Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by fijaircan
Some from Jan but mostly Feb (bonuses with base miles were posted in the very first batch - around mid Feb). Now those transactions are showing up with COS miles eg: YVR to YYZ was initially posted as 2076 and now the same transaction shows 2595 (LAT fare - 25% COS).
Interesting. Thanks. Seems (based on what others have posted) that you're alone in receiving the retroactive adjustments so far.
Old May 1, 2022, 5:40 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Plumber
Mine are now all up to date, except the ones for the flights I took a week ago.
Should these bonuses, also , increase the total Aeroplan miles in my account? Or are the only strictly for the SQM and SQD?

I seem to be up to date now as well. but my total Aeroplan " regular" total did not budge.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by RZR
Should these bonuses, also , increase the total Aeroplan miles in my account? Or are the only strictly for the SQM and SQD?

I seem to be up to date now as well. but my total Aeroplan " regular" total did not budge.
the promo is for SQM/SQS/SQD not bonus Aeroplan Points
capedreamer and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I had a bunch post overnight, now current to mid-April.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
The FAQ mentions "The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate" ... I had one of my segment posted this way in the first sweep .. I Just verified and now I have the segment at 150% Bonus (it was Business class) ... so in my case they adjusted the first sweep ... maybe others can confirm ??
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every AC flight I've taken in 2022 has been Latitude, Premium Economy, or Business. Every flight I took before the first sweep posted without COS in the bonus. Every flight I took after (that's posted - I'm still missing one) posted with COS in the bonus.
I'm in the same boat as the cow - recent second sweep included COS but first sweep has not been adjusted. All my flights up to April 5 now have something credited under this promo.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:51 am

Every AC flight I've taken in 2022 has been Latitude, Premium Economy, or Business. Every flight I took before the first sweep posted without COS in the bonus. Every flight I took after (that's posted - I'm still missing one) posted with COS in the bonus.

When exactly was your flight?
Originally Posted by newfbc
Same. I have 2 Business flights, late January / early February that were posted in the first sweep without COS in the bonus.. they have not updated.

Ron.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Update for me as well: For the past couple months, I'd been waiting on missing SQx related to this promo for 4 flights since 20-Feb-2022:
  • 20-Feb-2022: AC 1286, PHX-YYZ, Latitude, B
  • 21-Feb-2022: AC 123, YYZ-YVR, Flex, U
  • 02-Mar-2022: AC 118, YVR-YYZ, Flex, Q
  • 05-Mar-2022: AC 856, YYZ-LHR, Latitude, B
On Thursday, 28-Apr-2022, I received the missing SQx for the 21-Feb-2022 YYZ-YVR flight.

On Saturday, 30-Apr-2022, I received the missing SQx for the other 3 flights.

As others have noted, the COS bonus was included for the 2 Latitude flights on 20-Feb-2022 and 05-Mar-2022. Interestingly, the outbound LHR-YYZ-PHX segments I flew on 14-Feb-2022, booked on the same ticket, and credited promptly prior to this long delay only received the base miles. You win some, you lose some, I guess!

Now I'm just waiting on the bonuses from the BC Is Calling promo...
Originally Posted by vernonc
Ditto. Flights that posted promptly did not have the double up for COS bonus. All the stuff that posted this week has the COS double up included. I guess I will let sleeping dogs lie or they may claw back the COS bonus since no one knows for sure if COS should have double up ?
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
As of this morning, 14/17 of my missing flights had posted. I just checked again, and seems one more has come in today.
No adjustments to the flights that had previously posted the promo without CoS bonuses.
Originally Posted by The Lev
I'm in the same boat as the cow - recent second sweep included COS but first sweep has not been adjusted. All my flights up to April 5 now have something credited under this promo.
For me, the bonuses got fixed (or corrected) retroactively to now include the COS (for the ones that were originally posted as base miles). Happened last night or sometime this morning.
Some from Jan but mostly Feb (bonuses with base miles were posted in the very first batch - around mid Feb). Now those transactions are showing up with COS miles eg: YVR to YYZ was initially posted as 2076 and now the same transaction shows 2595 (LAT fare - 25% COS).
The FAQ mentions "The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate" ... I had one of my segment posted this way in the first sweep .. I Just verified and now I have the segment at 150% Bonus (it was Business class) ... so in my case they adjusted the first sweep ... maybe others can confirm ??
From the above, @fijaircan and @YUL_Around_The_World seem to be the only ones who've seen pre-Feb 20 flights adjusted retroactively. One was Latitude and one was Business.

My own Latitude fares from pre-Feb 20 have not be readjusted, including a ticket where the later legs took place after Feb 20 and received the COS bonus.

Hard to understand how AC is sorting stuff out...
Old May 1, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
I rechecked and the ticket _I THINK_ was adjusted was on Feb 21 (!) ... because of all the other posters I am not 100% sure anymore but I have an Excel file with the bonuses and the Bonus was marked as 100% and now it's 150% ... flight was "Business, Z" ... based on all other comments maybe I made a simple mistake when I updated my Excel file ... fijaircan are you 100% sure it was re-adjusted? ... overall this DOES NOT make sense there is no way Air Canada can arbitrarily give a different bonus to some flyers and another to others .. on the same promotion in the same allowed Period (Jan. 1 to Apr. 30) !! ... They will surely re-adjust .. and probably to the least "Costly" option
Old May 1, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: WS Plat, AC 35k, Marriott Plat
As of this morning, have received credit for 11 of 14 flights. Missing one of two April 11 segments, one of three April 18 segments, and an April 22 segment.
Old May 1, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Received most of my bonuses now. Just two missing from April. COS bonuses on the newest ones but not in the old ones that have been posted for a while.
Old May 1, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
Oddly, my wife's have all come through but mine have not, for the same flights/booking ref. I have status, she does not.

Last edited by YYZTHF; May 1, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Old May 1, 2022, 10:59 am

I received 300%

Aeroplan deposited bonus SQM 11636 for my flight from YVR to SYD as "2022 GET CLOSER TO STATUS", which is additional 150% SQM (include extra 50% class of service bonus), that means Air Canada give you 100% bonus based on your original SQM (PE 250%, Business 300% in total)

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 1, 2022 at 11:04 am Reason: Move off topic content to appropriate thread
Old May 1, 2022, 11:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CliffD
Aeroplan deposited bonus SQM 11636 for my flight from YVR to SYD as "2022 GET CLOSER TO STATUS", which is additional 150% SQM (include extra 50% class of service bonus), that means Air Canada give you 100% bonus based on your original SQM (PE 250%, Business 300% in total)
@CliffD, with this being your first post, welcome to FT

This is consistent with what other FTers have been saying for a few days now, as has been reported in many recent posts.

You appear to be the first person here to have flown YVR-SYD on a revenue ticket since the new Aeroplan program. Perhaps you could share the new base mileage over in the calculator thread so that it could be added to the database.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
From the above, @fijaircan and @YUL_Around_The_World seem to be the only ones who've seen pre-Feb 20 flights adjusted retroactively. One was Latitude and one was Business.
No, I think they're just confused with what the first sweep covered.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:23 pm

Data point: I am still missing segments from March 26 and April 2. Specifically between YYZ and YVR - the connecting segments posted this week.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:08 pm

I rechecked and the ticket _I THINK_ was adjusted was on Feb 21 (!) ... because of all the other posters I am not 100% sure anymore but I have an Excel file with the bonuses and the Bonus was marked as 100% and now it's 150% ... flight was "Business, Z" ... based on all other comments maybe I made a simple mistake when I updated my Excel file ... fijaircan are you 100% sure it was re-adjusted? ... overall this DOES NOT make sense there is no way Air Canada can arbitrarily give a different bonus to some flyers and another to others .. on the same promotion in the same allowed Period (Jan. 1 to Apr. 30) !! ... They will surely re-adjust .. and probably to the least "Costly" option
No, I think they're just confused with what the first sweep covered.
Fair enough. Feb 20 / 21 seems to be right around the cut-off for what got caught in the first vs. second sweeps. For me, flights from Feb 20 and Feb 21 did not receive these SQx bonuses until April 28. But I also read reports of others upthread whose bonuses for Feb 20 flights posted in March. So some confusion between which flights from around those dates were in the first vs. second sweeps is understandable.

But @fijaircan reports flights from January caught in the first sweep having received the COS bonus retroactively, which is surprising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.