Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
So that's 77 round trips - for 70% AC may need to operate 54 round trips per week (7-8 daily)
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Regarding the Dominican Republic

Any news on YYZ-SDQ? Air Canada of course suspended many "Sun Destination" flights, but I see that Samana and Puerto Plata flights are set to resume in May. Yet I can't find Santo Domingo flights.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
Any news on YYZ-SDQ? Air Canada of course suspended many "Sun Destination" flights, but I see that Samana and Puerto Plata flights are set to resume in May. Yet I can't find Santo Domingo flights.
SDQ was launched as a seasonal route, so I wouldn't expect it to come back until next winter.
FrenchLaundry likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:43 am

What are the chances that Air Canada would resume recently suspended routes to Caribbean destinations like SXM, AUA and CUR this winter/spring if Canada's pre-arrival PCR test requirements are dropped or downgraded to antigen, as rumoured for March 1st ?

Last edited by hoipolloi; Feb 14, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Air Canada - 35k
When do planes for seasonal routes tend to get announced? I'm looking at YVR-OGG for early Feb 2023, but would really like to book onto a 789 for a lie-flat. I know that the route and planes got announced last May for this winter - should I expect similar timing, or....?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Graeme Campbell
When do planes for seasonal routes tend to get announced? I'm looking at YVR-OGG for early Feb 2023, but would really like to book onto a 789 for a lie-flat. I know that the route and planes got announced last May for this winter - should I expect similar timing, or....?
There is so much uncertainty about plans for even April 2022, let alone February 2023, that I wouldn't believe anything they announce more than a couple of months in advance (if that). They might intend to operate a certain aircraft on a given route at a certain time right now, but those plans will likely change several times before the flight departs, depending on how much international business travel pick up and how severe the next few waves of Covid variants are.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Major May and June schedule clawbacks

I have had MANY changes to flights with most being quite troublesome impacting my ability to effectively complete planned itineraries in Atlantic Canada. Some examples for late May/early June.
- Halifax - Deer Lake only one daily
- Halifax - St Johns - downgrade from A320 to DH8
- St John’s to Montreal change from Rouge 319 to A220 and decrease in schedule

St John’s to YYZ also looks thinner. Likely there are many more. Flights from YEG to YYZ also consolidated. Some trans Atlantic downgauged. Not great AC!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Star Alliance Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, NEXUS GE
Frustrated that there are literally no AC routes to LAS that aren't Rouge. I get that YYZ-LAS is mainly a leisure route, but Las Vegas has enough conventions that I figured there would be at least some main fleet offerings.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Sigh, looks like more schedule changes ruining flight plans already booked... getting ready of notification now
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:38 pm
Suspended

A major schedule change was apparently conducted up until October. The booking agent told us it was mostly timing / gauge changes. Not sure if that’s true given the changes the comments above are mentioning.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by hemustbeaboss
A major schedule change was apparently conducted up until October. The booking agent told us it was mostly timing / gauge changes. Not sure if that’s true given the changes the comments above are mentioning.
1) Flight booked YVR-EWR in May changed from lie flat to 7M8​​​​​​​2) schedule changes for my commuter flight from ycd-yvr... for the worst​​​​​​​3) I have a YCD-YYZ trip booked in Sept, my first leg inbound flight was canceled and no replacement flight provided... this should be an easy fix with a call in and I can see R space available
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:03 am

LAS-YYC/YVR is mainline.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:07 am

YYC-PDX is now off the books until October 30
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Really hope my 788 YYZ-SJO for March break doesn't get rogued, so much of an upgrade over the natty 767 in J

Not holding my breath as this seems to be a leisure route mostly so would not be surprised.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Got notified today of changes for SFO-YYZ-CPH on July 13. Timing changes actually shorten the time to get there by 2 hours..great! Leaving 70 minutes later out of SFO...a little more sleep the night before.

A330 SFO-YYZ. Was a A330 YYZ-CPH now changed to a 789.

Last edited by BlueZebra; Feb 16, 2022 at 6:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.