Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
My August flights all turned up today. I checked this morning and it wasn't there but they're there now.
My August flights showed up the same as yours, still waiting for my Sept 14th flight from FRA to YYC
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:39 am

Spouse's 500/5/$500 showed up today, backdated to April 30!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
The bonus SQD/SQM posted for my flights on 16th September and 22nd September today, I have updated the wiki.
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Sep 26, 2022 at 9:56 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
FYI spoke to rep today regarding the 5K SQM from AC Vacation package (SE Bonus) not posting from this spring. They stated there is a system wide issue which has been escalated.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Hi all,
I'm booked on YVR-YYZ-AMS for Sept 29th. I know the Europe bonus is only for flights that touch Europe (per the Wiki). Does anyone know how the SQD split works for a fare?
Thanks,
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mb4wong
Hi all,
I'm booked on YVR-YYZ-AMS for Sept 29th. I know the Europe bonus is only for flights that touch Europe (per the Wiki). Does anyone know how the SQD split works for a fare?
Thanks,
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
SQD is always pro-rated based on distance.

SQD per flight = total itinerary SQD / flight's share of ticket distance.
Also, use the cowtool: https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
For those that had to manually submit missing flights, did your bonus SQM/SQD come through properly?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by c224488
For those that had to manually submit missing flights, did your bonus SQM/SQD come through properly?
No. On two flights that I had to submit manually I had to email [email protected] for the bonus and then they came through on a subsequent sweep.
c224488 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
No. On two flights that I had to submit manually I had to email [email protected] for the bonus and then they came through on a subsequent sweep.
Argh this is what I was afraid of. IRROPs made me change itineraries twice and it probably messed up everything. 6 days now and no SQM posted.

Not sure how crediting my Europe bonus is gonna work when my flights will most likely post after September 30.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by c224488
My Aug 11 flight did eventually post the bonus.. I never got a chance to write in. Not sure when it posted but it has the same date as the flight.

Ron.
c224488 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
My Aug 11 flight did eventually post the bonus.. I never got a chance to write in. Not sure when it posted but it has the same date as the flight.

Ron.
I only waited two sweeps and then got impatient. It’s quite possible credits didn’t even do anything if yours got posted automatically.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:16 pm

Did the “Monday sweep” come through for anyones flights from last couple weeks today? Mrs Viper had a flight on 26th that was going to push her over to Super elite and of course it didn’t sweep today and she’s traveling on Friday. Boo.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Did the “Monday sweep” come through for anyones flights from last couple weeks today? Mrs Viper had a flight on 26th that was going to push her over to Super elite and of course it didn’t sweep today and she’s traveling on Friday. Boo.
I have a flight from Sept 22 that posted last week, but a flight from Sept 25 that has not yet.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I received my bonus SQM/SQS/SQD for my flight on September 21st in last week's "Monday sweep". I flew September 28th and my regular SQM/SQS/SQD have posted, but the bonus hasn't yet. I'm guessing the "Monday sweep" hasn't happened yet this week.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:34 pm

I'm waiting on the bonus from a flight I took on September 24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.