Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
Flight (LHR-YYZ-YYZ)
Got the bonus only for LHR to YYZ leg

Flight (YYC-YUL-LHR)
Got the bonus for both legs

Kind of inconsistent the bonus should either for both legs in each or just the Europe portion.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone else find AC's inconsistency in referring to this promo to be amusing? The title of this thread, I think, came from the e-mail announcing the promo. The entries in our Aeroplan activity refer to "Get closer to status". And in the e-mail I got about an SQD discrepancy, it was referred to as "Soar to Status".

I had a quick look through my most recent flights, and it's also inconsistent. Of my EZE trip (YYC-YUL-GRU-EZE round trip, one PNR), only EZE-GRU seems not to have posted. From the previous weekend, YVR-LAX posted, LAX-YYC didn't (separate PNRs). I can't be bothered to spend any more time on this tonight.
Originally Posted by V One
I also noticed the almost interchangeable Soar and Accelerate and find the lack of consistency amusing.

i, too, have decided to stop spending time on it tonight. If some bonus posted today, some more can post again soon, is my thought.
I find the inconsistent marketing language rather apropos given the inconsistent crediting behaviour. Very meta, AC!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
One of my missing legs from March 12 YYZ - PSP just posted for the 100% SQx bonus. It posted as a "march 12" transaction right next to the Flight Activity.
Still missing the bonus for a Feb 27 flight.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Missing just one segment for the accelerate your status promo (they got the return but not the outbound). I'm at 19350ish SQD and this one is worth over 700. Would make me a first time SE so I called in, was told that IT knows there are some errors, and they will be updating it as soon as possible.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
It's super interesting how these are posting. My partner and myself traveled on YOW-YYZ-YWG in P on the same PNR. For myself YOW-YYZ posted the bonus and for him YYZ-YWG posted the bonus.

I'm sure this will be resolved by the end of the year along with the eUps that are being held for cancelled flights
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Super weird.

I flew YVR-YUL-GRU-EZE-GRU-YUL-YOW.

The Accelerate credits have posted for GRU-EZE-GRU-YUL but not YVR-YUL-GRU.

I don't count the YUL-YOW, for whatever reason short hops to/from YOW always credit a week or more after the rest of the itinerary.
​​
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:40 am

To add my data to the weirdness...

In March I flew YYC-YYZ-SCL-YYZ-YYC

YYZ-YYC bonus posted last night

Last week I flew IAH-YYZ-LHR

YYZ-LHR bonus posted last night
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:01 am

They still seem to be doing some significant processing work today. Had a few more Accelerate bonuses post this morning but the progress bar hasn't updated (would trigger a status jump).
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: AC E35K, HHonors-Silver, BW-Diamond, Bonvoy-Gold Elite
I've had 2 of 6 missing legs posted. Feb 28 and Mar 3 were credited, still missing Mar 13 & 17.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Well I feel like the kid in detention - no bonus has posted for me since Feb
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Nothing in the app, but website shows updates.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Nothing in the app, but website shows updates.
logout n login
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AC-SE, IHG Ambassador, National Executive, LHW
Thanks WaytoomuchEurope. I did not know you could verbally give your Aeroplan number to the teller. I thought you needed the Aeroplan card or show the number in the app.
If that works, I have an employee who lives right across the border in Hull. I'll ask him to go to LCBO and buy a bottle of wine. I'll let him drink it! Cheers
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone else find AC's inconsistency in referring to this promo to be amusing? The title of this thread, I think, came from the e-mail announcing the promo. The entries in our Aeroplan activity refer to "Get closer to status". And in the e-mail I got about an SQD discrepancy, it was referred to as "Soar to Status".

I had a quick look through my most recent flights, and it's also inconsistent. Of my EZE trip (YYC-YUL-GRU-EZE round trip, one PNR), only EZE-GRU seems not to have posted. From the previous weekend, YVR-LAX posted, LAX-YYC didn't (separate PNRs). I can't be bothered to spend any more time on this tonight.
Air Canada:
All right, settle down, settle down. Now, before we start to distribute promotional miles, will those of you who are taking a flight this week register with the Aeroplan promotion immediately after lunch, before you get your boarding pass, if you don't have a seat assignment, unless you're the nominee of a super elite member who is also taking a different flight later in the month, in which case, change your seat assignment to a port side seat, and check-in online now, but before you change your Air Canada password, and make sure the super elite member registers for the promotion for you. Now...

Adam Smith:
Excuse me?

Air Canada:
Yes, Adam?

Adam Smith:
I'm taking a flight this week, but I'm not the nominee of a super elite member who's flying today. So, do I check-in for my flight now, or...

Air Canada:
I do wish you'd listen, Adam. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting taking any checked bags on your flight, you don't have to register for the promotion. You simply change your password before next Wednesday, after you've done your online check-in, when you've submitted your Air Canada support request, before the upgrades clear, then check the online dashboard, make a trial booking using your points, cancel within 24 hours, and tell the concierge that you've completed the requirements.

Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I received 7 out of 18 segments, but I only got one credit when I flew two or more legs on AC a day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.