Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm told we can expect an update after tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Originally Posted by HamptonIce
Just got off the phone with Aeroplan. It has been exactly eight weeks and no bonuses posted. They said they are aware and will need two more weeks. Ridiculous
Sigh. My source was clearly wrong. I was told that after yesterday, both this promo and the BC is Calling ones should be caught up. Clearly not.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes.
so, my original itinerary from YVR-NRT was switched to YVR-SYD. I used the credit from the Narita flight and applied it to the Sydney flight. The concierge assured me that the credit was like cash and I would get the full SQD value of the Sydney flight and that it would be eligible for the 2x promo.

First leg posted and it is for the fair difference between the NRT and SYD flights. Colour me very nervous.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Duff76
so, my original itinerary from YVR-NRT was switched to YVR-SYD. I used the credit from the Narita flight and applied it to the Sydney flight. The concierge assured me that the credit was like cash and I would get the full SQD value of the Sydney flight and that it would be eligible for the 2x promo.

First leg posted and it is for the fair difference between the NRT and SYD flights. Colour me very nervous.
You'll be fine, but you'll need to fill in the missing SQD form.

There are reasons they didn't switch to dollar-based earnings as they said they would. This is the primary reason.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You'll be fine, but you'll need to fill in the missing SQD form.

There are reasons they didn't switch to dollar-based earnings as they said they would. This is the primary reason.
thanks. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Duff76

yup, same thing happened to me. Only the fare difference posted as the SQD and have to wait until my return is done and will fill the SQD discrepency.

Weird that this happens and AC hasn't caught this happening to people.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
T and C updated: Credits could be delayed further

The Terms and Conditions for the promotion have been changed and now read:
  • Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD to be credited in your account, following the end of the Offer Period.

This means that all credits, whether Europe or not, could be posted as late as 8 weeks following September 30.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by V One
  • Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD to be credited in your account, following the end of the Offer Period.

This means that all credits, whether Europe or not, could be posted as late as 8 weeks following September 30.
Wow. I have two completed and soon to be third Europe trip. Need a priority reward from this promo.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by V One

Feels like a bait and switch.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by vernonc
Wow. I have two completed and soon to be third Europe trip. Need a priority reward from this promo.
Hope it comes through for you sooner rather than later. .

Opposite for me- I would not mind gettting all the bonuses in Sep/Oct and then the extra Priority rewards i will earn will be valid for a year from then.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber

Opposite for me- I would not mind gettting all the bonuses in Sep/Oct and then the extra Priority rewards i will earn will be valid for a year from then.
Me too - rather get the threshold/eUps after July 1st

I suspect in true AC fashion, we will be disappointed though and get it sooner than that haha
painintheuk and Plumber like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Plumber
Hope it comes through for you sooner rather than later. .

I am flying to US today so supposedly i will get regular SQD which should unlock a priority. But I do not trust their system. I do not need eups just yet so those would be be better in Sept/Oct.
Plumber likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by mathemagic
Feels like a bait and switch.
Nah - they need to hire the co-op students to take all the printed boarding passes and manually they them into a system and then they need to feed the hamsters to turn the wheels.
mathemagic likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
The original email I received on February 1 had 3 checkmarks:

The email about the extension I received on April 5 had nothing:
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Personally, I'm kind of doubtful that Air Canada IT has the ability to generate a bulk e-mail that has embedded customized images based on a query on customer status. LOL.

I hope you're right.
Both my e-mails had two check marks.

Is there a way to verify that Aeroplan knows I've completed three activities?
I have the credit card.
My *bucks card is linked.
I've received points for adding $$ to my card.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC 75k
No word of a lie, I had a dream 2 weeks ago that I got a message on my phone that my bonuses posted and when I logged in it was all there.

I think the most important step is admitting you have a problem....
Then again, maybe AC is using mind control to give me Capgras syndrome and you are all just here to assure me that what is happening is NORMAL, everything is as it should be.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by tracon
I hope you're right.
Both my e-mails had two check marks.

Is there a way to verify that Aeroplan knows I've completed three activities?
I have the credit card.
My *bucks card is linked.
I've received points for adding $$ to my card.
Lol. At this point I've resigned myself to taking screenshots / having evidence for everything and being prepared to submit tickets etc. after the fact. Clearly AC's IT incompetence is not getting any better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.