
Maximum Budget: "within reason"
Available Travel Dates: anytime after end of June
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: EQDs not an issue, so any SA airline is fine

Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Hit 75k today and looking to make that SE jump. Current flights booked may add another 5k to the total, but still need the rest. Prefer PE/J of course, but beggars can't be choosers.

edit: willing to do an EZE run if anyone knows if those are still kicking around???

Last edited by RichVan; Apr 29, 2022 at 7:37 pm
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Neither, really. SQM for the possibility of reaching 250 this year so I can bank a year I guess, but I’m not fussed.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
This year has been totally nuts:

i clearly don’t need any runs, and I have a bunch of Europe trips that will doubled (latitude fares ex-Europe that won’t be cheaper elsewhere). How much of this rolls over to 2023 will be interesting…
Old May 1, 2022, 6:36 pm

Neither, really. SQM for the possibility of reaching 250 this year so I can bank a year I guess, but I’m not fussed.
Not a true MR but fits my needs to hit SE this year.
I booked YYZ-VCE-YYZ. CAD $2550. 27-29 May. Booked via AC but had to call in to ticket.
27 May YYZ-VCE direct flt on AC816. J class. This was cheaper than PE at approx $1250 o/w for J.
29 May VCE-MUC on Air Dolomite in Y. Connection time 50mins in MUC.
29 May MUC-YYZ on AC 835. J Class. Approx $1250.
My approx calc is 24K SQM incl the COS and double up Europe promo. Should net approx $4k SQD after removing taxes and the Air Dolomite portion - just me guessing the amts. Plus another 7K AE points from Amex Aeroplan Reserve.
Someone please correct me if there is any issue with the above as I can cancel within 24hrs. I have to book a hotel for one night in Venice.
If someone wants to shave off $300, you can do the return in PE via FRA.
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.

Last edited by vernonc; May 1, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Old May 2, 2022, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think there's a cowtool that will tell you exactly what SQD you'll earn, but otherwise it sounds like you have it figured out.
vernonc and WaytoomuchEurope like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Not a true MR but fits my needs to hit SE this year.
I booked YYZ-VCE-YYZ. CAD $2550. 27-29 May. Booked via AC but had to call in to ticket.
27 May YYZ-VCE direct flt on AC816. J class. This was cheaper than PE at approx $1250 o/w for J.
29 May VCE-MUC on Air Dolomite in Y. Connection time 50mins in MUC.
29 May MUC-YYZ on AC 835. J Class. Approx $1250.
My approx calc is 24K SQM incl the COS and double up Europe promo. Should net approx $4k SQD after removing taxes and the Air Dolomite portion - just me guessing the amts. Plus another 7K AE points from Amex Aeroplan Reserve.
Someone please correct me if there is any issue with the above as I can cancel within 24hrs. I have to book a hotel for one night in Venice.
If someone wants to shave off $300, you can do the return in PE via FRA.
One day this forum is going to get me in trouble.

I just booked these flights too

Pico-do! Bohemian1 join us!
(And paid J means we can start in the SS, too )
Leward likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.