Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by newfbc
Unfortunately no. I'll wait another sweep or 2 and see what happens.. will probably have to write in.

Ron.
My flight that I had to manually submit for SQS/SQD with the automatic form posted today. I did write in to the credits email last week when it didn’t post on the Monday, though. If yours didn’t post again today I suspect you’ll have to do the same.
newfbc likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K Mileage Plus Silver Marriott Titanium
Regarding the Soar Towards Status offer of double SQD, SQM, SQS to Europe through Sept 30. If I am flying through Europe (Toronto to Dubai), do I get double SQM, SDQ, SQS for the portion on Air Canada flights to and from Europe or is it considered transiting through Europe and NOT to/from and I won't get the double points? Thanks in advance
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dnparas
Regarding the Soar Towards Status offer of double SQD, SQM, SQS to Europe through Sept 30. If I am flying through Europe (Toronto to Dubai), do I get double SQM, SDQ, SQS for the portion on Air Canada flights to and from Europe or is it considered transiting through Europe and NOT to/from and I won't get the double points? Thanks in advance
With this being your first post, welcome to FT.

It's unclear what your itinerary is. Are you flying on the YYZ-DXB non-stop flight? In which case, no, you don't get the bonus, because DXB isn't in Europe. If you're flying something like YYZ-FRA-DXB, you'll get the bonus on YYZ-FRA.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K Mileage Plus Silver Marriott Titanium
Thanks Adam! What I'm doing is YYZ-FRA-DXB and DXB-ZRH-YYZ in Premium. Trans Atlantic on ACA in Premium and DXB to Europe legs are codeshare on DLH. All on an Air Canada booked ticket
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by dnparas
Thanks Adam! What I'm doing is YYZ-FRA-DXB and DXB-ZRH-YYZ in Premium. Trans Atlantic on ACA in Premium and DXB to Europe legs are codeshare on DLH. All on an Air Canada booked ticket
In that case, you should get double SQx on YYZ-FRA and ZRH-YYZ.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K
5000/5/500

was finally awarded to me right now with the back date of April 20th.

i can finally stop complaining
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC-75K, Marriott-Titanium Elite
Aug 15
YYC CALGARY - FRA FRANKFURT
Posted about 5 days after flight

Aug 18
FRA FRANKFURT - YYC CALGARY,
Still waiting, called in, they say up to 6 weeks, will report back by Sept 29th 2022
The FRA-YYC was operated by AC on AC Metal.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
500/5000/5 just posted here as well 🙌🏻
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Unfortunately still nothing for me.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Unfortunately still nothing for me.
Same here
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by bubbelbine
same! Just yesterday evening got it finally.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE
Originally Posted by FlyingMar
same here! Although I’m not sure that my sqd total changed after it posted. Sqm and sqs definitely did!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by politico_pk
I was told this afternoon that all glitches, including the late posting of Part #1, will be completed by the end of next week. This news was apparently just shared internally today. So...we shall see.
So they were a few days late...but it was darned close to accurate! At least the most accurate assessment that I got over the course of the promo. Mine posted too - woohoo!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingMar
With this being your first post, welcome to FT
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:33 pm

I've resisted posting here because I don't see much value in the play by play... But I find my pattern now a bit odd so maybe worth mentioning.

Unlike so many others my 5k was initially credited almost immediately on qualifying. And I flew in May and got the bonus promptly afterwards.

But I flew again in August 18 and didn't see the bonus. And flew back August 31 and not only didn't see the bonus didn't even see the flights credit at all until last night, 8 days after flying. I still haven't seen the bonus from any of the flights in August. I sent an email to credits last week so it's possible that triggered the crediting of the August 31 flight or it's possible it just took that long, but it hasn't awoken the bonus miles even though it's been three Mondays since then and others have been credited for flights well past August 18th

So it kind of seems like whatever fixed things for some people has caused failures for other people :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.