Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
One of the examples they give is
  • An Aeroplan Elite Status Member who links their Starbucks Rewards account, links their Uber account, and earns points with the LCBO will receive the Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD
To me, that implies no need to have a card to qualify.

My biggest unknown is whether flight pass activity will count. I certainly hope so.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Yes I saw that. The point is that further down it reads "Only PRIMARY CARDHOLDERS or PRIMARY BUSINESS CARDHOLDERS of Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards are eligible for this Offer A" .
I guess it's poorly written and I just have to hope I'm lucky. I'll stop spamming this thread, my apologies.
@quinzinho
No need to apologize. You're not spamming anything. And my earlier reply was to another poster, not you.

I agree that some of the T&C wording can be confusing, at the very least based on the questions and discussion in this thread. I assume that AC marketing had legal review and approval before this was issued. It's not the first promo where the T&C was confusing or interpreted differently by readers. The whole point of the discussion here to to navigate this and perhaps benefit from helpful input from others.
quinzinho likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I'm with you quinzinho and will be establising and linking accounts for DW who isn't a Primary.
The problem here is that it is very open to interpretation. I think it is like that missing bullet in another T+C a while back.
Per the different instructions sent to me and DW : GET (her as secondary cardholder) or HOLD (me as primary) premium card as the primary cardholder were listed as one of the 5 options of which you had to do 3. Plus it was the last one in the line which is rarely the most pivotal.
All the other promos have been very upfront about being for cardholders. The Primary cardholder distinction was always lower down in the T+C also.
AE marketing are pretty good at what they do I think. If this was about making people get a card, they wouldn't hide it.
More gain to AE to entice you into a premium CC than to mislead you into linking Uber or Starbucks for a couple of months and then getting out on a technicality and eroding loyalty at the same time.

It just occurred to me, this site needs betting chips. Earn them like Priority rewards for posts, then whenever these debates happen you have to bet one. If you lose all your chips, you can't make predictions until you earn another.
I'm going all in that Primary cardholder refers only to activity 5, not eligibility. I will accept my gold bracelet as an NFT
quinzinho likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:49 pm

Sorry for confusion. #59 is from the website https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ification.html
and not from email invitation.

Did anyone without Aeroplan Credit Card (as a primary member) receive this promotion email with "Don't have one yet?..." sentence?
If so, the recipient could more likely to be eligible even without the card. Otherwise could be targeted to the card holders.
I understand and agree that email invitation is not as official as T&C but T&C is very much ambiguous for eligibility as highlighted.

I only received HOLD sentence expression email that's why I'm asking.

Originally Posted by cozysuite
Did anyone without Aeroplan Credit Card (as a primary member) receive this promotion email?

Without referring T&C, the email says as one of the ways "to get closer to Status with everyday purchases" :

Hold : your core or premium Aeroplan credit card

---- That implies you already have the credit card. Otherwise they would write "Open" and then "You may already be eligible for this offer." like Starbucks/Uber Link.

<Edited>
.....Sorry #59 shows another expression "Don't have one yet?..." in case you don't have it yet. So you maybe eligible as far as you receive this type of email even if you don't have the card.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Sorry for confusion. #59 is from the website https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ification.html

Did anyone without Aeroplan Credit Card (as a primary member) receive this promotion email with "Don't have one yet?..." sentence?
If so, the recipient could more likely to be eligible even without the card. Otherwise could be targeted to the card holders.
I understand and agree that email invitation is not as official as T&C but T&C is very much ambiguous for eligibility as highlighted.

Hey. that's interesting! For me (without Aeroplan credit card) it states: "Get and hold a core or premium Aeroplan credit card".
Good find. Seems indeed targeted.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jasdou
This is most likely to differentiate revenue bookings and points bookings. As long as it’s not a flight reward, it should count. Hopefully.
Can one be sure that the word "cash" refers to revenue ticket (however paid for) rather than an Aeroplan ticket booked by points.
When I initially read the phrase with that word, I interpreted it to mean payment by cash (ie interac or other debit card) rather than credit card.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:43 pm

I am primary VIP cardholder, but don't think that I got a promotion email. Mrs. PITUK (not a CC holder) didn't get one either.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Can one be sure that the word "cash" refers to revenue ticket (however paid for) rather than an Aeroplan ticket booked by points.
When I initially read the phrase with that word, I interpreted it to mean payment by cash (ie interac or other debit card) rather than credit card.
I would guess that excluding CC payments would really piss off their CC partners, so expect that CC payments are OK. Interac and debit aren't technically "cash" either.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by codfather
Just tried to link my Uber account with Aeroplan to take advantage of Offer A and it wouldn't let me. I guess I will have to run out and buy something at Starbucks lol.
Same problem here.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Nice that they're including the Chase card for those of us who aren't Canadian residents. The Uber and Starbucks account links don't seem to work with American versions of either account so no benefit there.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:49 pm

For Starbucks it is easy to create a new Canadian account with alternative email address. For Uber, you need to have Canadian SMS but public free sms text service could be overridden by somebody by 4/30 so you might need your own Canadian number to register. US account does not work for both to link.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I would guess that excluding CC payments would really piss off their CC partners, so expect that CC payments are OK. Interac and debit aren't technically "cash" either.
Small unmarked bills only.
nomadic.relief and quinzinho like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:30 pm

I am not sure anyone has the answer to this question, but I have a paid J flight that leaves in the afternoon on April 30th, and would land after midnight on May 1st EST.

Since it departs on April 30th, would it be eligible for the bonus SQx? Or does the whole flight have to be completed by then?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's always scheduled departure time.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's always scheduled departure time.
Thanks! Didn't see this in the T&C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.