FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2067362-accelerate-your-way-status-2023-2022-promo-see-wiki-if-promo-not-posted.html)

TOR27 Feb 1, 2022 9:25 am

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

New offer posted on Rewards Canada this morning, great opportunity to get a head start on status for 2023.

Part 1: Members can get a one-time bonus of 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS, and $500 SQD when they do any three of the following by April 30, 2022:
  • Link their Aeroplan and Starbucks Rewards;
  • Link their Uber or Uber Eats with your Aeroplan account;
  • Earn points with the Aeroplan eStore, LCBO, Starbucks, Uber, Uber Eats or a car or hotel booking;
  • Redeem points for any merchandise or gift card at the Aeroplan eStore or for a car or hotel booking;
  • Hold a Core or Premium Aeroplan Co-brand credit card through at least April 30, 2022. The entry level credit cards from TD and CIBC are ineligible, however the new U.S. Chase co-brand credit card does qualify
Part 2: All Aeroplan Members can get 100% bonus SQM, SQS, and SQD on Air Canada-operated flights (including Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge) in Economy Standard fare or higher when members book with cash. (This applies for any travel between January 1 and April 30, 2022, regardless of when the reservation was made. No registration is required.)

Part 3: All Aeroplan Members can get up to 5,000 bonus SQM and 50% bonus SQD when you purchase an Air Canada Vacations package. (Travel must be completed by April 30, 2022 and is retroactive to January 1)

Rewards Canada Post: https://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2022/0...-your-way.html
AC Promo Page: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ication.html#/

Moderator note: For those looking for information on basics of the Starbucks and Uber partnerships, such as how to link accounts, issues linking accounts, etc, please note that each of those partnerships has its own thread that would be a more suitable place to post about those things.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

TechnoTourist Feb 1, 2022 9:45 am

Key note for part 1 is that if you have already linked your cards or currently hold a CC no action is required provided you keep the card or link until April 30th

Adam Smith Feb 1, 2022 10:12 am

Nice promo. I imagine it should be pretty easy for most of us to earn the Part 1 offer, and Part 2 could add some nice value.

UFP SQx are excluded from Part 2, but regular FP bookings aren't, so seems like those should qualify? Would be nice to know whether these qualified for LQM. Probably not, but it wouldn't be the first time.

ride red Feb 1, 2022 10:17 am

For offer A, what if we've already linked Starbucks and Uber eats? Does that count? Or can we relink? If not, the third activity would have to be redeeming points for a hotel or car rental, which is a terrible value.

Adam Smith Feb 1, 2022 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ride red (Post 33954463)
For offer A, what if we've already linked Starbucks and Uber eats? Does that count?

Yes, as is clearly detailed on the AC page and in the Rewards Canada article.

You may already be eligible for this offer. For activities requiring linked accounts, you will be eligible if the account in question remains linked until the offer end date. You will be eligible for the credit card activity provided you hold an eligible credit card and it remains in good standing until the offer end date.

TheCanuckian Feb 1, 2022 10:20 am

I suppose this proves that AC plans to continue to offer ways of earning SQD in ways other than flying (even if in this case it’s a relatively small amount).

ChrisA330 Feb 1, 2022 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 33954469)
Yes, as is clearly detailed on the AC page and in the Rewards Canada article.

As well as clearly detailed in Post #2.

yyckiwi Feb 1, 2022 10:54 am

In Part 2, it says "...when members book with cash." I presume that a credit card falls under this? Would an Air Canada travel voucher from a cancelled flight come under cash?

canadiancow Feb 1, 2022 10:57 am

Rather than not reading the 8 posts or the terms and asking a question, I decided to just do my own research for the question I had.

For the double SQx:

Please allow 6-8 weeks for Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD to be credited in your account, following your Eligible Scheduled Flight departure.

jasdou Feb 1, 2022 11:12 am

Originally Posted by yyckiwi (Post 33954577)
In Part 2, it says "...when members book with cash." I presume that a credit card falls under this? Would an Air Canada travel voucher from a cancelled flight come under cash?

This is most likely to differentiate revenue bookings and points bookings. As long as it’s not a flight reward, it should count. Hopefully.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...461cf10c4.jpeg

ffsim Feb 1, 2022 11:33 am

Nice promo… feels like AC wants to start shifting away from another blanket status extension. Kind of like “here, we’ll help make earning status easier for 2023, but we’re done with the freebies.”

Bohemian1 Feb 1, 2022 11:41 am

It's not clear to me that Part 2 requires a booking to be purchased during the promo period (January 1, 2022 at 00:01 EST and April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST), only that the trip is flown within the promo period. So existing rez are fine?

The Terms and Conditions on AC.com don't seem to say anything different, but maybe I'm reading this wrong.

painintheuk Feb 1, 2022 11:47 am

Very nice promo! I almost never use Uber, but I'll link my account and that should be it for Offer A. Pretty easy 5k SQM! Got a card and will visit LCBO this week.

ffsim Feb 1, 2022 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 33954713)
It's not clear to me that Part 2 requires a booking to be purchased during the promo period (January 1, 2022 at 00:01 EST and April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST), only that the trip is flown within the promo period. So existing rez are fine?

The Terms and Conditions on AC.com don't seem to say anything different, but maybe I'm reading this wrong.

My reading is that yes, existing reservations are fine — as long as the flights are flown within the promo period and the other criteria are satisfied.

painintheuk Feb 1, 2022 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 33954713)

I read it as flown as well.

From the T&C: "Travel must take place within the following travel period: between January 1, 2022 at 00:01 EST and April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST."